• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

CRA5H

I'm out! Sold my collection of 25 amiibos for $375! Basically retail price for all of them. Someone got a hell of a deal, considering all the rare ones in there.

I loved the figures, but super disappointed in the functionality aspect, and the stress of getting them was much more than it was worth. Good, clean break. Now I can stop giving a fuck haha.

Good luck, Canada amiibo-Gaf!
oh wow! were they NiB or opened?

CRA5H

Now I feel like selling my opened collection.. I have 25 as well. Wave 1 and 2 are all opened while wave 3 is still boxed. adds up to 395.22... holy shit that added up quick.

oh wow! were they NiB or opened?

Mine were all opened. I probably could have gotten more if i sold some of the rare ones piecemeal, but that sounded much too stressful. I just wanted to make most of my money back (lost about $50, which I can live with).

Mine were all opened. I probably could have gotten more if i sold some of the rare ones piecemeal, but that sounded much too stressful. I just wanted to make most of my money back (lost about $50, which I can live with).

To be honest I have been considering doing what you did. This brings me more stress than needed during a semester that is already driving me crazy. I am on the verge, like if my Rosalina box is bent I am done! Haha!

Ok...shipping notice just received for MM3dsxl from FS

Megaman update from Amazon...
"Mega Man amiibo - Wii U Super Smash Bros. Series Edition"
Estimated arrival date: February 24, 2015 - March 05, 2015

Going to be interesting to see where I get Megaman and Sonic from first. Amazon, or FS.

oneran

Anyone get a Meta Knight shipping confirmation or charge from Future Shop yet?

Seems they are prioritizing the New 3DS XLs and MM LEs.

My bestbuy order still says Release Date: 02/28/2015, and no charge. I also have an ike and DDD on a separate order that have the same release date.

Shakes magic eightball: Outlook not so good

I'm out! Sold my collection of 25 amiibos for $375! Basically retail price for all of them. Someone got a hell of a deal, considering all the rare ones in there.

I loved the figures, but super disappointed in the functionality aspect, and the stress of getting them was much more than it was worth. Good, clean break. Now I can stop giving a fuck haha.

Good luck, Canada amiibo-Gaf!
giphy.gif

To be honest I have been considering doing what you did. This brings me more stress than needed during a semester that is already driving me crazy. I am on the verge, like if my Rosalina box is bent I am done! Haha!

Weighing the pros and cons of amiibos almost made me sick to my stomach, haha. Over $400, and a ton of time refreshing search results spent, and I had literally used them to game not one time. Plus it looks to never end, at least for the future. Besides, I have almost zero confidence these will retain value from a collector's standpoint. They are too tied to the Wii U and this point in time, they're just as much game trinkets as they are collectable figures. Skylanders had their time as super rare collectibles, and that too has passed.

The only pro was "...they look cool on my shelf?"

Banned
Apparently Walmarts site lies. Said they had stock of Ike at my local one. Went there and the csr said they were either stolen or the site hasn't been updated yet.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Apparently Walmarts site lies. Said they had stock of Ike at my local one. Went there and the csr said they were either stolen or the site hasn't been updated yet.
None of the online stock checkers are real-time so they're useless.

tiijj

Weighing the pros and cons of amiibos almost made me sick to my stomach, haha. Over $400, and a ton of time refreshing search results spent, and I had literally used them to game not one time. Plus it looks to never end, at least for the future. Besides, I have almost zero confidence these will retain value from a collector's standpoint. They are too tied to the Wii U and this point in time, they're just as much game trinkets as they are collectable figures. Skylanders had their time as super rare collectibles, and that too has passed.

The only pro was "...they look cool on my shelf?"

LOL. I'm thinking the same thing. I'm feeling the burnout coz of the BB/FS "shortly" and the TRU "can't say".

Renewed

So I'm back from this stupid weather. Mdubs, I hope you're happy with Captain Falcon because he'll be happier with you for sure.

As for me, I got back home to see my Rosalina package (in pristine condition) on my desk so I'm just missing Meta Knight!

Also (unrelated), got a shipping notice for my Majora's Mask LE from Best Buy. Now for tomorrow with n3DSXL stuff. Spinach first.

mdubs

Banned
So I'm back from this stupid weather. Mdubs, I hope you're happy with Captain Falcon because he'll be happier with you for sure.

As for me, I got back home to see my Rosalina package (in pristine condition) on my desk so I'm just missing Meta Knight!

Also (unrelated), got a shipping notice for my Majora's Mask LE from Best Buy. Now for tomorrow with n3DSXL stuff. Spinach first.

Thanks man appreciate it! He's going nicely with my collection, good to meet you today.

After EB Games opens at 9am tomorrow I'll have my MM LE, MM New 3DS XL and all of Wave 3 except for Meta Knight (shipping confirmations are supposed to go out any time now from Future Shop).

All the Super Mario Series is preordered along with the MP10 Mario Bundle in broke at EB Games (was the first to preorder them all) and Wave 4 is preordered with Amazon UK.

I can breath again starting tomorrow!

CRA5H

I've decided to pick 1 amiibo from each new wave and purchase only that. I can't do this anymore. Not that I can't afford it.. but I was about to buy a $60 glass display from IKEA just for them. I had to draw the line somewhere.

Kilvin

Yeah super annoying.

Wasn't there some trick I can do regarding Purolator? I forgot what.

If you fill out the back of the door card they leave which waives them of liability they will leave the package on your doorstep if they attempt a second delivery.

oh, i forgot i have two meta knights coming my way. one of them is spoken for, but the other is up for grabs. cost plus shipping, ends up about $35. lemme know

i-Jest

I've decided to pick 1 amiibo from each new wave and purchase only that. I can't do this anymore. Not that I can't afford it.. but I was about to buy a $60 glass display from IKEA just for them. I had to draw the line somewhere.

I had to laugh. It's perfectly reasonable to do what your planning. These things have people acting in ways they wouldn't before being introduced to Amiibo.

Top Bottom