• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Just got my skull kid Majora's Mask dropped off, I cant believe the quality of this figure for an extra ten bucks. I wish Amiibo's looked half this nice haha

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Went strait to sold out at chapters. I hope Walmart gets some megaman eventually, I want him but never have any luck.

zroid

Banned
At some point you just have to accept that Canada Post tracking updates don't make any sense

XJ83Wnp.png

shuri

Banned
Stop taking amiibos from kids guys.
I have someone in my family who teaches to 4th graders, and for some reasons they were talking about toys and she brought up the Amiibo craze and .. not a single kid had any idea about what she was talking about.

She also had a 'game day' a week ago as a reward because the class had been acting well and working hard, and she was expecting them to bring gameboys and whatsnot, and all the kids had ipad, ipods or various android powered tablets. An entire classroom of 30 kids but not a single one with a gameboy.

times are changing

Just got my skull kid Majora's Mask dropped off, I cant believe the quality of this figure for an extra ten bucks. I wish Amiibo's looked half this nice haha

Can one of you do me a favor and let me know if the copy of Majora in there is a standard retail copy (meaning it has a barcode)? I won't get mine til next week and want to know if I can grab a regular copy today to do the return trick once I get my LE

hupla

Can one of you do me a favor and let me know if the copy of Majora in there is a standard retail copy (meaning it has a barcode)? I won't get mine til next week and want to know if I can grab a regular copy today to do the return trick once I get my LE

mine has a barcode but says "Not for resale"

beta_fuse

So has anyone been able to hit up Best Buy or EBgames today? Apparently in the U.S they received Sonics and Mega Mans
(Men?)
. I called Futureshop and TRU and they didn't get anything new today.

Interesting observation. Looking at the Meta Knight listings on FS and BB I noticed that it now says Limit 1 per household. When I ordered mine, it didn't say this. When was this changed? Is it a sign that perhaps they'll restock?

For the record I was at my local SK EB Games and Best Buy this morning and while I was able to pickup my N3DS preorder, neither had any interesting amiibos at all.

Yikers. Next week is going to be a busy for my Purolator and Canada Post delivery ladies.

Meta Knight
Rosie
MM 3DSXL
MM Skull Kid
Sonic and Megaman (hopefully)
GoT Season 4 (hopefully)
and my son's Figurart Luigi should hopefully be in from amiami as well.

Welp, frustrating story time.

I walked in to Wal-Mart just as they were opening a shipment of Amiibo.

Saw their off-duty receiving guy walk past me with a bag full of Amiibo.

Dug thru the box and only found Sheik, Bowser, and Toon Link. Looked at the manifest: 2x Rosaline, 2x Ike, 2x King Dedede. None of those in the box.

Meaning Wal-mart's off duty employee snagged all six of the rare Amiibo for their wave 3 shipment.

I'm livid.

Is calling management even worth it? Can they force him to return them?

Follow up to this:

The manager at my local Wal-Mart investigated this and found that the employee did indeed purchase the "rare" amiibo before they were put on the shelf. He actually had the amiibo returned (opened, unfortunately) and offered to sell them to me at retail price - that PLUS a $50 gift card for my "trouble".

Needless to say, I am impressed. That manager went the extra mile to make the situation right. So props to Wal-Mart CS.

Luckily, no one was fired for this - I didn't want that. I just wanted a fair chance at buying an Ike. And it isn't fair when the only two Ike from the shipment are snatched up by an employee before they're even on the shelf.

MikeDip

Follow up to this:

The manager at my local Wal-Mart investigated this and found that the employee did indeed purchase the "rare" amiibo before they were put on the shelf. He actually had the amiibo returned (opened, unfortunately) and offered to sell them to me at retail price - that PLUS a $50 gift card for my "trouble".

Needless to say, I am impressed. That manager went the extra mile to make the situation right. So props to Wal-Mart CS.

Luckily, no one was fired for this - I didn't want that. I just wanted a fair chance at buying an Ike. And it isn't fair when the only two Ike from the shipment are snatched up by an employee before they're even on the shelf.

That is cool! Did you buy em?

zroid

Banned
Follow up to this:

that's awesome

good for you

MikeDip

Still no luck with Ike or megaman. Anyone think someone will put these online again anytime soon or am I out of luck?

ohlawd

Yikers. Next week is going to be a busy for my Purolator and Canada Post delivery ladies.

Meta Knight
Rosie
MM 3DSXL
MM Skull Kid
Sonic and Megaman (hopefully)
GoT Season 4 (hopefully)
and my son's Figurart Luigi should hopefully be in from amiami as well.

don't forget to pick up the greatest game that will come out this year

Another Rosalina Amiibo? RIP my wallet.

I have someone in my family who teaches to 4th graders, and for some reasons they were talking about toys and she brought up the Amiibo craze and .. not a single kid had any idea about what she was talking about.

She also had a 'game day' a week ago as a reward because the class had been acting well and working hard, and she was expecting them to bring gameboys and whatsnot, and all the kids had ipad, ipods or various android powered tablets. An entire classroom of 30 kids but not a single one with a gameboy.

times are changing

I brought this up a few pages back, but if Amiibos ever reach the popularity of Furby/Beanie Babies/Tickle Me Elmo, they will be even harder to acquire. Soccer moms are a scary demographic.

zroid

Banned
Everyone's more interested in Skull Kid and the n3DS right now :p

I already know I'm not getting my MM3D LE till Monday at the earliest, and n3DS XL till probably later next week, so... just chillin'... waiting for Rosie to arrive.

My Meta Knight has yet to ship from Future Shop =(

Anyone else still waiting? Seems like everyone got their confirmation emails this morning.

Everyone's more interested in Skull Kid and the n3DS right now :p

I already know I'm not getting my MM3D LE till Monday at the earliest, and n3DS XL till probably later next week, so... just chillin'... waiting for Rosie to arrive.

lol Yeah I guess they might actually be playing the game also huh?

<----that handle...was well earned.

Top Bottom