• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Trying to get caught up on the thread.

Does anyone still need a Toon Link? I picked up a couple of extras because I remember people on here where looking for him. But with the new shipment I'm wondering if there's still a need. Let me know, otherwise I'll just take them back for a refund.

mdubs

Banned
Sorry, I forgot to mention I am currently living in Tokyo. Everything gets to my house the day it releases and shipping to my place is free.
I'm here until the end of September and honestly I'm appalled at the things I've been hearing about the amiibo stock so I'd like to try and remedy that somehow for the people that actually love games.

Arcademy will be re-launching sometime this year, bigger and badder than ever before but I don't believe it will be just for Canada anymore, which is a bit of a bummer.

I think it's a cool idea, I'm more in amiibos for collecting so I'll probably just take my chances with the NA versions but for people looking for the figures I think that would be really helpful.

Hey guys, quick idea.
I'm thinking of opening a website to help everyone get full waves of amiibos.
Basically Amazon Japan has a very large grace period for putting in pre-orders, but they also have awful shipping rates to Canada.
This would be just for Canadian orders. Was thinking of a competitive rate of about $20 per amiibo, plus shipping. One week standard shipping was about $6 for one, $10 for two. SAL would be a bit cheaper, maybe about half the price. The difference here is that pre-orders with amazon are really solid and easy to get.

The figures are exactly the same, but the packaging is different. It's in Japanese.
So unfortunately I don't think this interests collectors who want all the same packaging,
but rather those who actually just want the figures.

I've already set-up a service on facebook for friends of friends in Canada, and it worked out pretty well. Mostly people just wanting Marth though.

Let me know if this sounds like a good idea.
I can imagine the second-hand market for amiibos is pretty ridiculous with the falling dollar + stupid eBay fees so I basically just want to help out my fellow Canadians.

I'd probably be down for a couple. The store exclusive ones are only valuable in NA packaging, but there are some I doubt I'll be able to get here that I just want to use in Smash Bros.

I just read of RFD that someone called Best Buy's CS and they said their Rosalina is on backorder until June 2nd. I'm never going to get her am I?

Can't be true. If that's the case then neither FS or BB ever had stock to begin with. Only 2 gaffers here actually got her and they were both from the west coast.

The Ribba shelves arrived, but the amiibo are very tilted upwards when sitting on it. :(

How'd you guys with these shelves get them to not tilt as much? DeathByBacklog's didn't look nearly as tilted.

Also, they don't come with screws? Come onnnnn.

I'll post my response to you in the thread also, in case anyone else picked them up or are considering it.

Ribba Shelves From Ikea

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/40126069/#/30152596

ribba-picture-ledge-black__0085949_PE214154_S4.JPG

Yeah the packaged Amiibos do tilt up. When I installed those shelves in my son's room it was for his various action figures. He decided to use them for his collection instead (picked up another two shelves yesterday). The easiest solution would be to just got to a hardware store or lumber yard and get a strip of molding that is no thicker then 5/8's of an inch and no wider then 2 3/4". You just want to up that space from the surface to the top of the lip, then you'll be all set.

Hedgey

I'd probably be down for a couple. The store exclusive ones are only valuable in NA packaging, but there are some I doubt I'll be able to get here that I just want to use in Smash Bros.

Sounds good. The store exclusive amiibos are getting a bit pricey over here as well though, unfortunately. The only one I'd be able to get a hold of is Shulk likely, since he has yet to be released. He's available on Feb 19th along with Rockman and Sonic. I'm probably going to pick up a few since I know people will want him.

A new shipment on the Wave 3 amiibos is possible though. I'm constantly monitoring the amazon search page so I'll let everyone know on here if anything changes.

After that I would be dealing with the Wave 4 amiibos when the pre-orders go up.

I currently have a Facebook group to organize everything but I don't think I'd be able to post the link as I'm sure it's considered self-promotion. I'd really like to make an actual website though.

Sorry, I forgot to mention I am currently living in Tokyo. Everything gets to my house the day it releases and shipping to my place is free.
I'm here until the end of September and honestly I'm appalled at the things I've been hearing about the amiibo stock so I'd like to try and remedy that somehow for the people that actually love games.

Arcademy will be re-launching sometime this year, bigger and badder than ever before but I don't believe it will be just for Canada anymore, which is a bit of a bummer.

I would probably use this service - mostly to pick up an Ike and Marth!

I now have all of Wave 3 (NA packaging, all sealed, all in perfect condition both the box and the build/paint quality) except for Meta Knight. I had to get a replacement for King Dedede who was not in good shape with black marks all over him (the one directly on the front of his hat was very distracting), ditto Toon Link who had black marks on his face.

I got Shulk from a trade with a great Gafer here, which is en route and should be here Thursday or Friday.

Just need that damn Meta Knight shipping confirmation from Future Shop! Come on!!!

Their Twitter said that we would receive shipping confirmation early this week. Hopefully any day now!

Wave 3
ALMOST
Complete!

Damn man, if you start up a service like that then consider me one of your first customers! I want these amiibos for actual use so I don't even care all that much about the language on the packaging, so this sounds right up my alley.

