• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

evanmisha

Stopped be Target on the way home to ask about buying Amiibo signage. Said they didn't think their Nintendo rep would let them sell it but still took my name and number. Thanks for the heads up, whoever posted about that before

Kilvin

I have a friend that checked a few Wal-Marts in Montreal and they had nothing new. I'm pretty sure they are the slowest retailer to get their Amiibo stock.

You are correct.

However we were told Friday and that came and went with only Death by Backlog's store getting them in. We were then told to check Monday.

It seems they'll be there anytime, especially since one store in NW Ontario did get them.

beta_fuse

Buddy of mine stopped past one Walmart here in Edmonton and they had gotten they had told him 10 of all the wave 3s and some guy bought every single one

I doubt they got 10 Ikes and Dededes but regardless that sucks. I mean 2 wouldn't be the end f the world but all of them is really excessive.

Sora_N

EB shipped my MM and Sonic...didn't hear anything about my in store pickup for MM. Ordered 2 MMs, one to keep sealed.

Kilvin

Yep. At least EB seems to be implementing a one per customer policy now. I'm going to check my Walmart on my way home from work but that's not for 5 hours so who knows

I'll be doing the same, though I only have two and a half to go. Fingers crossed.

My "only EB Rosalina in the world" arrived today and I was able to pick up my Mega Man preorder at a physical EB at lunch (even though I never got a shipping notice or phone call). Really wish I had preordered Sonic when they were available now.

jqKZp0s.jpg

The EB had a good amount of Toon Link and Sheik amiibos for non-preorders and the Best Buy adjacent was overflowing with Bowsers.

GtwoK

PRAISE JESUS

While waiting around at EB for them to get their shipment in, I saw a post on reddit that Walmart in Mississauga got their shipment in. Quickly drive out to the closest Walmart, they were literally opening the boxes JUST as I got there. Got a dedede and Ike, someone on the phone had just called and put the other dedede, Ike and Rosalina on hold. HAPPY

Azf0xN5l.jpg

beta_fuse

PRAISE JESUS

While waiting around at EB for them to get their shipment in, I saw a post on reddit that Walmart in Mississauga got their shipment in. Quickly drive out to the closest Walmart, they were literally opening the boxes JUST as I got there. Got a dedede and Ike, someone on the phone had just called and put the other dedede, Ike and Rosalina on hold. HAPPY

Azf0xN5l.jpg

Wow nice find! I still need a Rosalina so I'm hoping I can luck out and find one at a Wal-Mart soon.

beta_fuse

Great haul on the Ike and DeDeDe!

But holy fuck, I'm going to miss them, aren't I? :(

I feel the same way man, if they are pulling out stock during the day I know for sure I will miss my chance. If they do it over night I can probably get there before work.

Also to make matters worse, before lunch the Wal-Mart website said that Ike and DDD were available in limited stock at my closest Wal-Mart yet when my friend went they weren't there. Now the site is saying no stock available so either they just put them out and I missed them or the site is just unreliable.

Aerocia

"Thank you for ordering the Rosalina amiibo figure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your order due to a technical error with our system. We understand the rarity of this item and are deeply sorry for any disappointment that this may have caused. Please note that your order will be cancelled and a refund will be issued. We’d like to offer you a coupon code that entitles you to 10% off your next order on EBGames.ca. Simply enter it at checkout to redeem your discount. "

Knew it. :(

"Thank you for ordering the Rosalina amiibo figure. Unfortunately, we will not be able to fulfill your order due to a technical error with our system. We understand the rarity of this item and are deeply sorry for any disappointment that this may have caused. Please note that your order will be cancelled and a refund will be issued. We’d like to offer you a coupon code that entitles you to 10% off your next order on EBGames.ca. Simply enter it at checkout to redeem your discount. "

Damn. :(

I am worried my Best Buy or Amazon orders will suffer the same fate.

Trade for a UK Rosalina went off without a hitch.

Not even going to bother with the crappy Walmarts here in Calgary. Would be less of a headache to import.

Sealtest

As we all expected the cancellations have started. Once best buy and futureshop starts sending these out people are gonna go beserk.

