• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Speaking of Version 1 Link...

I setup those Ikea shelves yesterday and put all my Amiibos on them. Once they were all side by side I noticed that Link's box backing is significantly shorter than the other boxes. Is this the case for anyone else?

Edit: Planning on posting a picture once I get Rosalina and Meta Knight.

The quality control on that first wave of figures was kind of all over the place. I remember the big concern with that wave was ensure you actually had one with the bubble attached to the card. I checked my son's Link. The size of the card is the same as the rest.

lionpants

The quality control on that first wave of figures was kind of all over the place. I remember the big concern with that wave was ensure you actually had one with the bubble attached to the card. I checked my son's Link. The size of the card is the same as the rest.
Bubble attached?

N° 2048

Probably going to cancel my Rosalina order from FS. Hasn't moved, still says Out of Stock.

Can't support this type of nonsense anymore from Nintendo.

Probably going to cancel my Rosalina order from FS. Hasn't moved, still says Out of Stock.

Can't support this type of nonsense anymore from Nintendo.

You no longer want it? Trying to understand why you would want to cancel it. So long as the order hasn't been cancelled on you, there's a chance for it to be filled. At the very least, even if you don't want it, you could EASILY flip it to a fellow boardie or use it as trade bait.

N° 2048

You no longer want it? Trying to understand why you would want to cancel it. So long as the order hasn't been cancelled on you, there's a chance for it to be filled. At the very least, even if you don't want it, you could EASILY flip it to a fellow boardie or use it as trade bait.

It's just too much for me. All I wanted was to buy two figures (Megaman and Rosalina).

For Megman, it's basically impossible (I appreciate the offer "evanmisha" but it shouldn't come to that) and for Rosalina they made me place an order @ 4am.

Why can't I just walk into a store and find them? Pretty ridiculous for $13.99 figures.

Your not in Toronto are you?

I am.

It's just too much for me. All I wanted was to buy two figures (Megaman and Rosalina).

For Megman, it's basically impossible (I appreciate the offer "evanmisha" but it shouldn't come to that) and for Rosalina they made me place an order @ 4am.

Why can't I just walk into a store and find them? Pretty ridiculous for $13.99 figures.

Hey, be thankful you weren't wanting a Lucario.

Hey, be thankful you weren't wanting a Lucario.

If I don't get charged by FS I will soon offer something like Lucario and King Dedede for NA Rosalina. I lucked out a lot recently on Amiibo I only bought to trade for Rosie.

I will be so pissed if I get a cancelation, had a problem with one item in my cart which made me buy Rosie a minute later. Might be what will cost me to fall after the cut-off if there's one...

Why do they keep showing Link with a grey pin to hold him? Did they change it from the ugly yellow one? If so I need to buy a new one.

Pretty sure it's just lazy promo, but I want to be sure

Here. An alternative to the Sonic Amiibo...

http://www.first4figures.com/component/option,com_myphp/Itemid,3/product,132

vertical.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I remember paying around $90 for the F4F Skull Kid years ago and thinking 'man' this is the most expensive figure I'll ever own. Now it seems like quite a value.

bsZnPPw.jpg

First4Figures makes great stuff, I have a couple of pieces by them but they can get pricey.

Oh yeah. That one there is the Limited Edition one with the lit flame coming out of the back. $330. But they're always limited. The regular version has 1000 total. While the Limited Edition has 425 (really wonder how they come up with these numbers).

I remember paying around $90 for the F4F Skull Kid years ago and thinking 'man' this is the most expensive figure I'll ever own. Now it seems like quite a value.

bsZnPPw.jpg

How tall is that? Looks quite nice.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Latest futureshop tweet is "#amiibo update! For those lucky few who got a #rosalina or #metaknight #amiibo pre-order, we will start sending these to you today!"

So some of you should be getting something soon.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Oh yeah. That one there is the Limited Edition one with the lit flame coming out of the back. $330. But they're always limited. The regular version has 1000 total. While the Limited Edition has 425 (really wonder how they come up with these numbers).

How tall is that? Looks quite nice.

Bottom of the base to tip of the Skull Kid's hat is 10".

Yep, it's super nice. My favourite piece of video game memorabilia.

udiie

i dont post here at all, but heres some advice for today
provided theyre not sold out already, western canada walmarts shouldve gotten approximately 2 of rosalina, king dedede and ike in today. as well as a slew of toon link, sheik, bowser
if you call around, you might be able to get an employee to hold one for you. dont be afraid to ask nicely for the employee to check the back stock room if possible.
proof:

hupla

Yay I knew futureshop would come through! Now once they get MEgaman in i am done for wave 3! Bring on Smash wave 4 preorders!!!!

beta_fuse

WOW I was just about to come here all pissed saying I'm never going to get a Rosalina (went to so many Wal-Marts and just can't find one) but this has made me feel better. Here's hoping I get that shipment notice soon.

Actually just saw my order and item still says "Out of Stock". For those who got their Rosalina, do you remember it saying that before it shipped?

GtwoK

I just got an offer of WFT for my Shulk. Doesn that seem like a fair enough trade? I'm still desperately looking for Villager / Marth, would Shulk better be used towards one of them?

Also, what are my options for getting an NA Villager now? Everyone says not to buy from scalpers, but I'm seeing literally no other options :(. No one anywhere wants to trade their Villagers. I've got all of Wave 3 for trade though. I'd seriously do anything.

I just got an offer of WFT for my Shulk. Doesn that seem like a fair enough trade? I'm still desperately looking for Villager / Marth, would Shulk better be used towards one of them?

Also, what are my options for getting an NA Villager now? Everyone says not to buy from scalpers, but I'm seeing literally no other options :(. No one anywhere wants to trade their Villagers. I've got all of Wave 3 for trade though. I'd seriously do anything.

Out of the Trinity I think WFT is the cheapest to get from the scalping scene. I would hold my Shulk for someone difficult to find. Maybe not Marth if rumors of a re print are true.

I wouldn't trade exclusives for non-exclusives

but that's me

This is a good point as well.

Sheik seems to have disappeared as quickly as she flooded the shelves. I didn't see her anywhere today around Yonge and Eglinton.

Lots of Toon Links though and the Yonge and Eglinton Toys R Us had a Samus in.

I checked shipping on yours just this morning. Should be in by Friday it says.

Marth's getting a reprint. So I wouldn't use it on that.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So I managed to get a Shulk, and I tried putting it on Kijji to see what would happen... Not even 1 day later, someone already offered $60 + a Captain Falcon for it. Hmmm...

GtwoK

So I managed to get a Shulk, and I tried putting it on Kijji to see what would happen... Not even 1 day later, someone already offered $60 + a Captain Falcon for it. Hmmm...

Holy damn

How much were you asking for it? Not in need of one, just curious.

I wouldn't trade exclusives for non-exclusives

but that's me

All anyone ever wants for the trinity are exclusives :/

Picked up samus/metroid, donkey kong, and fox. Heading to Walmart now.

If you want fox and in Edmonton, check out Edmonton centre mall eb games. They just got some in when I was there.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Holy damn

How much were you asking for it? Not in need of one, just curious.

Ahah. I don't know if I should be ashamed, but I tried putting it at $100 to see what would happen. I honestly didn't expect any answer.

Top Bottom