• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

The most hilarious part of this is that the Gold Mario is a fucking EASTER Mario.

Hahahaha. The fucking Easter Mario!

Silver for what? What's a Silver themed Holiday?

diaspora

Mythical? Should I be taking pics as proof? This afternoon all they had was that restock of figures I mentioned. But tonight they must have opened a case of Megaman. It's possible I guess that there's a case of Sonic there also and they didn't get to it, or at a glance, thought it was another case of Megaman. Dunnno.

What I think though. We've let Nintendo get us so worked up about quantities of these figures that we're losing touch with how easily they are to get when all is said and done.

He's not saying being in stock is a myth as much as Northern Ontario is a myth.

mdubs

Banned
Mythical? Should I be taking pics as proof? This afternoon all they had was that restock of figures I mentioned. But tonight they must have opened a case of Megaman. It's possible I guess that there's a case of Sonic there also and they didn't get to it, or at a glance, thought it was another case of Megaman. Dunnno.

What I think though. We've let Nintendo get us so worked up about quantities of these figures that we're losing touch with how easily they are to get when all is said and done.

I'm just joking that we all wish we lived where the amiibos seem to be more plentiful than in the GTA and poking fun at the vagaries of Northwestern Ontario making it seem like it's a dream land that exists in the minds of all Canada amiibros. Nintendo is frying our minds.

I'm just joking that we all wish we lived where the amiibos seem to be more plentiful than in the GTA and poking fun at the vagaries of Northwestern Ontario making it seem like it's a dream land that exists in the minds of all Canada amiibros. Nintendo is frying our minds.

Oh it's no dreamland. Crap loads of snow and temps of -40. I'd pick the barren amiibo wasteland of the GTA over NWO any day.

GtwoK

Whoa what, just went to best buy 20 minutes before closing on a whim, they happened to have 6 Megaman and 6 Sonic. Hell yes, managed to get one of each in case amazon flakes out on me!

Someone wants to give me his sealed Skyward Sword Limited Edition (Gold Wii Remote Bundle) for my Shulk... Sooooo tempted!

I'll just chime in and say that Wii Remote is goddamn beautiful. I have it and I'll keep it forever along with the gold nunchuk.

The game is also awesome, despite what the rest of GAF might tell you.

I'll just chime in and say that Wii Remote is goddamn beautiful. I have it and I'll keep it forever along with the gold nunchuk.

The game is also awesome, despite what the rest of GAF might tell you.

Yea I always wanted it. I think that the guy is open to the trade because he has like 2-3 sealed copies that he kept for rainy days. Now that I said yes, he has not confirmed. Maybe when he saw my Shulk he became irrational and will now change his mind.

Yea I always wanted it. I think that the guy is open to the trade because he has like 2-3 sealed copies that he kept for rainy days. Now that I said yes, he has not confirmed. Maybe when he saw my Shulk he became irrational and will now change his mind.

Technically that would be him becoming rational :p

He's definitely on the losing end of that trade

Wal Mart hasn't done any in store preorders for any Amiibos unless they start to with this.

So launch lineup before opening is looking most likely.

oneran

I put in some in-store reservations at a few futureshop locations across the country that had any sonic's left just in case anyone here needed one and missed it. Locations are:

****1855 Hyde Park Rd., London ON**** (Mega Man & Sonic)

470 rue Saint-Catherine Ouest, Montreal
2210 Bank St., Unit B1, Ottawa
130 Country Village Rd. NE, Calgary
760 St. Albert Rd., Unit 200, St. Albert (Alberta)

If your in the area and need a sonic PM me with your email and the city you want and I'll forward the reservation to you (After 24 hours the reservation will be cancelled).

First PM first serve on the off chance anyone is interested!

EDIT-1: London has been claimed

Wait for restock, it's not like they do anything in-game that's worth the money immediately, it won't hurt to wait.
Do we know if Villager, Pit and Little Mac might get a restock of the Smash series?

I think WFT will be one of the ones re-released in card form only.

GtwoK

Wait for restock, it's not like they do anything in-game that's worth the money immediately, it won't hurt to wait.

We don't know of a WFT / Villager restock, and there's no guarantee Marths restock will be the figures and not the cards

i-Jest

My DDD finally came from Amazon. Ike will soon be on its way. How difficult will it be to get a hold of another Sonic and Megaman?

Fou-Lu

I think I am a bit late to get into amiibos, I am just realizing a lot of my favorite characters are rare. And I might not be able to get any of them at a price I am willing to spend. Sadness.

Stage On

I unboxed a bunch of my Amiibo's on Monday to celibate surviving the long weekend rush at my work, only one left in the box is Shulk since I'm not quite sure where the heck I'm going to put him as I'm running out of room...

004_zps9kq3cvlz.jpg

That's my small book shelf that I salvaged from being thrown out back in collage. I have 3 other larger ones but they are already pretty full with Skylanders already.

The spot next to Toon link is reserved for Ganandorf and I can't put anything past Pikachu since my Cat likes to use that area as a stepping stone to get to my window cell. The shelf below is a no go since the figures there get knocked down all the time when I'm making my bed and I don't want to risk damaging my Amiibo.

CRAP! Meta Knight was just up on FS and BB.

Woke up to see both tabs flashing due to Check4Change. Each had under 10 when I tried to process an order, no luck.

Well. Today was a bad delivery day.

Package 1 from FutureShop

2 Megaman, 2 Sonics. Stuffed in a box so small the flaps didn't even close up top. There was a 1"+ gap and the packing tape was actually sitting on the back of one of the cards. Only 1 Sonic arrived without damage. Big crease on one of the Megamans. Dinged up cards on the other and the Sonic.

Package 2 from BB

2 Meta Knights. Looked like they were package well enough. Only one was worth keeping MIB. The other has a card that's bent. Ugh.

Still have a Sonic and Megaman coming in from Amazon. But they shipped it with my blueray of Game of Thrones so they're almost certainly going to arrive all banged up.

Akim

Banned
Well. Today was a bad delivery day.

Package 1 from FutureShop

2 Megaman, 2 Sonics. Stuffed in a box so small the flaps didn't even close up top. There was a 1"+ gap and the packing tape was actually sitting on the back of one of the cards. Only 1 Sonic arrived without damage. Big crease on one of the Megamans. Dinged up cards on the other and the Sonic.

Package 2 from BB

2 Meta Knights. Looked like they were package well enough. Only one was worth keeping MIB. The other has a card that's bent. Ugh.

Still have a Sonic and Megaman coming in from Amazon. But they shipped it with my blueray of Game of Thrones so they're almost certainly going to arrive all banged up.

The lottery of packaging is a pain in the ass. If you end up wanting to sell the extras that are banged up, I'd be interested as I unbox em.

The lottery of packaging is a pain in the ass. If you end up wanting to sell the extras that are banged up, I'd be interested as I unbox em.

Be happy you're not collecting these on card. That's got to be a HUGE relief. I just got off the phone with a CSR from FS. Lucky me, he was also a collector and had received his own Megaman in bad condition. Apparently they're going to set me up with some replacements. I should know within 3 to 5 business days.

lionpants

Be happy you're not collecting these on card. That's got to be a HUGE relief. I just got off the phone with a CSR from FS. Lucky me, he was also a collector and had received his own Megaman in bad condition. Apparently they're going to set me up with some replacements. I should know within 3 to 5 business days.
Still haven't heard back from BB about my Meta Knight being crushed.

Top Bottom