• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

GtwoK

Alright, so I've got an extra DDD, extra Ike, extra Shulk, extra Megaman, with an extra Rosa / Metaknight on the way. What are the chances I'm gonna be able to trade someone (anyone) for any of WFT / Villager / Marth, NA, in box? Is there a chance I'll be able to find someone to make a deal with? Or are people not ready to give up their MTVs yet :/. Not just talking about on Gaf (I kinda doubt anyone on Gaf, really), but on Kijiji or wherever.

Sora_N

Alright, so I've got an extra DDD, extra Ike, extra Shulk, extra Megaman, with an extra Rosa / Metaknight on the way. What are the chances I'm gonna be able to trade someone (anyone) for any of WFT / Villager / Marth, NA, in box? Is there a chance I'll be able to find someone to make a deal with? Or are people not ready to give up their MTVs yet :/. Not just talking about on Gaf (I kinda doubt anyone on Gaf, really), but on Kijiji or wherever.

Don't think anyone would trade Marth of Villager away honestly, but maybe you can find WFT.

Duran

What's the plan for those in BC tomorrow?

Gonna hit up EB and TRU. What time is it best to arrive usually for new shipments? 10, 10:30, 11?

GtwoK

Just wait it out for Marth... they did say there'd be another shipment soon

Yeah that's what I figured, so Marth isn't priority right now. Is there seriously no way to get an NA Villager anywhere though? :/ Without paying $60+ of course

ohlawd

What's the plan for those in BC tomorrow?

Gonna hit up EB and TRU. What time is it best to arrive usually for new shipments? 10, 10:30, 11?

I'll hit TRU, FS and BB at noon just because. I could go to TRU at 10 but FS and BB don't open until 11 and I don't wanna kill an hour.

Eh apparently Ike, DDD, Megaman and Sonic came up on TRU's site and sold out.

Damn it... Hopefully they get replenished. Still holding out hope to get an Ike somehow.

Also, oddly the Amiibo that were just put up say "TRU Exclusive" on their page. Weird mistake.

mdubs

Banned
Damn it... Hopefully they get replenished. Still holding out hope to get an Ike somehow.

Also, oddly the Amiibo that were just put up say "TRU Exclusive" on their page. Weird mistake.
Those listings have been up and I was checking the site all day, surprised if they finally went in stock just now and sold out.

I know it's not what you're looking for, but I will trade you currency for the DDD and the Shulk should nothing surface up =]

Duran

Does TRU stock overnight? I have a friend who wants to go at opening but I'm not sure if I should tell him to wait or not.

Sora_N

Does TRU stock overnight? I have a friend who wants to go at opening but I'm not sure if I should tell him to wait or not.

You mean the stores? No, they do overnight stock for Christmas season only but not for video game stuff at all anyway.

Not sure if anyone in the Waterloo area is interested, but fox is available at futurehop.ca for in-store pickup.

That's weird. I tried to pick up a Fox in Waterloo over the weekend that was "available for in-store pickup" at Future Shop, but when I made the reservation, they said it wasn't available. Then the site updated to say it was out of stock.

I called and they said they didn't actually have it...

PurolatorHelp

Neo Member
Purolator didn't even leave a slip for my amiibo delivery. Looks like I will only use EB as a last resort.

Hi DoctorWho,

I’m sorry to hear a notice wasn’t left for your shipment. The drivers should be leaving them if there’s a secure place to do so. If you can email the tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com, we’ll follow up on this.

Yeah it say's its available tomorrow but I'm worried about how long they are going to actually hold it for since I might not be able to get there for over a week :/

Hi Stage On,

Packages are held for 5 business days from the arrival date at the counter. If you can’t make it in to pick it up, you can email us at customer.care@purolator.com and we can send it back out for delivery.

...and it seems like instead of bringing them to the depot 10 minutes from my house, they brought them to a depot in the next town over.

Hi evanmisha,

Sorry for the disappointment. If you can send us the tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com, we can follow up with the local management team about the situation.

Thanks,

Jeremie
Social Media Coordinator / Customer Care Team

Purolator Inc.
Courriel: customer.care@purolator.com
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:
http://twitter.com/purolatorhelp

Hi DoctorWho,

I’m sorry to hear a notice wasn’t left for your shipment. The drivers should be leaving them if there’s a secure place to do so. If you can email the tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com, we’ll follow up on this.

Hi Stage On,

Packages are held for 5 business days from the arrival date at the counter. If you can’t make it in to pick it up, you can email us at customer.care@purolator.com and we can send it back out for delivery.

Hi evanmisha,

Sorry for the disappointment. If you can send us the tracking number to customer.care@purolator.com, we can follow up with the local management team about the situation.

Thanks,

Jeremie

Purolator Inc.
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:

Purolator Help. Directly on GAF. I already contacted them and will be picking mine up today.

thanks.

If anyone wants to trade a King Dedede, Meta Knight, Rosie or Fox for a Lucario, let me know, Im in GTA, Mississauga, Kitchener/Waterloo area.

Brofield

Mad props to Purolator for outstanding customer service.

I just got a call from EB with my Shulk pre-order finally arriving.

