• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firestorm

Already have Uncharted 3 pre-ordered through the Best Buy deal but I think I'm gonna bite on this.
Edit: Actually, nothing I want in the collector's edition. Probably not a good idea for me to do this...
Kazerei said:
Just submitted this, no idea if it will ever end up on the store.

I didn't add any text cause I'm terrible at picking fonts :\

http://www.eng.uwaterloo.ca/~v5lam/mockup_blue.jpg
Doesn't need text. I'm quite a fan of the Red / Black like Hockey Canada. Although the Red / White lets me double it up as a Pokemon Team Canada shirt.

Anth0ny

enzo_gt said:
This may be outdated, but it could be of help.

Also I could've swore the dude who makes that guide updates it much more often hmm.

EDIT: Here it is.

lol that thread is so perfect, but probably outdated.

I should probably have mentioned... I have no idea how to build a PC. Like I said, my PC is 10 years old (it's also broken), so I think I'm better off just buying a pre-assembled PC for ~$600, then maybe upgrading certain components when the time is right (which is where that awesome PC Buying Guide comes in handy!)

Anything good here? I have mad Future Shop gift cards.

Mikey Jr.

DevelopmentArrested said:
via: GameDealsCanada Game Deals Canada
Pre-order: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition is $59.99 ($40 off) @ Amazon.ca - http://ow.ly/5Ye7p

Does Futureshop price match Amazon?

I'm getting 15 bucks worth of those rebates, so 45 bucks for a CE of U3 would be amazing.

Mikey Jr.

Anth0ny said:

I should probably have mentioned... I have no idea how to build a PC. Like I said, my PC is 10 years old (it's also broken), so I think I'm better off just buying a pre-assembled PC for ~$600, then maybe upgrading certain components when the time is right (which is where that awesome PC Buying Guide comes in handy!)

Sweet Jesus. Don't buy a premade computer from Futureshop of all places!!!

NCIX.com

Build a computer there, and for 50 bucks they will assemble it for you and test it. You will get WAY more mileage out of your 600 on there then you will buying a PC from FS.

Firestorm

Anth0ny said:

You don't need an idea of how to build a PC. Just get NCIX to build it for you for $40 - $50. There's no way you'll find a $600 PC at Future Shop that even comes close to running games on Dolphin. Use your gift cards for something else or sell them for computer part money.

Remember to get a price match on the parts by looking for cheaper prices on http://www.pricebat.ca/

Anth0ny

Mikey Jr. said:
Sweet Jesus. Don't buy a premade computer from Futureshop of all places!!!

NCIX.com

Build a computer there, and for 50 bucks they will assemble it for you and test it. You will get WAY more mileage out of your 600 on there then you will buying a PC from FS.

Okay I had a feeling I was way off :lol

Off to NCIX I go.

Rengoku

DevelopmentArrested said:
via: GameDealsCanada Game Deals Canada
Pre-order: Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Collector's Edition is $59.99 ($40 off) @ Amazon.ca - http://ow.ly/5Ye7p

Phew! got it in time. Don't really like what's in it though, would much prefer a full size artbook like what they did for UC2 that was published by Ballistics.

Solune

radiantdreamer said:
Yeah, I heard the rumors that there will be a $100 price drop from Sony, sometime soon. But if you're keen on getting your PS3 fixed, there are a few "unauthorized" places that do it. Just look on craigslist or something. It'll probably be cheaper than buying a replacement, and your warranty is out already so it might be worth a shot. My friend did this, and now his PS3 is fine.
Had mine repaired twice; once by a craiglister and once at a service depot on Rupert and Broadway. both times the board and it's the same issue again so definitely need to get a new one, and need to deactivate this one and pull the data. First console to actually give me a really hard time, but it sucks even more with not being able to transfer data without the console alive.

WEGGLES

firehawk12 said:
Walmart Canada must have lowered the price ahead of schedule like Walmart US then.

Too bad the three 3ds's I got have dead pixels. And I'm not welling to get a cosmo black version. Ah well, dead pixels aren't that bad I suppose.
FUCK THAT!

Keep getting a new one til you get a good one. I tried to convince myself that with my DSphat and GBAMicro. Never good. Never not notice a bright red square. :[

I either lucked out with my first 3DS or just haven't noticed any dead pixels. Fingers crossed I don't see any (because they're not there, or I just don't see them... don't care).

