• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Stage On

30 here. Thank you DeathByBacklog for insuring I'm not the oldest guy in the community xd

It's fun going to stuff like the Pokemon launch events and not being the oldest by a long shot. It doesn't feel so awkward wend their are plenty of other adults around attending

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I don't remember my age atm and it is too late to do the math, but my birth year is 87.

I actually think it's great that you're in this with your son. My dad was the one who got me into Mario as well, and I'm glad he knows what Zelda and Metroid are. He has no idea about the other IPs though. :(

Same, my dad doesn't play games but used to play for me as a kid since I enjoyed watching. Good memories with those early nes games.

MikeDip

Um no offence, but how do you not know your age off the top of your head? o_O

My memory sucks these days, plus it's something that never really comes up. It's like how you know everyone elses phone number except your own.
(A few weeks ago I found out I was giving people my wrong phone number for quite a while, that was embarrassing)

Sora_N

My memory sucks these days, plus it's something that never really comes up. It's like how you know everyone elses phone number except your own.
(A few weeks ago I found out I was giving people my wrong phone number for quite a while, that was embarrassing)

Wow I don't remember my age either since I don't like to think about it.

I do know my number though.

I'm 27.

Haha, I was at EB tonight for the 3DS midnight opening, and he asked me how the amiibo hunt was going, since I was the first to preorder them. I told him I sold them all, and he started acting all cagey and "i didn't hear that". I asked him "why does this bother you?" and he thought I meant I was scalping them all, and they won't sell to people they know are reselling. I told him I sold them to some dude buying them for his kid, I actually lost about $50 in the end haha. Last thing I need is the manager of the one EB in Vancouver thinking I'm scamming people lol.

MikeDip

I'm 27.

Haha, I was at EB tonight for the 3DS midnight opening, and he asked me how the amiibo hunt was going, since I was the first to preorder them. I told him I sold them all, and he started acting all cagey and "i didn't hear that". I asked him "why does this bother you?" and he thought I meant I was scalping them all, and they won't sell to people they know are reselling. I told him I sold them to some dude buying them for his kid, I actually lost about $50 in the end haha. Last thing I need is the manager of the one EB in Vancouver thinking I'm scamming people lol.

Which 3ds did you get btw? MM?

Spike

Older guy reporting!

<--- 42

hMFsL.gif

MikeDip

Got really busy and didn't get to finish this up till now.

I just needed to fix the skin.

That's super nice! I always wondered what tools people who did this used. What did you use, just a regular tiny brush?

Sora_N

that's hot

That's super nice! I always wondered what tools people who did this used. What did you use, just a regular tiny brush?

Thanks guys, I have a random set of 3 paintbrushes (Tamiya brand) and a mixing tray. I just use Tamiya Acryllics since they are cheap(ish) and the only ones I can actually find anyways. For his skintone I ended up just going to Michaels and bought a jar of their paint, it's pretty cheap actually with the 40% off coupon it was $1.55 lol.

Still need a lot of improvement though. For me I just try to have a steady hand and paint over the figure, but if you want you can also paint a basecoat first. I still need practice since I don't think slapping the paint right on looks as good in the end. I always end up missing spots also and have to fix a lot.

I paint them just to sell them mostly...I was most proud of my blue regular Link, kind of regret selling it and didn't even hear feedback from the buyer. :(

lionpants

Just got a shipping notification for Meta Knight from Best Buy! Woot! Probably wont arrive until Monday. :(

West of Toronto here.

Edit: Holy shit it is cold out today.

oneran

My Meta Knight shipped as well, but they didn't send me a confirmation email.

Now I've only got to worry about my DDD and Ike!

Quadratic

Later when I go pick up my Monster Hunter preorder at EB I want to ask about the status of my Megaman preorder. I'm worried that EBgames oversold.

Draysoth

Yeah FS shipped Rosalina and Metaknight - all I need is shipment confirmation for King DeDeDe and Ike from them and I have every Amiibo so far... The trinity sadly is European but what can ya do!

evanmisha

Okay so taking the bus to EB was a mistake. We've been in gridlock traffic in front of an elementary school for 20 minutes. Stay warm, Amiibros

Yeah FS shipped Rosalina and Metaknight - all I need is shipment confirmation for King DeDeDe and Ike from them and I have every Amiibo so far... The trinity sadly is European but what can ya do!

Gahhh when did you get the email?

Still nothing from Future Shop for Meta Knight :/

I wish I was getting a meta knight shipped email :/ , hopefully my trade with Spike goes through. He's the final piece to my wave 3 collection

Top Bottom