• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Artificial shortage lol

This is such a mess that it can only be this. Nintendo creating higher demand for these Amiibos..

*straightens out tin foil hat*

It seems strange, and i'm not saying impossible, but I think it's just as likely that Nintendo is just bad at this game.

I mean, why would they leave money on the table to this degree? Only one making bank here is scalpers.

Fularu

Banned
Artificial shortage lol

This is such a mess that it can only be this. Nintendo creating higher demand for these Amiibos..

*straightens out tin foil hat*

The "artificial shortages" theory only works when there's a constant resupply of the retail chain.

There's none. Nintendo can't keep producing 30+ different versions of Amiibos, so they make them (some more than others) and then go on to the next wave. I doubt it has anything to do with artificially increasing the demand for those.

There is a slight chance of me acquiring a two shulks today. I could use a Rosalina or charge you cost plus shipping?

I don't have a Rosalina but the cost plus shipping would honestly make my day. Thank you <3

Also I am suffering from severe depression. I was sexually assaulted last year. My doctor for some reason thinks I have cancer and keeps testing it. My cousin committed suicide and everyone said I was never there for her when I tried my best but she ignored me. I'm getting a surgery in two weeks. One of my other cousins said she never wanted hang out with me because I was mean to her asking, "What are you going to do in life" and "how is life?" (I don't know how that's being mean but those are her exact words). All this depressed me to the point I almost took my life. amiibo, as strange as it may sound, was my only escape from reality. It took me back to the past, before any of this happened and I forgot about all this. But Nintendo created the worst fucking possible situation to even get any. Fuck this. I have nothing left in my shitty miserable life.

Fularu

Banned
FS still hasn't charged me for that 4am Rosalina pre-order. Hope I'm not out of luck.

Same, my order shows "out of stock" when I ordered within seconds of the link going online and after my order was complete, they still have over 100 more units available.

N° 2048

I don't have a Rosalina but the cost plus shipping would honestly make my day. Thank you <3

Also I am suffering from severe depression. I was sexually assaulted last year. My doctor for some reason thinks I have cancer and keeps testing it. My cousin committed suicide and everyone said I was never there for her when I tried my best but she ignored me. I'm getting a surgery in two weeks. One of my other cousins said she never wanted hang out with me because I was mean to her asking, "What are you going to do in life" and "how is life?" (I don't know how that's being mean but those are her exact words). All this depressed me to the point I almost took my life. amiibo, as strange as it may sound, was my only escape from reality. It took me back to the past, before any of this happened and I forgot about all this. But Nintendo created the worst fucking possible situation to even get any. Fuck this. I have nothing left in my shitty miserable life.

I live on my own but my little 10 year old brother still lives at home with my mom who is terminally ill. His escape is video games and he LOVES Megaman.

The only reason I want a Megaman is to keep the poor kid distracted...

Damn Amiibos...so emotional.
PM me if you ever want to talk dude.

lionpants

It's insane that even the exclusives are so limited. I was hoping that wouldn't be the case.

It does seem that NoA at least is a bit oblivious to the whole thing. That or they're trolling hard. Especially with their announcement of Shulk compatibility in Xenoblade 3DS.

More communication from them would make the situation a lot better even in it's current state.

kennyadr

Neo Member
Screenshot%202015-02-09%2012.07.25.png

Preordered day one and no megaman date

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
My Lucario came today. I originally only wanted the amiibos from Zelda, how did it get to this point.
Heh that's kind of how I started too. At first I had Link, Samus, and Mario pre ordered and I forgot to cancel them. They arrived and I thought they looked, so I decided I would pre order a few more and that would be it. Now it's become like this. :(

Once the Smash waves are done though, I will be as well.

Hopefully

So EB or wal Mart won't have mega man today?

It's best to call EB, Wal-Mart employees probably won't have a clue about what's going on.

Since most EBs can't even cover preorders, it'll be near impossible to nab a non-preordered one today unless someone cancels. The only wave 3 amiibo my EB has a couple extra of is Sheik.

Banned

It's all good. I suffer from generalized anxiety disorder but video games are my vice and this Amiibo hunting gets me to leave the house haha.

If I can acquire more then one I'll ship it to you.

I just decided today to purchase all amiibo's sealed with ikea ribba so I can make a wall of sealed amiibo's. It's gonna be hard to find another rosalina and fox. Samus is scarce here but I've seen her.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
EBgames just called to say they've received my Shulk! Woo-hoo!

...but I also received my bill for university fees, and I'm jobless and poor. Looking at the going price on eBay, I don't think keeping Shulk is "reasonable" in my situation...

