• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

I have no idea what the scene is for Amiibo, but I just walked into my EB and they have Link, Pikachu, Toon Link, DK, Diddy Kong, Sheik and Mario. Any worth grabbing or any that someone needs?

All common at this point. First version Link was looking scarce for a bit but a new batch went out with wave 3 just recently.

Out of stock.

Edit: Wait, lol, didn't we create this thread because people complained about amiibo discussion in the Canadian deals thread, and now we have non-amiibo discussion in this thread? Lol, I genuinely don't care, but I just thought it was funny.

I have no idea what the scene is for Amiibo, but I just walked into my EB and they have Link, Pikachu, Toon Link, DK, Diddy Kong, Sheik and Mario. Any worth grabbing or any that someone needs?

Link, Toon Link, and Sheik are harder to come by than the others, so they're not in the immediate, impulse-purchase domain. They're all worth grabbing, if you have interest in amiibo :p

And Then I Was Wondering...

How long before retailers start forcing people to buy short-pack figures or exclusives with regular, common, peg warming figures? This will help them move stock. Would also deter people from picking up figures they have no intention on keeping.

"You want a Shulk. Yeah sure. Here, you need to buy this Peach figure with it."

lionpants

bFp2RBv.jpg

Here's a picture of my link compared to toon link. I guess the cardboard is the same height, but the bubble is larger and slightly raised.

Out of stock.

Edit: Wait, lol, didn't we create this thread because people complained about amiibo discussion in the Canadian deals thread, and now we have non-amiibo discussion in this thread? Lol, I genuinely don't care, but I just thought it was funny.

People in the deals thread got tired of Amiibo talk. But the simple fact was...there were little to no deals to talk about. Amiibo talk will be the majority of this thread. I see no problem with discussing things off topic when the chances pop up.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
People in the deals thread got tired of Amiibo talk. But the simple fact was...there were little to no deals to talk about. Amiibo talk will be the majority of this thread. I see no problem with discussing things off topic when the chances pop up.
Even with the Amiibros™ leaving the thread, most of the talk still hasn't revolved around deals. Top lels.

Even with the Amiibros™ leaving the thread, most of the talk still hasn't revolved around deals. Top lels.

I get tempted every now and again to say..."Shouldn't you create a new thread for (insert new discussion topic) since it's overtaking the deals thread?" I've held off though. I think most of the people complaining, weren't even offering deals to discuss. Just there to scoop up the deals that others would find.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
I get tempted every now and again to say..."Shouldn't you create a new thread for (insert new discussion topic) since it's overtaking the deals thread?" I've held off though. I think most of the people complaining, weren't even offering deals to discuss. Just there to scoop up the deals that others would find.
I know the feeling. >)

Dumb question, since I'm not at all up to date on Amiibos:

Has Mega Man launched yet? He's one of the few that I legitimately want.

It's not "launch" so much as "pop up randomly on occasion if the stars align" at this point. I've had the Mega Man I preordered with ship to store a while back since Monday but can't find a Sonic anywhere. There's talk of some more "launching" on Friday, but I'm not holding my breath.

zroid

Banned

Those are the same people who complain about shipping talk and everything else.

They aren't actually interested in participating in any discussion, despite it explicitly being a discussion thread

CRA5H

I'm losing more faith in amazon fulfilling my Rosalina order. if any CanadAmiibro in the GTA has an extra one to sell, let me know. I have mega man and sonic coming in for trade as well.

evanmisha

I remember being able to ascertain a local EB Games' store ID number from the Store Locator, but I can't seem to find that information anymore. I've got a receipt from the EB in question, though... Does anyone know where that number is? I'd call and ask but their phone has been giving me busy signals for the past hour. Help, AmiibroGAF

Top Bottom