• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

lionpants

I haven't picked up wave 3 yet. I started to get discouraged when I seen all the variants they were releasing. So I'm not sure if I'll continue with the regular series, or get rid of the first 2 waves and just go for the Minis instead. It is a HUGE relief not having to worry about packaging.
Ya, I've been disregarding the variants for the most part. One of the wolves was a pain to get in Canada because it was Hot Topic exclusive. :(

Zeeman

Hey Vaughan amiibros, was just at the EB games at centre and disera (in the Walmart plaza) and saw they had a mega man and 4 sonics on the shelf. I don't know how rare those are but if someone's looking they're there.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2015/02/...s-have-caused-amiibo-and-new-3ds-xl-shortages

Nintendo President Satoru Iwata has explained the shortages of New Nintendo 3DS XL units and the erratic shipments of Amiibo.

Nintendo Everything reports that during a recent investor Q&A, Iwata confirmed that the port strike on the western coast of the United States have largely been to blame for the issues regarding the availability of Nintendo's newest handheld iteration and NFC figurines.

According to Iwata, it's only the heavier objects like the New 3DS XL and Amiibo that have been impacted by the strike. Copies of games are lighter and can be shipped via air, so no shortages of game copies are to be expected. IGN has reached out to Nintendo for comment.

This isn't the first time shipments between America and Japan have been affected by a labor dispute, as Mc Donald's Japan faced a major french fry crisis during the end of 2014.

Aerocia

DBB, you magnificent bastard. I gave them the stink and got $30 this time.

I'm still not paying a scalper 73.95 for a Rosa though. :|

Aerocia

NICE! You could just apply that money to your Rosa? Just a thought.

With the credit, I'd end up paying around MSRP for her off eBay. I'm so doing it. :)

ohlawd said:
so 35 in credit? 5 from the first time and 30 this time

Yeah. It was two different representatives. I guess they don't keep a history if you've dealt with the issue before? :s

So how long has this been going for, and does this mean that some of the rarer Amiibos could be more plentiful than generally assumed?

I don't suspect any wave 1 or 2 figures to all of a sudden show up. Wave 3 has hit the shelves. They wouldn't just leap frog over other stock sitting there. Though...it's possible a restock of some of the first 2 waves is sitting there I guess.

mdubs

Banned
With the credit, I'd end up paying around MSRP for her off eBay. I'm so doing it. :)

Yeah. It was two different representatives. I guess they don't keep a history if you've dealt with the issue before? :s

They don't, I dealt with two reps when my Last of Us code wasn't working on the $340 PS4. It worked out very well for me.

Alright so I have one rosie, one dedede, and a few mega man and sonic left. I'll be in Toronto today only. So if you want these for the cost I paid send me a message in the next hour!

CRA5H

Alright so I have one rosie, one dedede, and a few mega man and sonic left. I'll be in Toronto today only. So if you want these for the cost I paid send me a message in the next hour!
Hey senor, sorry was in meetings all morning. I sent you a pm about Rosie =)

Wow. That's even better then I could have expected. I wonder how many times you could call about a problem before they caught on.

Got another 20.00 from them since I had 2 orders cancelled so I'm not so mad, just disappointed and now instead of full sets I'm just going to buy the ones that have functionality

Kyou

Bah, tomorrow's the last day I try for a Dedede before I give up for good.

This has been way too much of a physical and time investment.

Weiss

Banned
So what are the odds of finding Ike nowadays? I've totally given up on finding Shulk, so I just want to find Ike and Meta Knight for wave 3.

Why do I hold a Sonic in my hands... I only collect the ones I like and I don't care much about Sonic. He's just looking very good! Meh, buying it!

I ended grabbing one as well while at Walmart to pick up Mega Man. It's a pretty decent figure.

CRA5H

Should I hold on to my extra Mega Man and Sonic for future trades then? Seems like these are easily obtainable. Was this their first and last shipment of these possbily? I bet a bunch more are stuck on the west coast due to the strike.

Clov

I've sent Amazon customer service an e-mail as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get something.

This is especially disappointing because I was able to get Marth and the Gamecube adapter through them. I thought I could rely on them, but I suppose not. Maybe I'll just preorder my Amiibos through EB from now on.