I now have all of Wave 3 (NA packaging, all sealed, all in perfect condition both the box and the build/paint quality) except for Meta Knight. I had to get a replacement for King Dedede who was not in good shape with black marks all over him (the one directly on the front of his hat was very distracting), ditto Toon Link who had black marks on his face.

I got Shulk from a trade with a great Gafer here, which is en route and should be here Thursday or Friday.

Just need that damn Meta Knight shipping confirmation from Future Shop! Come on!!!

Their Twitter said that we would receive shipping confirmation early this week. Hopefully any day now!

Wave 3
ALMOST
Complete!

I'm really interested in seeing how you display your collection. You seem to have (almost) everything released so far.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Hey guys, quick idea.
I'm thinking of opening a website to help everyone get full waves of amiibos.
Basically Amazon Japan has a very large grace period for putting in pre-orders, but they also have awful shipping rates to Canada.
This would be just for Canadian orders. Was thinking of a competitive rate of about $20 per amiibo, plus shipping. One week standard shipping was about $6 for one, $10 for two. SAL would be a bit cheaper, maybe about half the price. The difference here is that pre-orders with amazon are really solid and easy to get.

The figures are exactly the same, but the packaging is different. It's in Japanese.
So unfortunately I don't think this interests collectors who want all the same packaging,
but rather those who actually just want the figures.

I've already set-up a service on facebook for friends of friends in Canada, and it worked out pretty well. Mostly people just wanting Marth though.

Let me know if this sounds like a good idea.
I can imagine the second-hand market for amiibos is pretty ridiculous with the falling dollar + stupid eBay fees so I basically just want to help out my fellow Canadians.
I would probably consider doing this for rarer amiibos, especially if there's more preorder shit to deal with. Wave 5 and 6 feel like it's going to be a bloodbath, if Wave 4 is any indication (and those haven't even gone up yet).

I'm close to having everything I want from Wave 3.

All I need is for that Rosalina preorder to budge on either Amazon or Best Buy.

Make it happen.

I'm close to having everything I want from Wave 3.

All I need is for that Rosalina preorder to budge on either Amazon or Best Buy.

Make it happen.

Do you think it's possible that these "exclusives" were nothing more then timed exclusives and that they intend to re-release them in June (June is the month a CSR told a gaffer they'd be getting them in again at FS).

Hedgey

I've sent a message to people who showed interest in HedgeyCo (patent pending)

Working with some buddies of mine to list a site of some sort off the ground so it's a bit more professional.

Working with some buddies of mine to list a site of some sort off the ground so it's a bit more professional.

I really like the name actually - fun and catchy. Am excited to see what you and your friends come up with for the site.

Hope to be a customer soon!

Hedgey

Just found some Dedede stock on the Yodobashi Camera website. Gonna order two of him.

EDIT: Scratch that, one per account.
Welp, least I'll have some stock.

Awesome. Will check it out when I'm on a long enough break from work to access facebook. Can't wait to see the results.

jholmes

So part of my Toys R Us order just came in. It was shipped by Purolator, and before I got to the door the guy yelled "Purolator!" I was worried it might be this Jeremie guy taking my comments the wrong way and coming to my front door.

I bought three amiibos but only Kirby came in this shipment, so I might be seeing a lot more of this guy this week. Maybe I'll ask him if he posts on GAF next time.

OMG DUFFERIN MALL WALMART GOT THEIR ROSALINA IKE AND DEDEDE IN YOOOOOOO

It's also highly likely that Sherway and Square One just got theirs as well.

Do you think it's possible that these "exclusives" were nothing more then timed exclusives and that they intend to re-release them in June (June is the month a CSR told a gaffer they'd be getting them in again at FS).

Honestly, I wish. I only want them to be more widely available, I wouldn't be mad at all if my exclusives were suddenly worthless if everyone could finally get the characters they want.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Darn, I want an Ike but can't get down there today. If you find an extra buy it for me please

Duran

I'm interested. Would be nice to easily get the more rare ones.

Sorry guys. It was up on amazon.com for like 15 minutes for 12.99. I only caught it on the tail end.

:(

For future reference, you CAN ship to Canada from amazon.com - it's just a little extra shipping cost, that's all.

EDIT: got the tip from Amiibo News on Twitter. So if you follow them, you may be able to catch the next one...

Sorry guys. It was up on amazon.com for like 15 minutes for 12.99. I only caught it on the tail end.

For future reference, you CAN ship to Canada from amazon.com - it's just a little extra shipping cost, that's all.

EDIT: got the tip from Amiibo News on Twitter. So if you follow them, you may be able to catch the next one...

Thanks for the heads up. I tend to avoid amazon.com as every time I try to order something from their, it tells me it can't ship to my address (in Edmonton).

beta_fuse

Keep an eye out on thesource.ca as they have listing for mega man, sonic, & Dee Dee. All of those say coming soon. Wish I can pre-order them but I can't.

All of wave 3 has said "coming soon" for the last week or so. Apparently CS doesn't have an approximate date either.

Some things. Not all. I've been blocked often trying to buy something on .com

Top Bottom