• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Sora_N

Huge thanks to DeathByBacklog for posting when the Majora's Mask LE went up a couple days ago!

8Ec9DlI.jpg

No Windwaker UDF?

amiibo is better anyway

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Robson FS had Mega Man in the morning but employee told me they were sold out within 10 minutes of opening. However there are Sonics for people who want him:

10991495_10153168929472664_3808815997152787558_o.jpg

espher

Called TRU re: my shipping situation (the one I've bitched about before).

Apparently, they refused my request to refund shipping because the products already shipped, which I said was unacceptable because the entire reason I didn't cancel the order was BECAUSE they were supposed to be submitting a request to get shipping changed/fixed, so they opened another request. I told them if it wasn't refunded I was going to go through my bank. The CSR basically brushed that off and said she'd submit another request.

I asked if she'd submitted it for both orders or just one order (the one she was reading back to me), she said it was just the one. I told her I was calling about two orders and she said "well why are you calling about shipping if you have that order", and my head just about exploded. Like, everything I'd said for the previous 10m, w/ the reference numbers, was basically in one ear and out the other. I once again asked if it was for both orders, and she didn't even respond, basically just said "is there anything else I can help you with today".

Eventually she did acknowledge requests were in for both, but I'm fully prepared to go the chargeback route if they don't fix this shit.

Duran

Robson FS had Mega Man in the morning but employee told me they were sold out within 10 minutes of opening. However there are Sonics for people who want him:

Holy shit I was just in the area but didn't go to FS, hope theres still some after work. If anyones around there and could grab one for me I'd appreciate it!

Called TRU re: my shipping situation (the one I've bitched about before).

Apparently, they refused my request to refund shipping because the products already shipped, which I said was unacceptable because the entire reason I didn't cancel the order was BECAUSE they were supposed to be submitting a request to get shipping changed/fixed, so they opened another request. I told them if it wasn't refunded I was going to go through my bank. The CSR basically brushed that off and said she'd submit another request.

I asked if she'd submitted it for both orders or just one order (the one she was reading back to me), she said it was just the one. I told her I was calling about two orders and she said "well why are you calling about shipping if you have that order", and my head just about exploded. Like, everything I'd said for the previous 10m, w/ the reference numbers, was basically in one ear and out the other. I once again asked if it was for both orders, and she didn't even respond, basically just said "is there anything else I can help you with today".

Eventually she did acknowledge requests were in for both, but I'm fully prepared to go the chargeback route if they don't fix this shit.

It's times like that when I ask for their supervisor.

Kinda crazy how the Sonics are warming the pegs yet the Megamans are being bought up. They seem kind of equal to me as far as importance in video game history. I wonder if there's just more Sonics being delivered vs. Megamans.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Kinda crazy how the Sonics are warming the pegs yet the Megamans are being bought up. They seem kind of equal to me as far as importance in video game history. I wonder if there's just more Sonics being delivered vs. Megamans.

Shrug, perhaps Sonic isn't quite booming with the crowd as he was before...

Check your Walmarts for Megaman! I called and they said they had two. I was going to grab another to sell to another Toronto GAFfer for cost, and they only had one left :(

If I see anymore rare amiibo, I'll grab them all and sell it to GAF for cost. ($16 if you come to me or Eaton Centre, $20 if you want me to meet you at a specific location).

Weiss

Banned
aw yiss, my Fox amiibo showed up.

Debating whether I should open it, or if guys around here are hunting it down and would be willing to trade.

Reveirg

What's the situation on Megaman with amazon.ca?

Just received a notice they're "trying to procure the item", hoping I'm not screwed.

For those who got Meta Knight from Future Shop I got my shipping email later this afternoon but the tracking number is still not active.

Anyone else with the same state

It is Canada Post correct?

For those who got Meta Knight from Future Shop I got my shipping email later this afternoon but the tracking number is still not active.

I shipped a personal item with them today and my tracking number isn't active yet either.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™

Mine is atill like that. Strangely enough, my Majora's Mask New 3DS is also shipping through Canada Post and that has already been updated.

Lebon14

So, my friend asked him to bring to the local video game shop for him to sell some stuff in order to get MM3D and I saw those amiibo available:

Eh. Only the most popular. If I ever saw a Rosalina or Shulk (for exemple), I would have jumped on it. Because rarity.

Off-topic, I saw these too:
Excuse the quality of the pic. My smartphone's camera is BS. There's a limited LoZ puzzle to the left, Monopoly Zelda (69.99$), there's Mario Chess and the bottom left is actually a MK Wii Puzzle. Thought was cool but not deserving their topic.

fooish101

I was just able to reserve a Megaman and Sonic from my local store, just got the confirmation reservation e-mail from Futureshop to pick them up in the next 24 hours. Local results may vary!

fooish101

Mega Man is reserveables at FS...on Vancouver Island in Victoria :p

Ah crap... guess us Island folk just got lucky, sorry I should of checked to see if it was available in more stores. In other news I'm up to 10 of these bastards within a week. Is there an amiibo anonymous group... or is this is?

mdubs

Banned
No luck with my MM New 3DS from Amazon yet. One thing I don't like is that they don't compensate you for things like that. My sister's shipped from Future Shop though so at least one of them is coming.

Edit: Oops this was meant for the Shipping (deals lol) thread.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I had my spare lucario to trade and I accidentally dropped a wooden cowboy head thing on it. Bah!
Just gave it to my friend to play with now since it's broken :(
Luckily, the cowboy head thing is okay.

Lessons learned (hopefully):
Don't store random things on the floor.
Don't carry heavy cowboy heads while also trying to juggle a cup of coffee
Don't forget to turn the lights on in the room
Don't wear your socks half on half off while carrying things

Top Bottom