Should have called or done a webchat.

Didn't know this was an option. Where can I find the web chat?

I've sent Amazon customer service an e-mail as well. Hopefully I'll be able to get something.

This is especially disappointing because I was able to get Marth and the Gamecube adapter through them. I thought I could rely on them, but I suppose not. Maybe I'll just preorder my Amiibos through EB from now on.

Didn't know this was an option. Where can I find the web chat?

AMAZON CUSTOMER SERVICE PAGE

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/help/customer/display.html/ref=gw_m_b_he?ie=UTF8&nodeId=915404

Aerocia

Wow. That's even better then I could have expected. I wonder how many times you could call about a problem before they caught on.

Soooo I decided to test this out of curiosity.

Turns out they do know if you had resolved the issue, under one condition. I think the key difference is that the first representative didn't send me an e-mail notifying me that I had received credit, whereas the second one did.

Each time was done through web chat, by the way.

Also one of the people who unfortunately had Rosalina cancelled. I got $15, which isn't quite as good as others on here but I suppose it's something. He claims they're "looking into fixing the matter" but I doubt anything will come of that.

i-Jest

Shout outs to Fuzzy for getting me a Rosalina. THAT YOU SO MUCH. Now to wait for my Ike. Then the madness subsides until wave 4 preorders go up.

Should I hold on to my extra Mega Man and Sonic for future trades then? Seems like these are easily obtainable. Was this their first and last shipment of these possbily? I bet a bunch more are stuck on the west coast due to the strike.

I wanna say they'll be more but I really don't know. They are well known and well beloved characters so you'd think they'd be common by that logic. Then again they're not Nintendo first or second party characters so you'd think Nintendo wouldn't give them the same production priority like Toon Link or Bowser. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Thanks again for selling me the megaman and Ike amiibos dude! Sorry I seemed so out of it, was walking around downtown for 7 hours today going to every used bookstore I could find. Am exhausted.
Was nice to meet you though!

Sora_N

I dunno. No one wants Fox and I can't even get rid of mine. Do you really want extra Sonic and Megaman? It's hard to say what the stock will be like in the near future.

CRA5H

Special thanks to senorbivins for the Rosalina hook up! Second amiibo deal I've done so far with this amazing local amiibo community.

Hcf4CPd.jpg

levyjl1988

Banned
Wow, not sure how I missed the web chat.

Anyway, I managed to get $10! Glad I heard about this.

I got $5, those cheapskates. I ordered 3 of them. Then again they offered to give me free priority when the product comes in and for the price I ordered it at.

CRA5H

I wanna say they'll be more but I really don't know. They are well known and well beloved characters so you'd think they'd be common by that logic. Then again they're not Nintendo first or second party characters so you'd think Nintendo wouldn't give them the same production priority like Toon Link or Bowser. I guess you'll have to wait and see.

I dunno. No one wants Fox and I can't even get rid of mine. Do you really want extra Sonic and Megaman? It's hard to say what the stock will be like in the near future.
Yeah its definitely tough to estimate its rarity with Nintendo. Third party characters are historically rare so I'd bet these are going for a limited run. Regardless, I'm giving my friend my two extra sonic and mega man. I will do my best to preorder a Ness and Charizard for next wave. I'm going to skip the ones I want only due to rarity and only buy the ones I actually want. This is the first step for my amiibo rehab.

I got $5, those cheapskates. I ordered 3 of them. Then again they offered to give me free priority when the product comes in and for the price I ordered it at.

Got 5$, went to another chat and asked if for some reason I was a client of lesser importance since others were getting more. Got 10$ added in 2 minutes.

Sora_N

What the hell? When I complained about them canceling my Falcon they didn't offer me shit. I'm gonna go chat with them now and bitch and see.

Sora_N

This thread has become the cancelled orders thread where we seek compensation for emotional pain.

Well I'm fucking pissed, the item was listed as 2-4 weeks when I ordered and I got shit all when I emailed them.

EDIT:

Avnish: Thank you for confirming.
I will go ahead and add $10.00 promotional certificate to your account to help makeup for this issue.

I got $10. Better than nothing.

Top Bottom