• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Stage On

Maybe I'm just exasperated because THAT day is coming up and it's impossible to ignore because of all the freaking adds feel like they are deliberately rubbing salt into the wound.

Then of course that's followed up with Family day which is the busiest day of the year at work for me, made all the worse this year by freaking being the opening weekend for the 50 shades of grey movie.

Either way it's been a shitty month so far, and this weekend is only going to be shittier so far. So it's really frustrating that at this rate I might not get Rosy for a whole other week at this rate

So in November, I had my opened Link amiibo that I tried in Smash and Mario Kart 8, and saw no point in it.

Last week, I was severely depressed, and constantly thinking of suicide. I bought a Samus amiibo since I thought it may look nice on my desk and one week later...

T6aqzH7.jpg

Also, I have a Pikachu in the Purolator centre, and a Fox on the way. Going to get Luigi, Peach and Diddy tomorrow.

I've been so preoccupied with trying to collect them all, and running around stores and whatnot, I haven't had time to sit down and think negative thoughts. I don't know if I particularly care about the amiibo itself but the game of trying to get them all is pretty engaging, fun and exciting. And I love this community very much.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
So in November, I had my opened Link amiibo that I tried in Smash and Mario Kart 8, and saw no point in it.

Last week, I was severely depressed, and constantly thinking of suicide. I bought a Samus amiibo since I thought it may look nice on my desk and one week later...

Also, I have a Pikachu in the Purolator centre, and a Fox on the way. Going to get Luigi, Peach and Diddy tomorrow.

I've been so preoccupied with trying to collect them all, and running around stores and whatnot, I haven't had time to sit down and think negative thoughts. I don't know if I particularly care about the amiibo itself but the game of trying to get them all is pretty engaging, fun and exciting. And I love this community very much.

you ok now boo? I'm worried.

you've been a great member to this community too, we love you as well!

Edit: You can always PM me if ever you ever have negative thoughts like that again. Leaving the door open.

i-Jest

Your a welcome part of this community bruh. In the immortal words of Hal Johnson and Joanne Mcleod. keep fit and have fun.

It has been terrific having you in this community! I'm sorry to hear that times have been tough lately. If you ever want people to talk to, GAF is great for that :]

MarkusRJR

My Villager Amiibo I paid way too much for was misdelivered or something. They gave me a key in my community mailbox which opened an empty box. What do I do? Fucking Canada Post.

I posted this over in the Canada thread not knowing this entire dedicated thread existed, but I was wondering if everyone had gotten their wave 3 amiibos, those who ordered from Amazon.ca. I ordered DeeDee, Ike and MegaMan and haven't gotten any of them. Just wanted to know if others had gotten there's and if not what steps you took with Amazon.ca

My Ike and Bowser showed up around the first without issue, but no Sonic or Megaman yet. Those were the only ones I had orders for.

So with nicknames, do you guys try to get creative with them, or just leave them alone.

I try to do something different with each Amiibo. Some of my favourites have been Happy Feet the DDD, Lunk the Ike, and Mr.M the little Mac.

Sora_N

So with nicknames, do you guys try to get creative with them, or just leave them alone.

I try to do something different with each Amiibo. Some of my favourites have been Happy Feet the DDD, Lunk the Ike, and Mr.M the little Mac.

My black Kirby is named GrassJelly lol

I need inspiration or names. I just named Rosalina waifu. I dunno. That may change hahaha.

My black Kirby is named GrassJelly lol

I need inspiration or names. I just named Rosalina waifu. I dunno. That may change hahaha.

I mean, not all of mine are gold. I also have Kirb, Chu, Weegee and Zeruda.

My rosalina was named Diamond, at least for now. Because rarity, and I assume that's the kind of ring Mariotehplumber has bought her.

This one is great too.

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-toys-games/c...de/1041144747?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Potentially needing to buy a new vehicle puts a huge damper on my continued Amiiboing...but I really want to finish the Fire Emblem set....

You really would think Nintendo would have learned to produce a shitload of Fire Emblem figures by now. But nope. We still get a bazillion Bowsers and nothing else.

