• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

All I want to say is fuck Canada Post

Useless fuckers who are lazy and cut corners for their own convenience.

I hope they continue to die the painful death they are on.

CRA5H

All I want to say is fuck Canada Post

Useless fuckers who are lazy and cut corners for their own convenience.

I hope they continue to die the painful death they are on.
So weird.. CP is my most reliable delivery service. Purolator and UPS on the other hand..

zroid

Banned
Rosalina still hasn't processed at "local delivery facility" so hopes of getting it today are sinking fast :(

well at least it's still Thursday, usually in these situations I'd be waiting till after the weekend if it didn't get delivered the next day

Banned
I went from 1 to 25 amiibo in literally one week. What the fuck.

giphy.gif

i-Jest

So here's a question. What Link are people suppose to use with Future Zelda games (assuming there's amiibo funtionality). Toon Link, or Regular Link?

That open world Zelda game will probably have its own amiibo figure series. With that said either version of Link will suffice me thinks.

Trying to decide if I should keep one of these extra Toon Links I picked up or return it. I can totally see my son wanting an opened Link to use with other games (surprised he hasn't mentioned it yet for Hyrule Warriors). Functionality in Smash is fairly limited. But if they start unlocking other parts of games (similar to how Skylanders did it), then having some available to play with, becomes essential.

Still ticked at Nintendo and their Tin Foil Of Doom!!! Seriously. Why not allow your customers the ability to keep the figures in package, while still allowing the figures to be functional while doing so?

Begbie

Still ticked at Nintendo and their Tin Foil Of Doom!!! Seriously. Why not allow your customers the ability to keep the figures in package, while still allowing the figures to be functional while doing so?

I believe to avoid people unlocking content in games and then returning the amiibos

mdubs

Banned
Purolator and Canada Post are the same company, and both are crown corporations.

#BlameHarper

Harper is the one who wants to get rid of Canada post :p #thankharper

I actually think Canada Post does a pretty good job, have had no problems and I have packages constantly coming from them.

evanmisha

I love Canada Post but my friends' Rosalinas from FS/BB are all listed as Do Not Safe Drop. Also despite being in the same town only some made it out for delivery today while some will more than likely make it tomorrow.

Harper is the one who wants to get rid of Canada post :p #thankharper

I actually think Canada Post does a pretty good job, have had no problems and I have packages constantly coming from them.

They didn't bother attempting delivery or leaving a fucking card.

Tracking said out for delivery at 8:11am and then delivery attempt at 8:12am. Yeah right.

I called and they even said that no card was created and were confused as to why it looks like they basically skipped it. They said a few packages in my area appeared like this today.

She apologized and basically said it looks like the delivery person decided to skip the area and send it directly to the post office for pick up.

Lazy fuckers.

beta_fuse

They didn't bother attempting delivery or leaving a fucking card.

Tracking said out for delivery at 8:11am and then delivery attempt at 8:12am. Yeah right.

I called and they even said that no card was created and were confused as to why it looks like they basically skipped it. They said a few packages in my area appeared like this today.

She apologized and basically said it looks like the delivery person decided to skip the area and send it directly to the post office for pick up.

Lazy fuckers.

I can understand why you're pissed with experiences like that, but I personally never had any problems with them, in fact I think they do a pretty good job when it comes to my deliveries. Here's hoping they do a better job for you in the future.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
At least with Canada Post, shitty as they are at delivery attempts in my area, I can swing by the post office that's only a five minute walk away. If Purolator screws up, I either have to take transit 20km to pick it up, or request they attempt a delivery again with a good chance of not making it.

zroid

Banned
this is why the community mailboxes are great

never have to worry about any of that stuff, unless the package is really gigantic

At least with Canada Post, shitty as they are at delivery attempts in my area, I can swing by the post office that's only a five minute walk away. If Purolator screws up, I either have to take transit 20km to pick it up, or request they attempt a delivery again with a good chance of not making it.

That's basically the same thing for me.

They haven't been too bad with delivery. Especially when I get the evening service for packages. I don't receive them until 8pm sometimes but they usually make an attempt in the evening.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
That's basically the same thing for me.

They haven't been too bad with delivery. Especially when I get the evening service for packages. I don't receive them until 8pm sometimes but they usually make an attempt in the evening.

I guess I am cursed with the late morning delivery drivers that figure I won't be home. I've resorted to leaving a big fat note taped to the mailbox in the lobby, which usually seems to do the trick for any delivery person.

this is why the community mailboxes are great

never have to worry about any of that stuff, unless the package is really gigantic

I have a community mailbox...

The card wasn't even left in my mailbox there.

They didn't even come to my entire neighbourhood! They skipped it and sent eveything straight to the post office.

Anyone heard anything about Rosalina order's from amazon.ca?

No news from them yet? Really? They were the first to put it up for sale. Though there was that confusion with ordering wasn't there? Something about it being out of stock yet still allowing people to add to cart.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I have a community mailbox...

The card wasn't even left in my mailbox there.

They didn't even come to my entire neighbourhood! They skipped it and sent eveything straight to the post office.

I had that occur to me with Canada Post a bit before Christmas. I only knew the package was at the post office because I checked online. I wonder how many people don't receive their slip and then have no idea their package is ready because they don't have a TN, or check online.

When I mentioned it to the post office clerk she said 'it's a very busy time of year' as the reason why no slip was left.

Purolator didn't leave me a slip this week. It's not been much of a problem since I was expecting the package and checking online for shipment info.

I had that occur to me with Canada Post a bit before Christmas. I only knew the package was at the post office because I checked online. I wonder how many people don't receive their slip and then have no idea their package is ready because they don't have a TN, or check online.

When I mentioned it to the post office clerk she said 'it's a very busy time of year' as the reason why no slip was left.

It's ridiculous, and has happened to me (not during christmas either). I only found out when I got a "Final Notice" card. I mean, what? I didn't even get my first notice you jackasses.

The problem though, is that they practically have no competition. As long as they do better than UPS (and that's not a high bar), then nobody will stop using them. They're superior in price and in..."service". UPS is best when/at dropping parcels at your doorstep and ringing your doorbell like a bag of flaming dog shit lol.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
It's ridiculous, and has happened to me (not during christmas either). I only found out when I got a "Final Notice" card. I mean, what? I didn't even get my first notice you jackasses..

Purolator does this to my friend. He has never seen the driver and has never had a delivery attempted. But whenever he gets a delivery slip, it's always 'attempted delivery 3 times, come pick it up, or it's being returned'. Always. Without fail. Even my guy isn't that bad.

Renewed

At the time of this post, 11 Sonic and 13 Megaman. Man this is DIRE.

Edit: Stock keeps fluctuating. They got more Megamans in at FS and Sonic is at 3, then 11. So I'll assume they'll put more up but then it'll all be over soon.

I keep seeing news of community mailboxes being broken into, which concerns me as home delivery is being phased out. Going to have to go paperless.

For packages I get them shipped to my office; never fails.

EDIT: Sonic and Mega Man all gone.

Top Bottom