• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Canada Post found my Meta Knight!!

It was shipped to North Bay instead of Thunder Bay!

They couldn't tell me the condition of the package :(

The sooner I can get it and find out the sooner I can call Future Shop and get a replacement if it's fucked.

DeathByBacklog did FS say they could get you a replacement or just looking into it?

i-Jest

The sooner I can get it and find out the sooner I can call Future Shop and get a replacement if it's fucked.

DeathByBacklog did FS say they could get you a replacement or just looking into it?

This is good news. Congrats! Hope your Meta Knight isn't damaged.

My Meta Knight came from BB. Haven't called them yet to complain. FS was for Sonic and Megaman and they said they were going to try to replace it and I should hear back from them in 3-5 business days.

oneran

I put in some in-store reservations at a few futureshop locations across the country that had any sonic's left just in case anyone here needed one and missed it. Locations are:

****1855 Hyde Park Rd., London ON**** (Mega Man & Sonic)

470 rue Saint-Catherine Ouest, Montreal
2210 Bank St., Unit B1, Ottawa
130 Country Village Rd. NE, Calgary
760 St. Albert Rd., Unit 200, St. Albert (Alberta)

If your in the area and need a sonic PM me with your email and the city you want and I'll forward the reservation to you (After 24 hours the reservation will be cancelled).

First PM first serve on the off chance anyone is interested!

EDIT-1: London has been claimed

Just an update I've got two more locations, so as it stands I have these locations available:

167 Bell Blvd., Belleville
1910 Pembina Hwy., Unit 6, Winnipeg
470 rue Saint-Catherine Ouest, Montreal
2210 Bank St., Unit B1, Ottawa
130 Country Village Rd. NE, Calgary
760 St. Albert Rd., Unit 200, St. Albert (Alberta)

Kade

Got Meta Knight from Future Shop!

Had Ike and Dedede in my Best Buy cart but Ike sold out as soon as I checked out so I just get Dedede. Fine with that.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Well that was odd. UPS just dropped this off despite the delivery date being tomorrow.

DLRW5y4.jpg

Impressive since it came from British Columbia and I'm in Scarborough.

beta_fuse

I swear I don't think I'm ever leaving my computer on lunch break ever again. These things always seem to go up when I leave for an hour or when I'm in bed. Ughhh

Just bought these two for $75 total. Damn, wish I got into collecting these much sooner. It's the cheapest I've seen them at. The Pit bubble corner is a bit messed up, but I plan to unbox these and display them properly once I graduate anyways.

I'm going to be meeting up Isny over the weekend as he was generous enough to offer Meta Knight for cost. Then all I need to do is wait for the Marth reprint and somehow find a Villager NA that's not at an outrageous cost.

Then it's Wave 4...

beta_fuse

Wal Mart's and EB games on the East coast should have gotten their shipment of MM and Sonic. They are looking to be pretty common a la Toon Link /Sheik.

Kilvin

Just bought these two for $75 total. Damn, wish I got into collecting these much sooner. It's the cheapest I've seen them at. The Pit bubble corner is a bit messed up, but I plan to unbox these and display them properly once I graduate anyways.

I'm going to be meeting up Isny over the weekend as he was generous enough to offer Meta Knight for cost. Then all I need to do is wait for the Marth reprint and somehow find a Villager NA that's not at an outrageous cost.

Then it's Wave 4...

So disappointed with you :(

Kilvin

Well Villager used to go for $50ish last month but now it's $100-$250! I promise this will be my only time paying a scalper.

He also mentioned having to run off to buy a Sonic. Good luck scalping that lol

Haha yeah he's in for a rude awakening with that one.

I'm still happy you got the ones you were looking for, even though I don't agree with the method. :)

mdubs

Banned
Did you figure something out to prop the boxes up on the Ikea shelves?

I'm going to pick up some wood tonight on the way home.

I'm just throwing this out here, but could'nt you flip the ribba shelves upside down and use that as a flat surface? I was thinking about doing that with mine

Did you figure something out to prop the boxes up on the Ikea shelves?

I'm going to pick up some wood tonight on the way home.

Yeah my son and I made some 5.8" rings out of construction paper and just placed one underneath each amiibo. A little more work, but it's cheaper then getting wood or a molding of some sort to fill the gap.

Anyone willing to trade Majora's Mask Limited Editions?

Mine has a small rip on the mask cut out area. It really bugs me because I intended to keep it sealed. I bought the Digital Version of the game too.

So if you intend to open yours when it arrives I would love to trade. Kinda a long shot. I'll be willing to pay for the cost of you to ship it to me and obviously will pay to ship mine to you.

PM me if you're willing to do this

So disappointed with you :(

Ok...we have to stop shaming people here. If someone wants a figure, and is willing to pay above retail, they're allowed to do that. It's their money that they worked for. Unless someone is willing to sell their figure that that person is looking for at retail, then there's no reason to be talking.

Sorry if that comes off harsh. But I suspect he's happy to finally have these. We should allow him to be so.

lionpants

I'm just throwing this out here, but could'nt you flip the ribba shelves upside down and use that as a flat surface? I was thinking about doing that with mine
That's a genius idea. I think the top (really the bottom in this case) of the shelf would not be flush with the wall though because the screw holes are on the top. It would also have less vertical support if you were to put something decently heavy on them.

The construction paper is a cool and easy idea, I may just do that lol.

Well Villager used to go for $50ish last month but now it's $100-$250! I promise this will be my only time paying a scalper.

He also mentioned having to run off to buy a Sonic. Good luck scalping that lol

Don't feel the need to explain or apologize. You liked it, you wanted it, you found a price you were willing to purchase at. Enjoy.

We may all be faced with these decisions down the road if we already haven't. I know personally, I've bought stuff above retail cost. I wanted it, and the only way to get it was to pay the going rate at that time. And I've done just that.

Top Bottom