I was checking the TRU.ca website yesterday afternoon, and while they weren't shipping, they had "Order to Pickup" available. Typed in a postal code near me in the waste end of Toronto...nothing. West end...nothing.

Burnaby, BC nothing. Edmonton nothing. Saskatoon nothing.

Where the hell are these damn Lucarios? If anyone is looking to trade I have a spare Falcon mint in box (which I'll ship via Purolator <3)

Weiss

Banned
Mad props to Purolator for outstanding customer service.

I just got a call from EB with my Shulk pre-order finally arriving.

I was checking the TRU.ca website yesterday afternoon, and while they weren't shipping, they had "Order to Pickup" available. Typed in a postal code near me in the waste end of Toronto...nothing. West end...nothing.

Burnaby, BC nothing. Edmonton nothing. Saskatoon nothing.

Where the hell are these damn Lucarios? If anyone is looking to trade I have a spare Falcon mint in box (which I'll ship via Purolator <3)

I'd be down for it. I have two Lucarios sealed in their boxes.

Jeremie

Purolator Inc.
www.Purolator.com

Follow us on Twitter:

Consider me completely shocked that Puro is on this site. They've always been more reliable than UPS and Fedex for me so this is totally the extra mile in my book. I wish Amazon would use Purolator instead of defaulting to UPS.

end shippingGAF

Any luck finding Ike in the wild? My walmart got totally cleaned out I think, so I have no idea where to go next.

Consider me completely shocked that Puro is on this site. They've always been more reliable than UPS and Fedex for me so this is totally the extra mile in my book. I wish Amazon would use Purolator instead of defaulting to UPS.

end shippingGAF

Any luck finding Ike in the wild? My walmart got totally cleaned out I think, so I have no idea where to go next.

About to go do my daily walk to Tim hortons, but now its extended to Walmart. Not going to bother with Future Shop or EB Games today. Let you know if they have any new ones.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I can't tell if the Purolator account is real or not. Then again, I suppose he could just be searching for Purolator complaitns online and just following people. lol

Hedgey

Hey guys, quick idea.
I'm thinking of opening a website to help everyone get full waves of amiibos.
Basically Amazon Japan has a very large grace period for putting in pre-orders, but they also have awful shipping rates to Canada.
This would be just for Canadian orders. Was thinking of a competitive rate of about $20 per amiibo, plus shipping. One week standard shipping was about $6 for one, $10 for two. SAL would be a bit cheaper, maybe about half the price. The difference here is that pre-orders with amazon are really solid and easy to get.

The figures are exactly the same, but the packaging is different. It's in Japanese.
So unfortunately I don't think this interests collectors who want all the same packaging,
but rather those who actually just want the figures.

I've already set-up a service on facebook for friends of friends in Canada, and it worked out pretty well. Mostly people just wanting Marth though.

Let me know if this sounds like a good idea.
I can imagine the second-hand market for amiibos is pretty ridiculous with the falling dollar + stupid eBay fees so I basically just want to help out my fellow Canadians.

nE Edmonton Walmart has sheik, bowser, toon link, luigi, peach, pikachu, and Zelda. Any that stand out (rare) that I should get? Thinking of getting luigi

Edit. They have yoshi as well

beta_fuse

I just read of RFD that someone called Best Buy's CS and they said their Rosalina is on backorder until June 2nd. I'm never going to get her am I?

mdubs

Banned
Hey guys, quick idea.
I'm thinking of opening a website to help everyone get full waves of amiibos.
Basically Amazon Japan has a very large grace period for putting in pre-orders, but they also have awful shipping rates to Canada.
This would be just for Canadian orders. Was thinking of a competitive rate of about $20 per amiibo, plus shipping. One week standard shipping was about $6 for one, $10 for two. SAL would be a bit cheaper, maybe about half the price. The difference here is that pre-orders with amazon are really solid and easy to get.

The figures are exactly the same, but the packaging is different. It's in Japanese.
So unfortunately I don't think this interests collectors who want all the same packaging,
but rather those who actually just want the figures.

I've already set-up a service on facebook for friends of friends in Canada, and it worked out pretty well. Mostly people just wanting Marth though.

Let me know if this sounds like a good idea.
I can imagine the second-hand market for amiibos is pretty ridiculous with the falling dollar + stupid eBay fees so I basically just want to help out my fellow Canadians.

Woah Hedgey, it's been a while hope Arcademy is doing well. I don't think that Amazon Japan does shipping to Canada for amiibos, so you would have to use a shipping proxy which would make things significantly more expensive.

Hedgey

Woah Hedgey, it's been a while hope Arcademy is doing well. I don't think that Amazon Japan does shipping to Canada for amiibos, so you would have to use a shipping proxy which would make things significantly more expensive.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I am currently living in Tokyo. Everything gets to my house the day it releases and shipping to my place is free.
I'm here until the end of September and honestly I'm appalled at the things I've been hearing about the amiibo stock so I'd like to try and remedy that somehow for the people that actually love games.

Arcademy will be re-launching sometime this year, bigger and badder than ever before but I don't believe it will be just for Canada anymore, which is a bit of a bummer.

Top Bottom