• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Well, I figure my chances of an Ike are next to none, so I'd offer to trade a Lucario or Sheik for one if anyone has an extra.

I'm in Brantford/Hamilton area, but can drive a bit if I need to.

mdubs

Banned
Just got back from Markville, thank you so much zroid for the picture. I picked up the last 2 Fox's that they had, I'd been really hoping to find a Fox so this is great! As the picture showed they have plenty of Sheik, Bowser and Toon Link, apparently they also had 8 Lucario arrive this morning. No other rares there. Went to EB afterwards and they also had those 3, it looks like Sheik will be relatively easy to find.

Do you mind parting with the Fox?

Check your PMs!

Just got back from Markville, thank you so much zroid for the picture. I picked up the last 2 Fox's that they had, I'd been really hoping to find a Fox so this is great! As the picture showed they have plenty of Sheik, Bowser and Toon Link, apparently they also had 8 Lucario arrive this morning. No other rares there. Went to EB afterwards and they also had those 3, it looks like Sheik will be relatively easy to find.

Check your PMs!
Markville apparently still has two Dedede and a Rosalina, but the guy kept denying it. :

explodet

Now I'm weighing the pros and cons of getting an Ike and Sheik for trading purposes in case I have trouble tracking down stuff from Wave 5/6.

Damn you all.

mdubs

Banned
Markville apparently still has two Dedede and a Rosalina, but the guy kept denying it. :

Checked pretty thoroughly about an hour ago, did not see any signs of that.

Now I'm weighing the pros and cons of getting an Ike and Sheik for trading purposes in case I have trouble tracking down stuff from Wave 5/6.

Damn you all.

Sheik is pretty plentiful atm, wouldn't bet on that being great trade bait

cmurph

Banned
My EB has like 10 Sheiks, 7 Toon Links and a bunch of Bowsers. I don't think any of those are particularly rare at the moment.

Weiss

Banned
Aw yiss, my two Lucarios showed up and I was able to pick up a Shiek at EB.

I grabbed those Lucarios solely for trading with you guys for some of the figures I haven't been able to find, so if anybody has any combo of the following, let me know if you want to trade for Lucario. Both are still sealed.

I'm willing to trade for:

Shulk
Mega Man
Ike
Meta Knight
Captain Falcon
Pit
Little Mac
Villager

I live in the Niagara Region, if that helps.

Just finished at Walmart and they were just unpacking some of their amiibo shipment now. The lady showed me a card that showed that they received two Ikes, two Dededes and two Rosalinas today but they had all been snatched up early on. They had a butt ton of Bowser and Toon Link as well as a couple of Shieks, so I picked up a Shiek as a consolation prize.

I'm sure everyone will be able to find a Sheik if they want one, but if you can't I basically have mine for trading, I'm not terribly attached to it.

espher

So back in December, I had this conversation with Gamestop live chat CS:

[...]
Ivor C.: is an order for Shulk amiibo Figure - GameStop Exclusive
espher: Correct. For three.
Ivor C.: this has international shipping and will be ship by usps
Ivor C.: once the item becomes available
espher: Okay, so it'll be shipped with USPS and not with UPS? Just to confirm?
Ivor C.: usps correct
espher: Perfect.
espher: That's absolutely what I wanted to hear. :)
espher: Thanks!
Ivor C.: Thank you so much for contacting Gamestop today.

I checked my shipping notification e-mail and it's got a UPS tracking number.

These fucking guys.

My girlfriend braved the freezing cold to amiibo hunt today for our collection. She's super proud she managed to find a Fox although she's still determined to track down Mega Man and Shulk.

Also, apperently every store had a ton of Sheik. As in 20-25 at Walmart for example.

CRA5H

Am I the only one who sees the similarities between Amiibos and Pokemon?

Gotta catch em all..
Rare ones in the wild..
Certain types can be exclusively found in specific locations..
Missing out on an ancient one that is no longer available makes you cry...
Only way to capture the rarest one is with a master ball (which costs a fortune.. Aka scalpers)...

Just saying.

Weiss

Banned
Kind of glad I wasn't able to grab a second Sheik for trading. Ended up opening mine and the figure is so awesome.

For that matter, I'm pretty glad my EB is enforcing a one per customer rule. I'll take a harder time trading in this thread over getting entire shipments getting picked up by scalpers.

zroid

Banned

Gotta catch em all..
Rare ones in the wild..
Only way to capture the rarest one is with a master ball (which costs a fortune.. Aka scalpers)...

Just saying.

random battles -> random release dates

Gotta catch em all..
Rare ones in the wild..

Just saying.

Agreed. However, I want to kick the scalpers or who buys 5 or 10 of the same figure at once in their master balls.

Rosalina FS pre-order update.

I placed my order pretty quickly when they went up at 4 in the morning last week, but I still hadn't received a shipping notification, so I decided to call.

The CS agent said the item as backordered and that I was on a list for when they receive their next shipment. Oh boy. Is that a bad sign??

lionpants

I placed my order pretty quickly when they went up at 4 in the morning last week, but I still hadn't received a shipping notification, so I decided to call.

The CS agent said the item as backordered and that I was on a list for when they receive their next shipment. Oh boy. Is that a bad sign??
We're probably all on The List.

Stage On

Depends on what coast your closer to. From the sound of things people out west already got theirs and people more east like Ontario like me have to wait for them to get to the Missasaga warehouse before they ship them out.

Depends on what coast your closer to. From the sound of things people out west already got theirs and people more east like Ontario like me have to wait for them to get to the Missasaga warehouse before they ship them out.

This gives me hope. I'm in Ontario. And he did mention something about waiting for the shipment to hit their Mississauga warehouse.

*spends all night on ToysRUs website waiting for Lucario to go on sale*

*Goes to Winnipeg days later only to find 3 sitting on the shelf at ToyRUs on Regent Ave.*

YeP!

Top Bottom