• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Sealtest

I just did a very bad thing.

I got my rosalina today and I really wanted to open her and well something happened and 20 minutes later I opened all 13 others of mine inclusing shulk,lucario lil mac and pit.

I know I wont sell these.. But my plan was to keep them boxed.

I got my rosalina today and I really wanted to open her and well something happened and 20 minutes later I opened all 13 others of mine inclusing shulk,lucario lil mac and pit.

Ohhhh that's why I don't open one... The day I will, same thing will happen to me! haha

How does it feel?

You've done good.

I actually take my time opening mine. I may open one a week or as a treat on a particular bad day. I plan to open them all but I don't like to do it right away.

zroid

Banned
All of mine are "opened" but I haven't actually removed them from the packaging, lol

(I just peeled off the foil basically)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
You've done good.

I actually take my time opening mine. I may open one a week or as a treat on a particular bad day. I plan to open them all but I don't like to do it right away.

I like the sound of this. I open all my figure things too but saving them to open on bad days is a good idea for the future!

shocked-face_giphy-com.gif

iiicon

I could never keep my amiibos in boxes. I don't have the space for them. Besides, I like the way they look on my bookshelf, and with them out in the open my niece and nephew get a chance to play with them.

Code:
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/A1S51WG.jpg[/IMG]

Quick and dirty picture.

My Majora's Mask LE was all dented and ripped that I got from EB Games Canada this morning. Their entire shipment was like that.

District Manager said there was nothing they could do.

Fucking bullshit. I even bought an extra copy of MM so I could keep the LE sealed.

He even admitted that staff have been taking items for themselves and such and they had to put new policies in place in the past 12-15 days due to staff taking Nintendo products and pre-orders for themselves. But he refused to tell me what those policies were.

Call your EB Games area District Managers and find out what these new policies are and why they had to be implemented! We have been getting screwed by staff and corporate knows it!

My Majora's Mask LE was all dented and ripped that I got from EB Games Canada this morning. Their entire shipment was like that.

Fucking bullshit. I even bought an extra copy of MM so I could keep the LE sealed.

He even admitted that staff have been taking items for themselves and such and they had to put new policies in place in the past 12-15 days due to staff taking Nintendo products and pre-orders for themselves. But he refused to tell me what those policies were.

Call your EB Games area District Managers and find out what these new policies are and why they had to be implemented! We have been getting screwed by staff and corporate knows it!

Picked up in store?

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I'm switching teams, from an every-amiibo guy to a couple-sweet-figma guy. they ain't as cheap, but hot damn they're sexy

I have that samus figma and it is beautiful. Got it in a very dumb pose though, I am not good at posing things.

beta_fuse

I hate to break it to you but every retailer does this. It sucks I know but it isn't just EBgames that's at fault here.

Man that sucks, so sorry, here is hoping the future shop ones are in better state.

I hate to break it to you but every retailer does this. It sucks I know but it isn't just EBgames that's at fault here.

As long as employees aren't literally taking all product and hoarding it, I have zero problem with them getting first dibs. It's just a perk in a job that, I can speak from experience, doesn't have many.

But if it's like two dudes buying all the amiibos and what not? Yeah, that's bad.

Well my rosalina got here, looks good! Trying to get a shulk now, if anyone wants to trade a shulk for a rosaline, pm me! Imma try to get a megaman too now :D

beta_fuse

As long as employees aren't literally taking all product and hoarding it, I have zero problem with them getting first dibs. It's just a perk in a job that, I can speak from experience, doesn't have many.

But if it's like two dudes buying all the amiibos and what not? Yeah, that's bad.

Yeah I get what you're saying. I used to work at Toys R Us and I would keep something aside for me as well if my shift was during the release period. As long as the store still met the minimum amount requirement and I wasn't taking more than 1, it was never an issue.

Yeah I get what you're saying. I used to work at Toys R Us and I would keep something aside for me as well if my shift was during the release period. As long as the store still met the minimum amount requirement and I wasn't taking more than 1, it was never an issue.

Yeah. What's the other option, they're forced to just wait on any product they want to see if there might be stock left when all is said and done? That seems spectacularly unfair to me, to penalize them just because they work there.

Sora_N

Megaman and Sonic are available at Best Buy in store now. I assume they're also at FS.

Since they're available they're probably common...lol

Megaman and Sonic are available at Best Buy in store now. I assume they're also at FS.

Since they're available they're probably common...lol

Meh. They could get an inventory of 1 and still come up as "available". Checking out the stories from the states seem to suggest that although there's a good quantity, they're getting snatched up pretty quickly.

Sora_N

I hate waiting for mail...I can't leave the house lol.

Waiting for my friend's Majora's copy.

Got my Sonic from Purolator already an hour ago :/

Duran

Guess I'll ask here since this is the Canadian Limited Availability thread.

Anyones MH4 Collector's Edition ship from EB? Had a failed payment due to expired card so they couldn't charge me now I'm waiting for it to ship after correcting that.

Wow.

Futureshop 1
Amazon 0

Just got my shipping notice for the Megaman and Sonics I ordered yesterday from Future Shop. Amazon...still nothing and it was ordered November 30th.

lionpants

Wow.

Futureshop 1
Amazon 0

Just got my shipping notice for the Megaman and Sonics I ordered yesterday from Future Shop. Amazon...still nothing and it was ordered November 30th.
Nice. I wanted to grab an extra sonic to unbox but I saw the notification from my App too late and was out to lunch, trying to order on a phone doesn't work too well when in a hurry. :p

Nice. I wanted to grab an extra sonic to unbox but I saw the notification from my App too late and was out to lunch, trying to order on a phone doesn't work too well when in a hurry. :p

Yeah I was quite surprised to see FS move these out the door so quickly. Going forward, I'm not sure who I'm going to go with for preorders. I have the SMB wave ordered from FS at the moment. But after that...

Sora_N

Lol so weird that Metaknight has a symbol for reservable in store, they said there won't be any at all. :p

I never got a shipping notice for my MK either, I'm not in a rush anyway.

My Sonic amiibo order from BB from the other night has shipped now. It'll probably arrive at the same time as my MM3D LE since that's estimated for Tuesday already.

Top Bottom