StevieP

Banned
WEGGLES said:
FUCK THAT!

Keep getting a new one til you get a good one. I tried to convince myself that with my DSphat and GBAMicro. Never good. Never not notice a bright red square. :[

I either lucked out with my first 3DS or just haven't noticed any dead pixels. Fingers crossed I don't see any (because they're not there, or I just don't see them... don't care).

Mine is dead pixel free, my brother's has 1 and he doesn't seem to care.

Both the store where you bought it or Nintendo customer support will replace it for you, so feel free to put either to use.

Takao

Banned
Look what I got today via Canada Post:

IRKjb.jpg

SUCESS! No import charges either! <3 Play-Asia

Now it's time to wait for that package I ordered from an eBay seller located in Ontario ...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
StevieP said:
Mine is dead pixel free, my brother's has 1 and he doesn't seem to care.

Both the store where you bought it or Nintendo customer support will replace it for you, so feel free to put either to use.
Honestly, after going through three, I don't want to bug the store anymore, especially since it's the only Futureshop in town.

I've heard Nintendo won't do anything if it's only one pixel though, since that's considered "normal".

StevieP

Banned
Lone_Prodigy said:
$20 PC games at HMV including Starcraft 2, CoD Blops, WoW Cataclysm CE.

Is there a full list anywhere? The hmv.ca website is pathetic in this regard. I already have 2 copies of SC2 and 1 copy of Blops, but... at that price... lol.

I've heard Nintendo won't do anything if it's only one pixel though, since that's considered "normal".

I've heard the exact opposite. Worst case scenario, complain enough and it will be taken care of. Nintendo generally has good support. Hell, if you get someone that absolutely won't swap the system just hang up and call back for another CSR.

BocoDragon

or, How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Realize This Assgrab is Delicious
firehawk12 said:
Honestly, after going through three, I don't want to bug the store anymore, especially since it's the only Futureshop in town.

I've bugged Nintendo over one dead pixel and they took care of it. Why not give them a call and see what they can do for you?

Anth0ny said:
Sup guys,

I looking to finally upgrade my 10 year old PC. I'm working with a ~$600 budget, and my only request is that it can run games on Dolphin. I'm referring to this handy guide but I really have no idea what I'm reading or what I'm looking for. Would a modest/good set-up do the job? Anyone have any recommendations? Can I pick one up at Future Shop or something?

Any help is much appreciated!

Maybe this thread?
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=417014

RS4-

Lone_Prodigy said:
$20 PC games at HMV including Starcraft 2, CoD Blops, WoW Cataclysm CE.
Got denied to PM at staples who told me diff stories over the phone and in person why they could then couldn't do it

Anth0ny

Firestorm said:
You don't need an idea of how to build a PC. Just get NCIX to build it for you for $40 - $50. There's no way you'll find a $600 PC at Future Shop that even comes close to running games on Dolphin. Use your gift cards for something else or sell them for computer part money.

Remember to get a price match on the parts by looking for cheaper prices on http://www.pricebat.ca/

I love you.

Tiktaalik

Bestbuy and Futureshop are pretty savvy. They were selling Nintendogs/Pilotwings for cheap but in light of the 3DS price drop have raised the prices back to full price.

Takao

Banned
TheNiX said:
Anyone know if there's a Kinect deal going on anywhere or if one might be coming up?

Yeah, I'm kicking myself over missing the $99 Wal-Mart deal a few weeks back. :(

So, does anyone know if Best Buy offers price adjusting?

Considering that Wal-Mart Canada doesn't seem to be doing the early 3DS price drop, I'm considering just getting one somewhere else tomorrow and then getting the price adjusted.

DJ_Lae

Bah, the HMVs here in Victoria don't even carry PC games. Guy working at the Hillside one was pretty nice, though, said he'd check around and see if any other location could send one over.

Called two Toronto stores while I was there, too, and hilariously they cut him off almost before he'd finished reading the sku off.

Vamphuntr

Gunloc said:

Considering that Wal-Mart Canada doesn't seem to be doing the early 3DS price drop, I'm considering just getting one somewhere else tomorrow and then getting the price adjusted.

