• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

So has anyone's pre-order for Sonic/Mega Man ship yet from Amazon.ca? I pre-ordered them a few months back, but they still haven't been sent out.

I'm getting kind of worried. :/

Online pre-orders for those two appear to be back ordered at every retailer. If you ordered it for instore pickup, many have been able to get theirs that way.

Sora_N

First time I've ever used BB's site.

Granted, this also happened with one of my Lucarios so I guess I should learn.

There's a few games you can preorder which probably won't come out due to being digital only or some other reason.

Or another trick is to preorder something else then once your fox ships call to cancel the other item. Lol

Weiss

Banned
There's a few games you can preorder which probably won't come out due to being digital only or some other reason.

Or another trick is to preorder something else then once your fox ships call to cancel the other item. Lol

I'll keep that in mind if I ever use Best Buy again. Little miffed about paying extra but it's about as much as I pay for gas to drive to the places that actually have these things.

Weiss

Banned
So a whole bunch of order shenanigans later, and I'm getting money back on the Diddy amiibo that never showed up, and ended up getting my second Lucario with free shipping. So that's pretty awesome.

Now to chastise myself for not ordering two in the same order in the first place.

Sora_N

So a whole bunch of order shenanigans later, and I'm getting money back on the Diddy amiibo that never showed up, and ended up getting my second Lucario with free shipping. So that's pretty awesome.

Now to chastise myself for not ordering two in the same order in the first place.

Wasn't Lucario one per customer? Would have been impossible.

evanmisha

Finally got my ebgames.ca Rosalina today from Purolator. Came in a box with 3 of those air bubble packing things. Box looked pristine.
...and I'm living on the razor's edge.

The Lucario from toysrus.ca however came in a little box with no additional packing and was considerably banged up. Paid full price for the shipping, too. Looks like my boyfriend's fared better, but his wasn't sent from depot to depot because of Purolator's incompetence, so I'll chock it up to that. Will be complaining.

Finally got my ebgames.ca Rosalina today from Purolator. Came in a box with 3 of those air bubble packing things. Box looked pristine.
...and I'm living on the razor's edge.

The Lucario from toysrus.ca however came in a little box with no additional packing and was considerably banged up. Paid full price for the shipping, too. Looks like my boyfriend's fared better, but his wasn't sent from depot to depot because of Purolator's incompetence, so I'll chock it up to that. Will be complaining.

Ugh. Not liking the sound of the ToysRUs shipping.

Weiss

Banned
Purolator came to my house to try and drop off the Diddy that I ordered, and since no one was home just took it back and I'm expected to go a on a goose chase for it. Screw that. All my other figures showed up in my mailbox.

I've been arriving for every Wave 3 shipment at my EB. Calling them a lot. But then I get there when the stock arrives and can choose from all the Mega Mans or Sonics etc to make sure I get a good quality one.

I am very particular hahaha

The District Manager even knows

Renewed

I guess Purolator and TRU are a YMMV kind of thing.

My TRU package of Kirby and FF Curtain Call arrived in a box just small enough but the right size to fit them and Kirby arrived in great condition. Also while I've only used Purolator twice (one not for an amiibo), both times were great.

Talked with my EB Games associate (who I usually see as well as the manager) and we were talking about the stock issues. Told me it's 1 per person (I think that was mentioned before here) from now on, which is great. But will that still stop people using different addresses? Geez.

Harusame

A shipment arrived at my Ebgames today and I was able to pick up my pre-order for Sonic and Megaman. However, I was too late on trying to get Shulk. They only received two and one of them was already pre-ordered, so by the time I got to the store, someone had already bought one.

With those two out of the way, all I am missing are Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, Villager and Shulk. Toad and Meta-knight are pre-ordered from Ebgames and Bestbuy, respectively.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
A shipment arrived at my Ebgames today and I was able to pick up my pre-order for Sonic and Megaman. However, I was too late on trying to get Shulk. They only received two and one of them was already pre-ordered, so by the time I got to the store, someone had already bought one.

With those two out of the way, all I am missing are Wii Fit Trainer, Marth, Villager and Shulk. Toad and Meta-knight are pre-ordered from Ebgames and Bestbuy, respectively.

How many Sonics and Megamans did they get?

Haines

Banned
Does anybody know the next good day to check stores for.shipments of new amiibo. Missed out on yesterday so only able to grab shirk today.

I don't do preorders cuz it would make me spend all the moneys and lack the fun for me.

GtwoK

HOLY FUCK THE HOLY TRINITY AVAILABLE FOR ORDER AT ARCHAMBAULT.CA GOGOGOGOGOGOGOGOG FAST

GOT ALL 3 W/ ORDER CONFIRMATION

Top Bottom