• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Draysoth

FS just charged me for Ike and Dedede - looks like this wave is complete, hurrah. Now for the impatience for the 3 minute preorder window for next wave!

CRA5H

It's Future Shop so hopefully they will do something. I doubt they have extra Meta Knights =\
Hope so. The big box store I dealt with (The Bay) didn't give two shits about me but hopefully Future Shop can do more than just a $15 gift card because it seems like we won't be seeing anymore Meta knights anytime soon.

Kilvin

Future figure waves are gonna be brutal. No reprint of sold out figures. Instead we get cards. I guess it's just cheaper for Nintendo to go this route and keep up with demand constraints.

Damn this is really disappointing. I'm not interested In card versions, I want the figures... An Ike card for me is not an ideal replacement.

Well got a Rosalina in from BB today that arrived in perfect shape. Big box. Lots of packing. I wonder if there was just a disgruntled Amiibo fan that was packing peoples figures up.

2809469-bestamiibo.jpg

Does that even make sense? That list is quite deceptive. If I have 100 of one item and only 1 of another. Certainly the item I have more of, will sell better.

espher

2809469-bestamiibo.jpg

Does that even make sense? That list is quite deceptive. If I have 100 of one item and only 1 of another. Certainly the item I have more of, will sell better.

That's why you look at the other picture, which was sell-through rates. (Edit: Though of course that still really only just tells you whether they over/underestimated demand.)

35l.jpg

beta_fuse

My GF lives in Canada, I didn't get any Wave 3 preorders. Anywhere I can send her to possibly get any of them?

She might get lucky if she checks out Toys R Us or Futureshop/BestBuy right when they get a new shipment. Sonic, Mega Man, Ike, Dedede, Meta Knight or Lucario are all super unlikely but possible but the other exclusives probably not.

Actually I can't remember if FS/BB said already that there will be no Meta Knights in store. If that's the case she can forget about him too.

ALTHOUGH...I will say this. The card thing could be a BRILLIANT solution for those collecting the figures MIB. This'll allow them to access the content, and still keep their figures in package.

WARNING WARNING WARNING

For those collecting the figures mint on card and displaying them on the Ribba photo shelves from IKEA. Get something to fill the gap from the shelf surface to the top of the front edge.

I was just looking at my sons collection, getting ready to install another 2 shelves. I noticed that due to the packages leaning towards the wall, it's starting to bend the top of the cards forward. So you'll need something 5/8" thick to take up that space.

lionpants

WARNING WARNING WARNING

For those collecting the figures mint on card and displaying them on the Ribba photo shelves from IKEA. Get something to fill the gap from the shelf surface to the top of the front edge.

I was just looking at my sons collection, getting ready to install another 2 shelves. I noticed that due to the packages leaning towards the wall, it's starting to bend the top of the cards forward. So you'll need something 5/8" thick to take up that space.
Ah shit. Thanks for the heads up.

Let me know what you end up filling the gap with.

zroid

Banned
the best buy near me is officially putting amiibo in the area near the entrance of the store where they used to put Skylaners and Disney infinity and other knick knacks. all amiibo now. :p

the thirst is real

isny

napkin dispenser
Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on December 15, 2014 (Order# 701-0378954-7206652). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Mega Man amiibo - Wii U Super Smash Bros. Series Edition"
Estimated arrival date: February 19, 2015 - February 20, 2015

and now I have a dilemma.

Amazon finally shipped out my Sonic and Megaman. And just as I feared, they sent it out with my Bluray of season 4 of Game of Thrones. Chances of these being all banged up when they get here as they rattle around in a box with the bluray set looks pretty good.

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on December 15, 2014 (Order# 701-0378954-7206652). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

Did you only order Megaman? Not sonic?

mdubs

Banned
Thank goodness, noticed Mega Man and Sonic available for reserve a half hour ago at Downtown FS and managed to get them on reserve. Phewwww

jholmes

Hello from Amazon.ca.

I got mine too! Our national nightmare has been averted.

Megaman arrived from Amazon.ca!

Now, given my vehicle issue, I'm out of the game, at least for a little while. I must have Lucina and Robin, maybe Ness. But other than that, I can't afford the hunt anymore.

Ah shit. Thanks for the heads up.

Let me know what you end up filling the gap with.

So as a follow up to this. I headed to Home Hardware to see what kind of molding I could get to fill that gap. The cheapest I could find was $1 per foot. Needing 15 feet of the stuff now (for 4 shelves) I thought I'd think up a cheaper solution.

1) Plastic dixie cups from Wal-Mart. $3 for 100 cups and you have all the material you'll need. Cut the cup down to 5/8" high and then just set them under each amiibo.

2) Construction paper (even cheaper). Cut 5/8" strips then make a ring out of it securing it with scotch tape. Then again, tuck one under each amiibo.

So there's a little more work to those two suggestions. But it does make for a cheaper fix.

Top Bottom