• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
but i take it you cant return for full store credit something youve been playing for a couple months now :(
i would really love to get full store credit for la noire and make money on it

Onion_Relish said:
but i take it you cant return for full store credit something youve been playing for a couple months now :(
i would really love to get full store credit for la noire and make money on it
Obviously not. It's buy it now, and return in 7 days.

Maddog

Do it with Portal 2 for PS3 and get Free Steam copy.
3AQmK.gif

vulva

anyone know if there are any coupons for an m11x or alienware product on dell's website? I'm looking at those badass US prices and wish I could get in on them. I've been using an m11x while on vacation for the past two weeks and really love it. Hoping I can get one at a more reasonable price than 1k.

Thanks for anyone in the know. I love you.

Ondore said:
So what are the odds that a random Costco's going to have 3DSs in stock on say, Saturday?
I was at my local Costco today and they didn't even seem to be carrying any 3DS's in the gaming section. Maybe they were sold out, but they've always had plenty every other time I've been there.

Keyouta

Is there any service for game rentals in Canada as these is gamefly for the US. If so, is it worth trying out?

JoeFenix

Keyouta said:
Is there any service for game rentals in Canada as these is gamefly for the US. If so, is it worth trying out?

I have been using GameAccess.ca for a couple years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. Excellent service!

Neki

AlphaTwo00 said:
HUGE DEAL:

Gamestop is doing a "Why Rent" promo for the month: Return the game in 7 days for full store credit:

I wonder if I can return my DW3 that I bought at launch for store credit, lol.

I'm thinking of LA Noire, that looks really good.

C-Jo

JoeFenix said:
I have been using GameAccess.ca for a couple years now and have nothing but good things to say about them. Excellent service!
I used GameAccess for about three months and I thought it was a terrible, money wasting service. I spent literally half of every month waiting for games to be shipped one way or the other. When I actually got a game, it was like the 8th game on my list, and not something I wanted to play all that badly anyway.

Living in Vancouver + shipping to and from Quebec + Canada Post sucking balls = useless to me.

Firestorm said:
I wouldn't return the Amazon one. I'm sure you'll find someone who'll kill for it in Vancouver. Make someone happy and sell it to them at cost (or for a tidy profit)!

Damn too late!! D:
I didn't think of that.

I did a search on vancouver craigslist, and most people are asking for below cost, so nevermind. At least ask for cover costs. :\

Azih

Keyouta said:
You could try www.dvdlink.ca I've been using them for just movies for a while now and they're pretty good, haven't dabbled into the game side. At first glance they're significantly cheaper than GameAccess.

ShaneB

Nobiru said:
Ok CanadaGAF. We need a shirt on the NeoGAF store pronto!

I had an idea, but not exactly a photoshop pro, so couldn't really spit it out.

Basically the canadian flag in NeoGAF colours, with the GAF logo inside the maple leaf. Nothing fancy, just how I like it. Or not even the flag, just a Maple Leaf with the GAF logo inside it.

I think we should make something subtle and classy, Ive got no ideas right now, but I will think on it, we can pool ideas, maybe even make a few.

Damn Pony GAF has the best art design so far.

Firestorm

I have a shirt idea I might throw in the ring as well. Let's make a couple and if we can submit all, submit all and if not pick the best for Evilore to put up.

Nobiru said:
Damn Pony GAF has the best art design so far.
I know right? Whatever my dislikes for ponies might be, that is one brilliant design and hits on every level.

I am definitely all for a canada gaf shirt. Maybe something about not being able to keep politics out our gaming topics or any canada related topics for that matter.

Firestorm

Could just have a map of Canada with the Canadian cities with hockey teams labelled showing missles flying between them to show how every argument ends ;)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Firestorm said:
Could just have a map of Canada with the Canadian cities with hockey teams labelled showing missles flying between them to show how every argument ends ;)
I guess that means no Toronto. :(

Mikey Jr.

Kazerei said:
Same idea as the top banner in this thread. *shrugs*

canadagaf.png

I love it. Great design and clever.

Except for one thing. I know why the gray is there. But it really clashes with the red, and doesn't look good. Maybe if the background was darker, and the gray was white?

Firestorm

AlphaTwo00 said:
Or have all cities aim missiles towards Toronto. :(
Hahahaha I was going to post that then backed off :p

I love that shirt design. Would love to see it on a black background or something with white bottom.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Man, if this design comes out, I'm going to be forced to spend 50$ on nerd gaming forum t-shirts.

Firestorm said:
Hahahaha I was going to post that then backed off :p

I love that shirt design. Would love to see it on a black background or something with white bottom.
I'm allowed cause I'm in Toronto (well, close enough).

I do support the leaf logo. Is that high enough resolution?

Mikey Jr.

Kazerei said:
Looks like a Pokeball :>

A little, haha, but I would be more willing to spend money on this one then the other to be honest.

What does everyone else think? Maybe keep the red and white, but on a dark grey background? I like the way it looks now though.

Btw, not sure if you created the design, but great job, seriously. I would never have thought to do it like that.

Roto13

I just saw a used copy of Jump Ultimate Stars at Game Centre on Yonge in Toronto for $25. Notable because Jump Ultimate Stars is an import game and therefore rare in Canada. :p I wouldn't be able to buy it until next week and I'm sure it will be gone by then anyway.

Kazerei

Banned
Here's a lower contrast version.

The idea isn't really mine, I got the inspiration from the top banner. But I thought it could look nicer, so I tried making it myself.

EDIT: See post #708

Canada Post's website told me that I would finally get my copy of Catherine today. Turns out I am a naive sucker. Now I have to figure out what else I am going to do over the weekend.

Mikey Jr.

Kazerei said:
Here's a lower contrast version.

The idea isn't really mine, I got the inspiration from the top banner. But I thought it could look nicer, so I tried making it myself.

Both grey and black background look nice. I still think black looks best though. The red and white really pop on the black, and it isn't immediately apparent that it is a neogaf t-shirt which I like, but still a neogaf t-shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom