• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

zroid

Banned
Rosalina FS pre-order update.

I placed my order pretty quickly when they went up at 4 in the morning last week, but I still hadn't received a shipping notification, so I decided to call.

The CS agent said the item as backordered and that I was on a list for when they receive their next shipment. Oh boy. Is that a bad sign??

from what we have surmised, pretty much everyone in Eastern Canada have theirs as "Backordered" for whatever reason (you can draw your own conclusions)

that CS response just seems like a generic answer so I wouldn't take it to heart

edit: should have refreshed, oh well :D

Stage On

*spends all night on ToysRUs website waiting for Lucario to go on sale*

*Goes to Winnipeg days later only to find 3 sitting on the shelf at ToyRUs on Regent Ave.*

YeP!

Well seeing as I can't freely move about at the moment to go to the store I'd be pretty happy to see one on the shelf next time I'm finally able to get to the local one.

Banned
I think some people here have found Lucarios in Toronto. If not, I'd be willing to trade one of mine.
I have nothing to trade. I actually open my amiibo's and use them and I'm building a custom shelf for them lol.

Lucario seems to be showing everywhere that isn't less then a 20 minute drive from toronto.

Weiss

Banned
Is dedede popular? A local store is showing stock of shiek and him.

Lucario is in all stores? Not store exclusive?

DeDeDe and Ike are probably going to be pretty tough to find later on. I'd say nab him when you can. Shiek will be easier to find.

Lucario is exclusive to Toys R Us.

So for stuff like Pit, Little Mac, Captain Falcon (I read these in the announcers voice, heh), am I SOL?

What's the cheapest way to get them? Any chance of a reprint?

N1XSySo.jpg

Walmart came through, got lucky and got there right when they got stocked, picked up these (which was all of them) and there was a ton of shiek and some toon link. No Mega Man or Sonic though :/ Hopefully Amazon will come through, mega man needs to get a delivery estimate.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
N1XSySo.jpg

Walmart came through, got lucky and got there right when they got stocked, picked up these (which was all of them) and there was a ton of shiek and some toon link. No Mega Man or Sonic though :/ Hopefully Amazon will come through, mega man needs to get a delivery estimate.

Ah super lucky! I want an Ike so bad. Which Walmart was this btw?

RaidenXZ

Lol CSR won't check back or boxes for me. She said that's all they have for Amiibos. So Kirby, Peach and Luigi. The shenanigans going on here. So much for ever seeing a rare one in person lol

i-Jest

good

now I just need all retailers in BC to get their shit together before I push their shit in for them

LOL. Geez ohlawd.

So for stuff like Pit, Little Mac, Captain Falcon (I read these in the announcers voice, heh), am I SOL?

What's the cheapest way to get them? Any chance of a reprint?

Don't see a reprint coming for these ones anytime soon. Maybe at the end of Smash series Amiibo. Nintendo's rumored to be looking into the shortage issue. I'd say import from Super UFO or Nippon Yasan if available.

N1XSySo.jpg

Common. Don't tease a young man. Do they have anymore Rosalina? Also, congrats on that jealous worthy haul.

Fularu

Banned
Don't see a reprint coming for these ones anytime soon. Maybe at the end of Smash series Amiibo. Nintendo's rumored to be looking into the shortage issue. I'd say import from Super UFO or Nippon Yasan if available..

Seeing how Little Mac is 90$ and Pit is 68$ on Nippon-Yassan, I would say "avoid".

mdubs

Banned
So my haul for today is Luigi, Kirby and Lucario from my Toysrus order and my two Foxes from the store. Good day!

Also the real question is when is 10k going to ask out this girl.

Fularu

Banned
So my haul for today is Luigi, Kirby and Lucario from my Toysrus order and my two Foxes from the store. Good day!

Also the real question is when is 10k going to ask out this girl.

While she seems to like him (you don't go out of your way in that fashion for someone unless there's something more) he's unfortunately (for her) not single.

Common. Don't tease a young man. Do they have anymore Rosalina? Also, congrats on that jealous worthy haul.

This was all they had other then toon link & Sheik. So im guessing smaller town walmarts are getting one Rosalina.

Clov

Fularu

Banned

evanmisha

Had 3 more Purolator shipments 'fail delivery' today after seeing the Purolator truck deliver a package to the church directly in front of my house. Called to complain and apparently the driver listed every package on my street as 'location inaccessible' despite our street being plowed.

...and it seems like instead of bringing them to the depot 10 minutes from my house, they brought them to a depot in the next town over.

YFvs8tY.jpg

Guess I better start buying some stands for these, anyone else running out of room for all their amiibo's?
I ran out of space on my amiibo shelf and only have room for 2 more on top of my game cabinet. I keep them in their boxes though so that could be part of the problem....The struggle is real.

I ran out of space on my amiibo shelf and only have room for 2 more on top of my game cabinet. I keep them in their boxes though so that could be part of the problem....The struggle is real.

I originally had mine with all my other figures but after all the time ive invested in finding the things I decided they had to be more prominently displayed haha

GtwoK

Damn. I love seeing the insane amount of work Nintendo put into some of these. Phone pic, but:

Sheik has such an amazing texture to each of the different fabrics of her outfit. That and she even has her other eye behind her hair. Like damn.

Only disappointing thing with Sheik is for whatever reason her bandages on all the ones I've seen are brown in colour, when in the artwork their very blatantly grey. What's up with that

Top Bottom