• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Not that I am eagerly hunting those particular amiibos, but...maybe state a city when you say Eaton Centre. Because I can think of a handful of cities with one. ;)

Has anyone bought Amiibos from Amazon UK?

I got Wave 4 preordered with them and am wondering if I'll have to pay duty or extra fees upon arrival or is Amazon good for that stuff?

My friends Shulk from GameStop USA had a $15 brokerage fee. =\

I collect NA only so far but feel Wave 4 might be my first EU versions.

lionpants

Has anyone bought Amiibos from Amazon UK?

I got Wave 4 preordered with them and am wondering if I'll have to pay duty or extra fees upon arrival or is Amazon good for that stuff?

My friends Shulk from GameStop USA had a $15 brokerage fee. =

I collect NA only so far but feel Wave 4 might be my first EU versions.
Amazon.fr order I made did not result in duty charges. My GameStop orders usually do though.

levyjl1988

Banned
Just got the cancellation e-mail for Rosalina as well :(
This is the first time amazon has cancelled my order.

TdwnCXs.png

WTF did anyone get Rosalina from Amazon Canada?

I had a preorder but then cancelled it when Toys R Us got them in store extremely early. Good thing I didn't wait.

ZeroGravity

Glad I ordered Rosalina from amazon.de originally, but still wanted another one to keep in box. Knew it would be impossible to find one here. Thanks for nothing amazon.ca

i-Jest

This is all do to a shortage? Wasn't there some type of strike going on that lead to a shortage? Or was this a problem only for Play-Asia?

If any of you are in Toronto and need a Rosalina I have an extra and will be in the city tommmorow. I had to pay shipping on it so it'll be a little over retail. Just send me a pm

levyjl1988

Banned
So are they still manufacturing Rosalina from Europe?
They didn't stop the presses did they?
I still got an order from amazon.it with no expected delivery date as another backup.
Not so sure anymore.

chrono01

I got my cancellation for Rosalina from Amazon.ca too. Thankfully, I already have my order from FS, this was mostly an "extra" order in case anyone here wanted her.

I guess there goes that idea. :/

It would have been nice for them to give some sort of compensation, though. I feel bad for those who skipped trying to get her at others places with the faith/belief that Amazon.ca would pull through for them.

I think it's about time you stopped lying about it being your son's collection. You can lie to your wife but you can't lie to us. :p

Oh wow. So many Rosie's cancelled. Did anyone get one from amazon? Looks like me missing that window to order from them was a blessing in disguise. Though staying up all night for FS and BB was no treat.

Sora_N

I got my cancellation for Rosalina from Amazon.ca too. Thankfully, I already have my order from FS, this was mostly an "extra" order in case anyone here wanted her.

I guess there goes that idea. :/

It would have been nice for them to give some sort of compensation, though. I feel bad for those who skipped trying to get her at others places with the faith/belief that Amazon.ca would pull through for them.

With Amiibos there is no safety. I'd rather order 2 of the ones I really want from different stores. Can always return.

lionpants

I have officially gone insane. I just spent the last 2 hours crafting these so my displayed Amiibos don't lean against the wall when on the Ikea shelves. The wood I bought on the way home looked stupid and hanging the Ikea shelves upside down caused it to slant forward. I thought about construction paper, but cardboard is more durable and wont compress over time.

CRA5H

I'll be in Toronto tommorow if anyone else wants to get on the Amiibo's that are on the right with no name. Mega Man & Sonic are at cost , the rest are cost + the shipping I paid.
Nice of you to do this man. I already got mine from the bunch on the right :)

Top Bottom