• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Sora_N

I still have the page open before it sold out:

Limit 1 item per customer

I definitely saw that but since I didn't try to change quantity in the cart...who knows if it was actually limited haha.
It was probably limited to 1 per person anyway.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Any word of walmarts in the GTA getting anything? I want a toon link or ike :(

ohlawd

oh yeah WMs are wack. Monday sounds like a good day for new amiibos

Seriously? I thought that was just for Persona threads.

well if someone contacts a mod and tell them they're uncomfortable with this and that in X thread, no thread is free

Persona threads are.... yeah, you know

anyway I just wanted to say that as a friendly warning to my fellow Canadians. no one here really participates in that kind of talk tho, even in other threads so that's good. +1 to everyone lol

espher

Toys R Us apparently billed and shipped both of my Lucarios last night, despite me having a re-route request in and disputing the shipping charge they were putting forth.

Fanfuckingtastic.

It appears EB Canada is officially using the moniker "Wave 4" for the Super Mario Series release March 20th.

Basically every batch that is released will be a "Wave" with them.

So technically the Wave 4 for Smash will likely be called "Wave 5" by them.

Get ready to be confused!

jholmes

Tempted to grab Pacman from there, how rare do you guys think he'll be?

Something from that wave has to be somewhat easy to get. I'd say it's either Pac-Man or maybe Greninja.

Better safe than sorry but I'm not putting extra dough down for Pac-Man. Not yet, anyway. Ness, on the other hand...

Here's how I know Walmart's "In stock at My Store" feature doesn't work/isn't accurate. This morning it shows Sheik there, and Bowser.but Ike, Toon Link, and DDD say "Not sold in stores" which is COMPLETELY wrong. Don't trust that website feature. Call or go there yourself.

Toys R Us apparently billed and shipped both of my Lucarios last night, despite me having a re-route request in and disputing the shipping charge they were putting forth.

Fanfuckingtastic.

Well. Now you have leverage. Call them again and have it corrected or get compensated. And if you need to, tell them you're going to put a dispute in with your credit card/paypal.

It appears EB Canada is officially using the moniker "Wave 4" for the Super Mario Series release March 20th.

Basically every batch that is released will be a "Wave" with them.

So technically the Wave 4 for Smash will likely be called "Wave 5" by them.

Get ready to be confused!

When you're up all night staring at a screen waiting for a red button to go green...it becomes easy to be confused. But in their defence...they're not Toy people. There's an understanding and culture between Toy companies and the people that collect. EB games is all about video games first and formost. It's fine if they're consistent with it. If they start flip flopping all over...then we're in trouble.

beta_fuse

I also went to 3 wal-marts this morning and then had absolutely nothing new. One employee told me the reason for the delay was a strike at the US Walmarts but it's the first I hear of that so I didn't know whetherto believe him or not. Will try again Monday

I also went to 3 wal-marts this morning and then had absolutely nothing new. One employee told me the reason for the delay was a strike at the US Walmarts but it's the first I hear of that so I didn't know whetherto believe him or not. Will try again Monday

That's an odd excuse. If there's a strike, it would have affected all Walmarts and it didn't affect mine.

I work in electronics at Walmart and we have not had any Wave 3 at all yet, and I'd be genuinely surprised if we had any on Monday at this rate. Nothing to do with strikes or anything weird like that though. For some reason my store only seems to get them mixed in a box with other Nintendo products that are running low on/out of stock. Thankfully I grabbed Bowser from walmart.ca but I was hoping we'd get a Toon Link in stock that I could grab :(

I work in electronics at Walmart and I can tell you that we have not had any Wave 3 at all yet, and I'd be genuinely surprised if we had any on Monday. Nothing to do with strikes or anything weird like that though. For some reason my store only seems to get them mixed in a box with other Nintendo products that are running low on/out of stock. Thankfully I grabbed Bowser from walmart.ca but I was hoping we'd get a Toon Link in stock that I could grab.

I was incredibly surprised to see them at my store. I had spoke to one of the older ladies earlier in the week and she had said they hadn't been getting anything at all since Christmas. Stock wasn't getting replenished. So I just figured I was lucky to see the first two waves hit the shelves and wouldn't get that kind of luck moving forward. So yeah it was a BIG surprise to see an entire end cap dedicated to Wave 3 and some replenished stock from wave 2 (just the commons).

I was incredibly surprised to see them at my store. I had spoke to one of the older ladies earlier in the week and she had said they hadn't been getting anything at all since Christmas. Stock wasn't getting replenished. So I just figured I was lucky to see the first two waves hit the shelves and wouldn't get that kind of luck moving forward. So yeah it was a BIG surprise to see an entire end cap dedicated to Wave 3 and some replenished stock from wave 2 (just the commons).
Wow that gives me hope they might be coming sooner rather than later! We've gotten one lone shipment since Christmas and it only had Diddy, Kirby, Mario, Pikachu and surprisingly a few Captain Falcons.

Wow that gives me hope they might be coming sooner rather than later! We've gotten one lone shipment since Christmas and it only had Diddy, Kirby, Mario, Pikachu and surprisingly a few Captain Falcons.

Yeah Wal Mart seems to be the worst of all the retailers for Amiibos.

The first Wave was fine but Wave 2 showed up after Christmas and no Wave 3 yet.

Did anyone who ordered Megaman and Sonic from EB Games' website receive a shipping email yet? Cause I haven't yet :/

Can't speak for EB but that doesn't surprise me. Those two are delayed all over the place. My order on Amazon has "Delivery estimate: Tuesday, February 24, 2015 - Thursday, March 5, 2015 by 8:00pm"

Banned
Let me save toronto GAF some time by saying don't bother going to flea markets for amiibo's. The guy was trying to sell me Japanese Marth for $75 and told me its $150 on the market. I can import Marth for much less thank you very much.

This was 401 Dixie market.

CRA5H

Lol you're doing it wrong if you're going to flea markets for anything.

Well, unless its for bootleg clothing haha

beta_fuse

Am I the only one who didn't get a shipping notice from Toys R Us for my 2 Lucario PayPal orders? I got the email saying that I submitted my order to TRU but I never got a notice of shipment. I'm starting to think I'm gonna get screwed over :( any others in this situation?

INTERESTING INFO

I follow Valyrian Steel on facebook. (if you're a Game of Thrones fan and want to collect swords and show replicas...there's nobody better. http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/ ) They just tweeted...

"Assuming there is not a West coast port shutdown because of a labor strike, regular Oathkeeper and Jaime's Sword should ship in Mid-March."

So there may be some truth to the labor strike, and may very well be the culprit for some of these delays.

INTERESTING INFO

I follow Valyrian Steel on facebook. (if you're a Game of Thrones fan and want to collect swords and show replicas...there's nobody better. http://www.valyriansteel.com/shop/ ) They just tweeted...

"Assuming there is not a West coast port shutdown because of a labor strike, regular Oathkeeper and Jaime's Sword should ship in Mid-March."

So there may be some truth to the labor strike, and may very well be the culprit for some of these delays.

Last updated Feb 5th...

http://www.livingstonintl.com/alias/west-coast-port-labor-disputes-freight-updates/

Am I the only one who didn't get a shipping notice from Toys R Us for my 2 Lucario PayPal orders? I got the email saying that I submitted my order to TRU but I never got a notice of shipment. I'm starting to think I'm gonna get screwed over :( any others in this situation?

I paid via Paypal and did get a shipping notification. Sorry man. Call CS.

Top Bottom