• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

RaidenXZ

Seriously if I was single I would ask this girl at eb games out. Shes the one who put Rosalina on hold for me.

Today she put Sheik and Shulk on hold for me and I called later to ask if she had Dedede and she said "I had a feeling you'd ask so I put him aside till 6pm for you when I leave work".

I owe her a coffee lol. And Walmart next to it has Ike in limited quantities apparently.

Wheres this mystical place located lmao

CRA5H

You guys think Sonic and Mega man are gonna be falcon/pit rare? I have those coming in and plan to use it for future trades if I can't get my hands on some of the next wave.

Renewed

Apparently this was the Yonge/Dundas Best Buy?

w9qljPD.jpg

Now I wish I still lived in the dorms. Geez...

Enilced2

Is a Shulk worth Falcon.... I know Falcon is the one I want more but between the two Falcons also the more likely to get a reprint

Lebon14

That French part of the title annoys me greatly. It should be "Discussion officielle des Amiibo au Canada".

To keep on topic, I hope I'll be able to find a Toad from the Super Mario line so I can unluck the stuff in Captain Toad when I get around to buy it.

Welp, frustrating story time.

I walked in to Wal-Mart just as they were opening a shipment of Amiibo.

Saw their off-duty receiving guy walk past me with a bag full of Amiibo.

Dug thru the box and only found Sheik, Bowser, and Toon Link. Looked at the manifest: 2x Rosaline, 2x Ike, 2x King Dedede. None of those in the box.

Meaning Wal-mart's off duty employee snagged all six of the rare Amiibo for their wave 3 shipment.

I'm livid.

Is calling management even worth it? Can they force him to return them?

Dug thru the box and only found Sheik, Bowser, and Toon Link. Looked at the manifest: 2x Rosaline, 2x Ike, 2x King Dedede. None of those in the box.

Meaning Wal-mart's off duty employee snagged all six of the rare Amiibo for their wave 3 shipment.

I'm livid.

Which Walmart is this?

jholmes

I'm livid.

It's a two-minute phone call. Why not? How else will this stuff get weeded out?

Banned
Update #2

I show up to the ebgames with coffee in hand to claim my DDD, Sheik and Shulk. She says "we were just talking about you, I have good news". She comes out the back with a fourth Amiibo that I asked about earlier but she said she didn't have. Apparently a guy preordered more then he wanted so she gave it to me. What you ask? A Sonic Amiibo.

My haul for the day is Sheik, Shulk, Dedede and Sonic thanks to her.

I haven't paid over retail price for any Amiibo yet :D

Kilvin

I'm livid.

Just terrible, no one even had a chance. Sorry man :(

If it makes you feel any better I had no luck at my Walmarts either, feeling really defeated as Dedede and Ike were my two most wanted.

jholmes

Update #2

I show up to the ebgames with coffee in hand to claim my DDD, Sheik and Shulk. She says "we were just talking about you, I have good news". She comes out the back with a fourth Amiibo that I asked about earlier but she said she didn't have. Apparently a guy preordered more then he wanted so she gave it to me. What you ask? A Sonic Amiibo.

Sorry dude, she's the one. This is a real problem for you I know.

Update #2

Have you asked for her number yet?

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Update #2

Dude, verb the adjective noun. She's into you...

RaidenXZ

Update #2

Man, i gotta find out where this place is. Sounds like heaven and sunshine and rainbows! Good job man!

It's a two-minute phone call. Why not? How else will this stuff get weeded out?

Well, just got off the phone with management.

I said there's no way this person needed to buy more than one each of the items unless he was going to resell them - how is it fair that he can purchase the entire stock before customers can even get their hands on them.

They're looking into it and they will call me back.

Ugh.

lionpants

The Ribba shelves arrived, but the amiibo are very tilted upwards when sitting on it. :(

How'd you guys with these shelves get them to not tilt as much? DeathByBacklog's didn't look nearly as tilted.

Also, they don't come with screws? Come onnnnn.

jholmes

Toys R Us just shipped my Lucario order! I guess throwing Kirby and Luigi in with it might have slowed it down but I didn't pay shipping and got them for like $5 per so whatever, I'm riding high.

Banned
Wheres this mystical place located lmao
It's EB Games North Queen across from Sherway Gardens in Etobicoke, Ontario and they're a cool bunch of people.

Sorry dude, she's the one. This is a real problem for you I know.
Naw, she would hold a reserve for anybody who called in asking for it I'm sure.
Have you asked for her number yet?
No because I have a girlfriend lol.
Dude, verb the adjective noun. She's into you...
I have no idea what you just said lol.
10k hit the retail jackpot
Indeed. But I might need to import or buy from scalpers unless nintendos promise to reprint wave 1 and wave 2 amiibos is true.

RaidenXZ

It's EB Games North Queen across from Sherway Gardens in Etobicoke, Ontario and they're a cool bunch of people.

Sherway Gardens ehhhh. Thats quite a drive for me from Vaughan. Oh well, I'll stick with these guys around here I guess lol

jholmes

Oh damn! I could get my amiibo hookups and then go get a pint at the Queensway Bier Markt.

I used to live right around there too. If only I'd known I wouldn't have moved away.

Great accidental haul today!

Apparently TRUs got another shipment in today, mine got 4 Lucarios, 4 Foxes and a ton of Shiek, Bowser and Toon Link.

I'm looking to trade this Lucario for either a Shulk, Pit or Ike (preferably in Montreal, I don't have a car so I can't get too far).

Top Bottom