Yeah they will pay you the difference if the price is changed within 30 days of your purchase.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/help/wh...21465eba341e5bc2d9a035en06&HelpTitleId=HC1001

Either prior to purchase or within 30 days of purchase (14 days for computers, monitors, printers, notebook computers, camcorders, digital cameras, radar detectors, cellular and wireless devices, portable DVD players, and air conditioners) should you find a lower advertised price, including those on the Internet from an authorized Canadian dealer, we will match that price and beat it by giving you an additional 10% of the difference.

Simply present us with your original Best Buy or BestBuy.ca sales receipt, along with proof that the item you bought is being advertised at a lower price. Once our staff verifies that the item is in stock and available for immediate sale and delivery at the advertised price, you will receive your refund. If you purchased the item from BestBuy.ca and there is no Best Buy store in your area, you can contact us 24 hours a day, 7 days a week — we’re here to help.

The advertised item must be of the same brand and model as the purchased product, must be new and factory sealed, and subject to a manufacturer's warranty applicable in Canada. The advertised item must be sold through an authorized dealer located in Canada. Advertised prices must be in Canadian dollars. Products advertised on the web will be calculated to include all charges applicable for next-day delivery to your home address. Our Lowest Price Guarantee does not apply to advertising errors or misprints, special educational prices, restricted offers, mail order offers, rebates, coupons, premiums, free or bonus offers, OEM products, limited or minimum quantity or limited time offers, close-outs, liquidations, clearances, and special financing offers.

bs000

Gunloc said:

Yes, BestBuy does price match. If you buy something now and you find it cheaper within 30 days, take your receipt back and you get refunded the difference.

edit: Oops, someone beat me to it. If it seems like my response was way later, it's cause I had this opened in another tab for a little while xP. How do I delete posts? D:

BALLS

The futureshop thing is over and i didnt get my fucking points. Only got 5 bucks worth. Whatever, hope i win won of those grand prizes. Gotta make sure to subscribe to the deals thread from now on.

jcutner

Mikey Jr.

Onion_Relish said:
BALLS

The futureshop thing is over and i didnt get my fucking points. Only got 5 bucks worth. Whatever, hope i win won of those grand prizes. Gotta make sure to subscribe to the deals thread from now on.

Mine says 16 points, but the third tier didn't unlock. Stuck on the 5 dollar sign.

Hope I get it.

Fuck it, 50 buck Uncharted 3 aint bad. Hopefully there is a deal for it sometime.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mikey Jr. said:
Mine says 16 points, but the third tier didn't unlock. Stuck on the 5 dollar sign.

Hope I get it.

Fuck it, 50 buck Uncharted 3 aint bad. Hopefully there is a deal for it sometime.
There was during E3. It (along with many other preorders) were $40.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
BocoDragon said:
I've bugged Nintendo over one dead pixel and they took care of it. Why not give them a call and see what they can do for you?
1 pixel is not worth dealing with UPS/Porulator/FedEx sadly. Hooray for bad courier delivery services!

Ondore

So I got my 3DS at FutureShop on Thursday on the last day of the $198 Walmart sale (pricematch). Does FS have a price protection policy, and did I void it by going for the price match?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Ondore said:
So I got my 3DS at FutureShop on Thursday on the last day of the $198 Walmart sale (pricematch). Does FS have a price protection policy, and did I void it by going for the price match?
They do and you didn't.

Mikey Jr.

Fuzzy said:
There was during E3. It (along with many other preorders) were $40.

Right.

FUCK.

I didn't get it. I am such an ASSHOLE.

I didn't know I would love the beta as much as I did. I didn't like U2 MP, so I thought I would wait for a U3 price drop. But the MP beta floored me, and now I have to get it day one.

Dammit.

So I picked up a 3DS at Best Buy, and was reassured that I could get the price difference back on Friday.

One of the employees even knew about the free games deal, so he knew the score.

WEGGLES

Gunloc said:
So I picked up a 3DS at Best Buy, and was reassured that I could get the price difference back on Friday.

One of the employees even knew about the free games deal, so he knew the score.
Lady at futureshop said tons had been in to do what I did a week-ish ago. That they had gone through all but 2 3DSs.

I hope this price drop does well for Ninty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom