• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Renewed

I guess I should have snapped a pic with my cell phone.

Yes, Ike, Rosie, Sheik, King DeDeDe, Bowser. The only ones that weren't there were Shulk, Megaman, Meta Knight, Sonic, Lucario.

I don't know if I'm sad over missing Lucario even though I added it to my cart immediately. I just sat there wondering if it was worth it. Just gonna let this play out and see where it goes. I can't imagine Pokemon amiibos getting much use until something like Pokken.

ohlawd

well ok if anyone's hitting the Walmart at Guildford Town Centre, buy me a Shiek and Toon Link and I'll buy them with a bonus >_>

Hey guys, does it say "in stock" or "out of stock" when you check your rosalina orders?

On Best Buy. It says Out of Stock.

The release date was today so the Pre-Order status auto changes to Out of Stock if there is no stock.

Apparently, the Mississauga warehouse is still waiting for a shipment from the west coast.

On Best Buy. It says Out of Stock.

The release date was today so the Pre-Order status auto changes to Out of Stock if there is no stock.

Apparently, the Mississauga warehouse is still waiting for a shipment from the west coast.

Ah alright that make sense, thanks buddy!

"Out of Stock."
Futureshop

Would I have a good chance of getting a Megaman Amiibo Monday morning at EBGames? Be honest :p

It's hard to say what time they may even have them.

I honestly don't know. Sounds like it's for preorders only right now as well.

I would look at other retailers.

N° 2048

It's hard to say what time they may even have them.

I honestly don't know. Sounds like it's for preorders only right now as well.

I would look at other retailers.

Great point, I was assuming they'd be there at open. I should know better with this Amiibo craze :p

Don't go by that. It shows nothing at my store. I've been told over and over again by the employees there that that thing is never right and always late to update.

Just going to ignore me then?

I've posted a daily update here everyday this week and important tweets from my own communication with EB and other retailers.

I don't need to give my location due to my own privacy concerns.

isny

napkin dispenser
So my Lucario also shipped by itself. I contacted TRU's CS to see if they'd cancel my filler item as it hadn't shipped yet...and success! So Lucario with free shipping with no need to return a filler item, huzzah!

Online stock tracker at Walmart seems to be particularly bad from what I've seen. I've had situation with it saying there is no stock online and found stuff in store while I was in store.

Also, I know for me the site takes my postal code when I go on every so often and I think stock is tracked for your local stores. So if I'm in Toronto it won't necessarily show me that stock is available in NW Ontario.

Edit: Yup, just checked now it says no stock available at Nearby Stores.

Renewed

Even if Walmart's going to get Wave 3s, I don't expect much from my store. I had to ask where the amiibo section was. It was hidden behind Skylanders/Disney Infinity in this small column (2x5 pegs). I just stopped going there and relied on my go-to EB Games which was in that same area.

Even if Walmart's going to get Wave 3s, I don't expect much from my store. I had to ask where the amiibo section was. It was hidden behind Skylanders/Disney Infinity in this small column (2x5 pegs). I just stopped going there and relied on my go-to EB Games which was in that same area.

Yup. Amiibos in my local store seem to be hidden on a back endcap.

Weird stuff.

Just going to ignore me then?

I've posted a daily update here everyday this week and important tweets from my own communication with EB and other retailers.

I don't need to give my location due to my own privacy concerns.

Byron, you're making this a thing. It's not a thing. Relax. I was trying to give people an idea of where in Canada. If someone asked me what town, I'd tell them, but they wouldn't know where the hell that was. I didn't ignore you. I responded to your "passive aggressive" comment. If I didn't respond fast enough to your liking, I apologize. I'm trying to make supper for my family.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
ZPaF8Ka.jpg

I can finally rest easy.

At least until Best Buy starts shipping Meta Knight. xD

GtwoK

Don't go by that. It shows nothing at my store. I've been told over and over again by the employees there that that thing is never right and always late to update.

Wait, so are you actually NW Ontario? Nothing in Kitchener, just drove out to Walmart. Hopefully they'd get them tonight sometime then. If you're not in Ontario it might still be a day or so

ohlawd

Guildford Town Centre Walmart in Surrey, BC

Jest, if you're asking for stock at my place, I don't know. Haven't been there yet. Just describing how amiibos are treated here lol

Byron, you're making this a thing. It's not a thing. Relax. I was trying to give people an idea of where in Canada. If someone asked me what town, I'd tell them, but they wouldn't know where the hell that was. I didn't ignore you. I responded to your "passive aggressive" comment. If I didn't respond fast enough to your liking, I apologize. I'm trying to make supper for my family.

So we are both in Northwestern Ontario?

Kilvin

Welcome to the Family Rosalina!

Rosalina said:

Filling out the back of the Purolator card worked, so thank you to those of you who suggested. The driver returned and left the package at a later time.

This Rosalina was obtained yesterday when a few of us noticed Rosalina sitting in our shopping carts on EBGames.ca from the 30 second sellout madness from the day before where basically all of us missed out on her.

We realized it would let us continue the checkout and payment so we all decided what the hell and went for it not expecting anything to come out of it.

Well I'm happy to say, for me at least, it worked. I realize how lucky and fortunate I am to have her. I would love to know if any of the others have had success, a few others have chimed in but I know there were more of you.

And yes if you are curious, she will be opened. :)

Top Bottom