Oh god, I'm turning into a scalper. Help me. ;__;

EBgames just called to say they've received my Shulk! Woo-hoo!

...but I also received my bill for university fees, and I'm jobless and poor. Looking at the going price on eBay, I don't think keeping Shulk is "reasonable" in my situation...

Oh god, I'm turning into a scalper. Help me. ;__;

Send it to me for your own good.

GtwoK

FUCK. Went to EB at sportsworld (Kitchener) to get my Shulk and hopefully a walk in Dedede, the guy in front of me got the 2 dededes. Quickly drove out to the Cambridge Center EB, guy in front of me there got the last 2 dededes. Drove out to the Fairview Mall EB guy in front of me THERE got the last 2 dededes. Now waiting the Delta EB cause they haven't got their shipment.

My luck fucking sucks :(

Banned
FUCK. Went to EB at sportsworld (Kitchener) to get my Shulk and hopefully a walk in Dedede, the guy in front of me got the 2 dededes. Quickly drove out to the Cambridge Center EB, guy in front of me there got the last 2 dededes. Drove out to the Fairview Mall EB guy in front of me THERE got the last 2 dededes. Now waiting the Delta EB cause they haven't got their shipment.

My luck fucking sucks :(
The guy in front of you is going to get the last two dededes.

Enilced2

Oh shit yes! Buddy of mine got me a shiek and a shulk! Now just need finding something to trade for a captain falcon hopefully and maybe find sonic and megaman

I'm feeling so down after running around EB Games because they said they'd have stuff. Wasted so much time and probably made a bad impression on my coop evaluator.

Sonic and Mega man on its way...
to the Purolator warehouse because my delivery man is an asshole

They were good with me for Bowser and Link but no one will be home for a couple of hours this afternoon so I have a bad feeling that they are going to end up at the warehouse.

I hate going to the Purolator warehouse. :/

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I was in line at the ebgames near king station downtown Toronto and heard people taking about gaf, who was it. Say Hi.
I was wearing a red hat and carrying a heavy as hell garbage bag. Heard the dude in front of me say he lurked. Hello if you see this.

beta_fuse

Well to my surprise, I got the shipping notification from EB for my Sonic and Mega Man and about 20 minutes later the box comes in. Those who got the email for shipment be ready to receive your orders soon!

They were good with me for Bowser and Link but no one will be home for a couple of hours this afternoon so I have a bad feeling that they are going to end up at the warehouse.

I hate going to the Purolator warehouse. :/
Where is that and when are they open until?

AzerPhire

Picked up my Sonic and Megaman at EB on my lunch. They didn't even get enough to cover pre-orders. The only amiibo they got in with extras for walk-ins was Sheik.

I was in line at the ebgames near king station downtown Toronto and heard people taking about gaf, who was it. Say Hi.
I was wearing a red hat and carrying a heavy as hell garbage bag. Heard the dude in front of me say he lurked. Hello if you see this.
So three GAFfers there. Interesting.

lionpants

Well to my surprise, I got the shipping notification from EB for my Sonic and Mega Man and about 20 minutes later the box comes in. Those who got the email for shipment be ready to receive your orders soon!
That's some hella fast shipping. :p

You're right though, the tracking numbers I got at lunch show Delivered. Their mail system must be delayed or something.

beta_fuse

I preordered mid December so I too am in the same boat.

I'm in the same boat (date-wise) but luckily my EBgames order of Mega Man and Sonic came in so I'm going to cancel my Amazon preorder. You can never be too careful when it comes to pre-ordering these things.

Or maybe I'll open the extras actually. Mega Man and Sonic are really cool.

I sort of checked out on Amiibo's since the end of December but have everything so far aside from Sonic (which should be en route soonish) and Mega Man (same Amazon.ca situation as others here).

I may wind up with an extra Shulk and possibly a couple others. Could be up for a trade once I figure out the gaps in my collection.

Any details on where/when Wave 4 orders pre-orders start? I kinda want to quit but may stick with the collection as I've got everything so far.

Lothars

I sort of checked out on Amiibo's since the end of December but have everything so far aside from Sonic (which should be en route soonish) and Mega Man (same Amazon.ca situation as others here).

I may wind up with an extra Shulk and possibly a couple others. Could be up for a trade once I figure out the gaps in my collection.

Any details on where/when Wave 4 orders pre-orders start? I kinda want to quit but may stick with the collection as I've got everything so far.
If you do have an extra shulk, I'd like to buy or trade it off of you.

Top Bottom