• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

*Canadian* Amiibo Discussion Thread: Discussion officielle Amiibo canadienne

Well I'm fucking pissed, the item was listed as 2-4 weeks when I ordered and I got shit all when I emailed them.

EDIT:

Avnish: Thank you for confirming.
I will go ahead and add $10.00 promotional certificate to your account to help makeup for this issue.

I got $10. Better than nothing.

Never email. It gives the chance to pick through your email, and then gives them a chance to compose one. It stops the back and fourth that's a must for these kind of things.

CRA5H

Yeah they offered me $15 credit but I kept pushing and I got one day shipping. Be persistent but don't be rude. It will get you no where.

Sora_N

Never email. It gives the chance to pick through your email, and then gives them a chance to compose one. It stops the back and fourth that's a must for these kind of things.

Sorry I meant I chatted with a CSR and he offered me free shipping or whatever.

Rather take the credit.

levyjl1988

Banned
So I'm guessing the most you can get for compensation is upwards of $15 and priority shipping.

Not sure how I can get them to up the $5 to $10 or even $15. Was never good at complaining without being rude.

Sora_N

So I'm guessing the most you can get for compensation is upwards of $15 and priority shipping.

Not sure how I can get them to up the $5 to $10 or even $15. Was never good at complaining without being rude.

I told them that Captain Falcon never restocked, and then I just told them I heard/know that other people with canceled orders got compensated. Said I feel its unfair if I never got compensated for losing an order, etc.

Was just really firm and he told me he'll give me $10 cuz I guess he knew I was pissed.

Just gotta wait for W4 preorders now.

levyjl1988

Banned
WHAT

i quit this hobby forever

Yeah, it worked if you ordered from them before, but now it has become more difficult.
Take Toon Link for example, sold from amazon.fr and this message will pop up:

GkROajb.png

Aerocia

Well I did what DBB told me. Half of it is just complaining to them over how much they're being sold for by third parties now, why they let you checkout if they didn't have enough of the amiibo, etc.

The other half is just being lucky enough to get someone that will be willing to offer you credit. I didn't settle for $10 and then got offered 30.. you never know until you try.

Anth0ny

I might have to say no to Robin and Lucina at this point. Without the easy option (amazon.fr) I don't have the time or money to drive around the city trying to find them in stores :(

I'm hoping Charizard and Pac Man are commons, as I'll grab them off amazon.ca.

That leaves Ness, which will in all likelihood be the hardest amiibo to find of them all. That's going to be tough.

I might have to say no to Robin and Lucina at this point. Without the easy option (amazon.fr) I don't have the time or money to drive around the city trying to find them in stores :(

I'm hoping Charizard and Pac Man are commons, as I'll grab them off amazon.ca.

That leaves Ness, which will in all likelihood be the hardest amiibo to find of them all. That's going to be tough.

Why not preorder at EB Games?

Weiss

Banned
I wonder how many of Wave 4 will be produced.

Robin and Lucina are main characters of a pretty popular 3DS game.

Charizard and Wario are from two of Nintendo's biggest IPs.

Pac-Man is a gaming icon.

And also Ness.

I'm gonna say Ness and Pac-Man will be the hardest to find.

Anth0ny

I wonder how many of Wave 4 will be produced.

Robin and Lucina are main characters of a pretty popular 3DS game.

Charizard and Wario are from two of Nintendo's biggest IPs.

Pac-Man is a gaming icon.

And also Ness.

I'm gonna say Ness and Pac-Man will be the hardest to find.

Marth is far more well known than Robin and Lucina and they produced shit all.

If I had to guess it would be:

Charizard > Wario >>>>> Pac Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucina=Robin>>> Ness

Charizard and Wario have to be the commons. Pac Man will be maybe hard to find but doable if you do a bit of digging. Lucina, Robin and Ness will be near impossible, and with our luck, retailer exclusive.

explodet

It seems to be from Amazon EU.

Not sure if Amazon.it or Amazon.de blocked import shipping. But it seems Amazon.fr has.
Just now I was able to get a Shiek amiibo order to almost completion on Amazon.fr without any errors. It was shipped and sold by amazon.
It helped that l had checked "Peuvent bénéficier d'AmazonGlobal" to prevent 3rd party sellers from appearing, I guess?

If Amazon EU gets amiibos in stock, this should still work.

Sora_N

Marth is far more well known than Robin and Lucina and they produced shit all.

If I had to guess it would be:

Charizard > Wario >>>>> Pac Man >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Lucina=Robin>>> Ness

Charizard and Wario have to be the commons. Pac Man will be maybe hard to find but doable if you do a bit of digging. Lucina, Robin and Ness will be near impossible, and with our luck, retailer exclusive.

Pacman will probably be like MM and Sonic, they're all 3rd party.

I'm just gonna say that Lucina and Robin will probably be like Ike and Marth, Ness may be like DDD / Villager / WFT.

Fuck you Nintendo. I have been able to get the crap I wanted since W1 but I will never be able to get WFT or Villager for retail ever again so I'm still bitter.

EDIT: Just realized that both FE chars have been rare as hell, Nintendo must think everyone hates FE or no one knows about it.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I am very happy with this megaman. (Thanks again Senor)

Making a promise to myself to only get the characters I really like. Can't collect all of these things, I have no more room and my wallet already hurts.

For wave 4 all I want is a fire emblem character.. maybe both.. and then Ness.

Bring it on.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I got 10$ in Amazon credit. It's better than nothing. Still a piss-off ;.;

I was there when the Future Shop page went live but decided to stick with Amazon.

Uugugu

tiijj

Wave 3 Complete!!!

Meta Knight was lost and found and arrived in perfect condition!

The collection is complete! For now...

One of my many Nintendo shelves

My best friend and fellow Amiibo collector's full display

Nice, I wish I was that organize lol. I'm still missing five for my collection.

CRA5H

The only solution to this problem is to sell all your amiibo.
Highest bidder wins.

Seriously, my gf is trying to convince to sell it. Wave 1 and 2 are unboxed except Link and DK. Everything else is still boxed because I have no more room to display them.

MikeDip

Highest bidder wins.

Seriously, my gf is trying to convince to sell it. Wave 1 and 2 are unboxed except Link and DK. Everything else is still boxed because I have no more room to display them.
Nooo I was kidding, don't give in and sell.
Just buy a new shelf. And peach.

CRA5H

Nooo I was kidding, don't give in and sell.
Just buy a new shelf. And peach.
I was about to buy the IKEA glass display for $60. At least I could also display my MM LE W/ skull kid and my MM LE 3DSXL. I also could display my funko pop collection..

Oh man, it's happening.

MikeDip

I was about to buy the IKEA glass display for $60. At least I could also display my MM LE W/ skull kid and my MM LE 3DSXL. I also could display my funko pop collection..

Oh man, it's happening.

I got that very display for my SMT/Persona demons/figures and I put my amiibo on the bottom shelf. It's a nice case, get it.

Top Bottom