• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

the3ye

How was the Lucario hunt at Metropolis?
I heard one clerk saying simple "nightmare".
He is my favorite poké but the amiibo looks boring so I won't miss him.
There are lots of Bowsers though. Wow he's a heavy one, perfect as a paperweight.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
So far in my hunts I've noticed that Bowser seems to be the most common in most locations with Toon Link being the second most

Blues1990

Wow he's a heavy one, perfect as a paperweight.
The Bowser, King Dedede, & Donkey Kong Amiibo's are all qualified as paper weights, if you think about it. I think out of all of them, the penguin is the "heaviest" out of the big heavies in the Smash Bros. Amiibo line.

I got my King Dedede replacement from EB tonight. Woohoo!

He's got a perfect box and his build quality and paint work is perfect. Hooray!

Well, here's my haul for this week:

ngZssUc.jpg

Shulk shipped from a pre-order I placed a few weeks back. Had a minor scare when I a received an email about my payment method being declined (apparently many people received this same message), but it was all an error and I sorted it out with CS. It was... slightly embarassing to have a rep on the phone line cheerfully declare to me "no worries Mr. [so-and-so], I can confirm that your Shulk Amiibo has shipped and is on the way!" Feels a little weird hearing that as a grown man, haha.

Called Toys R Us at noon on Tuesday and they very kindly set aside their last Sheik for me. Unfortunately, the two Ike, Sonic, and Mega Man they received were gone as soon as they were on the shelf! Went to pick up Sheik that same night (everyone was super nice at my store) and I asked to have a Lucario set aside for me. They actually agreed and even showed me the Amiibo before putting it under the desk with my name on it. Picked up Toon Link and Bowser that night too.

Snagged King Dedede from Amazon.ca after mdubs alerted everyone that it was in stock. Was lucky enough to be on my lunch break at the time. I think that one sold out in like five minutes. Received my shipment the next day. Super fast!

And for Lucario ... arrived at my TRU around 8AM today. Was the ninth person in line. It was so, so cold, but everyone was very nice. They eventually handed us tickets. I am pretty sure everyone in our line got one, so I felt happy about that. Nothing crazy happened - everyone was polite. I wasn't sure if they were still actually holding the Lucario that they had set aside for me, so I just told a manager to feel free to sell it to whoever!

I had to rush back to work, but as I pulled into the parking lot I got an email alert (thanks to lionpants) that Lucario was in stock online. Managed to get one using my phone and a very slow data connection! My second Lucario will hopefully be used to trade for a Meta Knight!

Glad to see so many people had success today along with me! It's great that we're all pulling together and helping each other out. This is AWESOME! Cheers!

PS. Now I'm just waiting for my Rosalina FS pre-order and my Mega Man / Sonic BB pre-order to ship. Here's hoping there aren't any issues...

Kilvin

Did anybody have luck at a Wal-mart NOT in NW Ontario? :)

Nope, I haven't seen a single person report sightings of anything Wave 3 related at Walmart.

Stupid stubborn Kilvin is going to give the local walmarts one last look tomorrow morning in hope they got a shipment overnight.

Not expecting anything.

Stage On

What can I do for a Shulk? :(

Yeah same... really want a shulk :(

Yup :( I've pretty well already filed him in the "unobtainable" category.

I really hope you guys can get a Shulk somehow.

When I realized that it was going to be impossible for me to get the full set I actually sold off the Wii Fit trainer and Villager I had for $20 each so that other collectors could have them.

When I realized that it was going to be impossible for me to get the full set I actually sold off the Wii Fit trainer and Villager I had for $20 each so that other collectors could have them.

Wow o_0 Villager? I think you deserve some sort of medal

Sora_N

That's why I don't mind skipping some. I don't need them all.

So on the day of Smash launch, EB Games had a huge line for the game, the bundle, Pokemon and amiibo. At the Target I went to, they had all original 12. Doubles. And I had Marth and Villager in my hand and said, "I'll only get my main (Link) for now and pick Marth up later. And this foot stand on Villager looks weird."

FML.

Kilvin

Thanks :) And that was a really awesome gesture by you, I bet those people were ecstatic :)

Stage On

Wow o_0 Villager? I think you deserve some sort of medal

I know I could have actually made money off it instead of selling it off at cost but as a collector I just didn't have the heart to screw another collector over like that.

That's why I don't mind skipping some. I don't need them all.

Yeah I cried a bit when I realized I couldn't the full set but resigned myself to it pretty fast after that. It still hurts thought when you end up having to skip over one you still wanted like I had to do with Lucario.

Weiss

Banned
Hell yes my DeDeDe showed up and my two Lucarios have shipped.

Still kind of annoyed that, in my haste to get one before they sold out, I ended up paying the eight dollar shipping on my first order and then realized he was still in stock, but whatevs. Now I got a Diddy coming.

Went to almost every walmart in winnipeg and found nothing but mario and peach. I asked store workers and some had no idea what an amiibo was or they said maybe tommorrow. >.>

ohlawd

what a mess with WM

I'm in the Shulk camp also. last week, my bro asked if we can go out and get Shulk. Kid doesn't really understand how fucked up amiibo distribution is. had to say no, we won't be able to get him

I fucked up, GAF. I should have done all that preoder shit with Shulk.

Aerocia

what a mess with WM

I'm in the Shulk camp also. last week, my bro asked if we can go out and get Shulk. Kid doesn't really understand how fucked up amiibo distribution is. had to say no, we won't be able to get him

I fucked up, GAF. I should have done all that preoder shit with Shulk.

Well, we can always pay out of our asses and really make a scalper's day. :/

I hope Shulk gets a reprint. I wanted a preorder but the EB site went up and down within like half a day. Guess us working types can't catch a break with some of these shenanigans. Another reason why retailer exclusives are a horrible idea.

Oh wow really? I must have missed your message about it earlier.

Yeah. Stock got there some time this afternoon. Only thing from the wave that wasn't there was Shulk, Meta Knight, Lucario, Megaman, and Sonic. But they got the rest in. A bunch of Shieks and even more Bowsers. But Rosie was there (x2) which my son wanted right then and there. With things still kinda up in the air with FS, I decided to pick those up and know FOR SURE that they were secured. And DDD, Toon Link and Shulk were also there.

Kilvin

Yeah. Stock got there some time this afternoon. Only thing from the wave that wasn't there was Shulk, Meta Knight, Lucario, Megaman, and Sonic. But they got the rest in. A bunch of Shieks and even more Bowsers. But Rosie was there (x2) which my son wanted right then and there. With things still kinda up in the air with FS, I decided to pick those up and know FOR SURE that they were secured. And DDD, Toon Link and Shulk were also there.

A great find, did you grab anyone else besides Rosalina? Edit: Never mind, misread your post.

My son is more into Skylanders and Infinity unfortunately, Amiibos are daddy's thing. Though I'm trying to sway him ;)

Renewed

Does anyone else want a full on Xenoblade line so they can get Riki, Fiora and Reyn amiibos?

I was just gonna buy 6 more Shulks so I could give them the colour palettes of the party. But that sounds great, more Xenoblade merch is always appreciated!

Top Bottom