I named my samus "dollie"(samus is the only one I opened). It's kinda of a joke between me and my friend. We call them dollies instead of amiibos. :p

RaidenXZ

Hey guys! So my Megaman and Sonic finally came :)
You guys think it's worth it to keep them boxed up in case of potential selling or trading, or should I just open them and forget about the rarity (for the record, the rest of mine are opened but my rarest I have is Captain Falcon)

Hey guys! So my Megaman and Sonic finally came :)
You guys think it's worth it to keep them boxed up in case of potential selling or trading, or should I just open them and forget about the rarity (for the record, the rest of mine are opened but my rarest I have is Captain Falcon)

Life is too short. open them up and enjoy them on your Wii U & 3DS games (in the future).

i-Jest

I cringe at the thought of people giving MariotehPlumber money

Reminds me of when I was waiting at TRU to get Lucario. Over heard some people comparing cost of the Amiibos they bought. Some dude told a girl he bought a Captain Falcon for $40. People can do whatever the hell they want with their money as long as they're not hurting anyone. I could care less generally speaking. In that instance I squinted and gave a puzzled look. Nintendo's ultra conservative with it's numbers, so less likely know Amiibo characters will have smaller numbers. Combine that with tens of people who go out of there way to buy up all the stock they can of these Amiibo to sell at a premium. Makes for a stressful hunt. I'm sure we all know that all to well. Now to add insult o injury you have people, blindly desperate people, who make the situation worse by purchasing Amiibo from these scalpers. What kind of message are you sending to them when you do this? That it's okay to hoard and sell these things for more than they're worth? I can sympathize with the feeling of desperation but as a consumer I draw the line where how much is to much.

We've gotta find a way to neutralize this scalping activity.

rant/

RaidenXZ

lmao thanks for the input guys! I opened them up as soon as I posted that comment regardless lol
Two of my child heroes (of video games of course). Going right next to the others :)

Spike

Just wanted to say that the EB Games at Trinity Commons Mall in Brampton had 2 Fox figures when I passed by just before closing. Just doing a little shopping at the Metro there, and my little brother wanted to look.

Can anyone please help me out with a Rosalina?

Sora_N

Just wanted to say that the EB Games at Trinity Commons Mall in Brampton had 2 Fox figures when I passed by just before closing. Just doing a little shopping at the Metro there, and my little brother wanted to look.

Can anyone please help me out with a Rosalina?

When You said Trinity thought you meant the holy trinity of Amiibo lol

i-Jest

http://www.etdestinationstore.com/default.asp

anybody know If they're legit? Google has them as the second listing when you type the UPC of amiibo's like WFT and Marth. I have in my cart Pit, Captain Falcon, Little Mac and the Holy Trinity. Haven't checked out though.

If memory serves I believe people were using the site to order wave 1 and 2 Amiibos, especially the trinity, last year. I think they did a massive number of cancellations because they couldn't keep up with demand.

Kilvin

Well we love having you here, you've been a great addition to the community.

Stay strong.

On the topic of amiibo names, I've only used two so far but my naming motif is trying to incorporate the word "amiibo" into the name somehow:

Mario = Mariibo
Mega Man = Mega Miibo

I'm looking to get Sonic and Pac-Man as well. Sonic's harder, so I'm going to name him Blonic, but Pac-Man will probably be something like Pac-Miibo.

Ok update on my end.

- That French site cancelled my order. Or atleast I believe they did. The email was in French.

- FF and BB both informed me that the Mario vs. Donkey Kong and Let It Die pre-orders are just awaiting their release dates (no word regarding Rosie)

- And Lucario from TRU showed up. Box was big enough to hold a couple. There was no filler in it so it was bouncing around in there. It's in relatively minty package though, amazingly.

LAA

Well I would usually try and incorporate a "LAA" into a nickname usually, but for amiibos, I've tried to be different and think of sorta "funny" takes/references of their names/series they come from. Some of the better ones that come to the top of my head are:

Samus - Metrobot
Luigi - Wiigii
Link - Twilink
Toon Link - Celink
Marth - Darth Marth
Bowser - Bow-Wowser
Fox - FoxHound (Theres seriously a lot of MGS related nicknames I can think of for fox)
Yoshi - Koopasaur

lionpants

Speaking of Version 1 Link...

I setup those Ikea shelves yesterday and put all my Amiibos on them. Once they were all side by side I noticed that Link's box backing is significantly shorter than the other boxes. Is this the case for anyone else?

Edit: Planning on posting a picture once I get Rosalina and Meta Knight.

Checking on my FS and BB orders for Rosie...

FS now has her listed as In Stock when I check the order.

BB still has her listed as Out of Stock

There's a pending charge on my cc from FS. Nothing from BB however.

Top Bottom