Thank god my friend who works at walmart let me know when his store got Rosalina's in and I got the only one

Sora_N

My "only EB Rosalina in the world" arrived today and I was able to pick up my Mega Man preorder at a physical EB at lunch (even though I never got a shipping notice or phone call). Really wish I had preordered Sonic when they were available now.

jqKZp0s.jpg

The EB had a good amount of Toon Link and Sheik amiibos for non-preorders and the Best Buy adjacent was overflowing with Bowsers.

PRAISE JESUS

Azf0xN5l.jpg

Congrats!

Kilvin

Was this from the cart trick?

mdubs

Banned
As we all expected the cancellations have started. Once best buy and futureshop starts sending these out people are gonna go beserk.

Thank god my friend who works at walmart let me know when his store got Rosalina's in and I got the only one
I believe in Future Shop. Especially since the west coast theory is still in effect for why only BC gaffers have gotten them so far

I believe in Future Shop. Especially since the west coast theory is still in effect for why only BC gaffers have gotten them so far

Yup.

I think we've had only two gaffers get their Rosalinas from BB/FS and they were both on the west coast.

Also, I believe FS/BB posted something about the fact that they were waiting for stock to come in on the east.

I called back my EB from yesterday and they ended up getting in some amiibos. No extras on Shulk/Megaman, etc., but it sounds like they may have a few Toon Links and Sheiks. Heading in to check in a bit.

ohlawd

Yup.

I think we've had only two gaffers get their Rosalinas from BB/FS and they were both on the west coast.

Also, I believe FS/BB posted something about the fact that they were waiting for stock to come in on the east.

only two of us got our FS Rosie cuz the rest of y'all live in Ontario >_>

Everyone here is so lucky, and I have none. :(

Wish my freaking dad let me get my driving license. -_-

It's honestly not an easy game to play at all... There's no good reason why it should be so tough to get these amiibo. Sometimes I dwell on the fact that Nintendo seriously bit off too much to chew. Shelf space, underestimating consumer want, and the fact that they're pushing out ~50 unique amiibo in Smash alone in a really short span of time

PRAISE JESUS

Azf0xN5l.jpg

Damn, you drove all the way to Mississauga from Kitchener to score a DDD, thats why I will never find some of the ones I want, Im not that dedicated to this.

Im going to try the Preston EB games after work even though Im not expecting anything.

CRA5H

In a crazy twist of events, Purolator actually delivered my orders...

The irony in this all is that the road conditions on my street were probably the worst all year. What the actual fu....

GtwoK

Damn, you drove all the way to Mississauga from Kitchener to score a DDD, thats why I will never find some of the ones I want, Im not that dedicated to this.

Im going to try the Preston EB games after work even though Im not expecting anything.

Naw, I just heard they were in Mississauga. I went to the one in Cambridge.

By Preston EB do you mean at the top of shantz or at the Delta? Shantz had nothing but bowsers, they sold out fast. Delta had lots seemed like. A lot of me games apparently as well.

Kilvin

Picked up toon link and sheik at eb games at Southgate mall in Edmonton. They had some sheik left. Not sure if they are the rare ones or not.

Sheik is kinda sorta, certainly not common.

Dedede and Ike right now are the rarest of the non exclusives. Megaman and Sonic are too early to tell but are looking like they'll be difficult.

So if I pre-ordered Mega Man and Sonic from BB, am I SOL? What's the deal with these two?

My Wal-Mart received nothing today.

My TRU received Link, Toon Link, and Sheik (10, apparently).

Stage On

Gosh darn it stupid Purolator left a notice in my mailbox today with out even bothering to knock on the door. I really could have used my super fighting Robot right about now after such a shitty week.

How long do they generally packages at the local pick up location for? I can't drive and my normal ride isn't in town so it's not exactly a place I can get to easily.

Sheik is kinda sorta, certainly not common.

Dedede and Ike right now are the rarest of the non exclusives. Megaman and Sonic are too early to tell but are looking like they'll be difficul.

Absolutely no mega man or sonic in stock. Those will be rare I think. Toon link I wanted for sure anyways.

Gosh darn it stupid Purolator left a notice in my mailbox today with out even bothering to knock on the door. I really could have used my super fighting Robot right about now after such a shitty week.

How long do they generally packages at the local pick up location for? I can't drive and my normal ride isn't in town so it's not exactly a place I can get to easily.

I think they are usually available the next day. Check the slip.

Yeah. Purolator depots are such a pain to get to for me.

Top Bottom