• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
AlphaTwo00 said:
I'm allowed cause I'm in Toronto (well, close enough).

I do support the leaf logo. Is that high enough resolution?
I used to work for the team, and I will gladly support the assertion that Toronto doesn't have NHL representation.

Vamphuntr

Takao said:
My brother got dinged for $78 in customs on Wednesday. It was UPS, and it had to be CC or Cheque.

I asked the guy once and he told me it was for security reason. Some drivers were mugged so now they are taking precautions.

BY2K

Membero Americo
Kazerei said:
Same idea as the top banner in this thread. *shrugs*

EDIT: Thumbnail'd all the images for easier viewing. Click for full size.

For the love of great justice and all that is holy, PLEASE submit this for a T-Shirt design!

Mikey Jr.

Kazerei said:
I submitted two designs, one for light backgrounds, and one for dark backgrounds. I re-did them from scratch, so they are slightly different.

Dark version (bottom half white)

Light version (bottom half grey)

Definitely going to get the dark background one. The red and white one is red and white, right? On my screen, it looks like a really light gray. This because the background is white? How is it going to look like on the t-shirt?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kazerei said:
Yay or nay, HockeyGAF?

There was one that used the silhouette of a player - sort of like the NHLPA logo, but in orange. Not sure why that didn't go through... maybe too close to the actual logo?

Kazerei

Banned
Mikey Jr. said:
Definitely going to get the dark background one. The red and white one is red and white, right? On my screen, it looks like a really light gray. This because the background is white? How is it going to look like on the t-shirt?
The bottom is a very light grey. It'll look white on a black background though.

firehawk12 said:
There was one that used the silhouette of a player - sort of like the NHLPA logo, but in orange. Not sure why that didn't go through... maybe too close to the actual logo?
Yeah, I guess ripping off the NHL logo could be a problem...

EDIT: Mockups done

Love the logo.

What do you guys think of making it even more like the Hockey Canada logo? Top red, bottom black, and having the 'N' and a slight border around it all in white? it would make it easier to stick on any coloured shirt that way.

4856.jpg

Maybe even having CanadaGAF at the bottom? and just a small 'NeoGAF in white on the back just below the collar.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Saw this on CAG.

I found this on http://forum.smartcanucks.ca/canadian-freebies-samples/

This will only take 5 min

FS is giving away free $20 GC like there facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/FutureShop?sk=app_150241448387363

And click on the Tapped in App and go to the bottom of the page in this Screenshot here

http://imageshack.us/f/11/002august062011.jpg/

click on Basic or Advance basic is easier and follow the steps

For ever 5 points its $5 GC

Once you click on one of the task it will say "Full Detail" click that and ill let you enter the code

Here are the answers to most of the basic questions

The Contra Code - BCF984
Solve the Puzzle - A5G64S
Future Blocks - A7GSX3
Gerbil Hunt - A6X3YD

Tapped in Trivia 1 - B (Angry Birds)
Tapped in Trivia 2 - A (Mayor)
Tapped in Trivia 3 - A (Facebook)
Tapped in Trivia 4 - B (Escaped Animals)
Tapped in Trivia 5 - B (130)
Tapped in Trivia 6 - B (Farmville)

Kazerei

Banned
Just submitted this, no idea if it will ever end up on the store.

I didn't add any text cause I'm terrible at picking fonts :\

Tiktaalik

Apparently the 3DS is $169 at Costco. Also Nintendogs for $10. This was reported on cheapassgamer for Kanata but I'm going to check out the Vancity Costco later.

isny

napkin dispenser
Tiktaalik said:
Apparently the 3DS is $169 at Costco. Also Nintendogs for $10. This was reported on cheapassgamer for Kanata but I'm going to check out the Vancity Costco later.

This has been the case for a week or two now. RFD posted both of these deals awhile ago =)

Razorskin

----- ------
firehawk12 said:

82HDf.png

0wTAU.png

These are really great.

I wonder if I could draw stuff in Forza and some how export it out, or take a picture of my screen and get someone to recreate it. I love making stuff with Forza tools.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
RS4- said:
Too bad only one of the trivia questions was active :(
That sucks, all six were there when I posted it here and I got all of them. Once they verify my twitter ones I should have $20 worth.

Mikey Jr.

Fuzzy said:
That sucks, all six were there when I posted it here and I got all of them. Once they verify my twitter ones I should have $20 worth.

Can you create another FB account, and do it again?

Takao

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
I asked the guy once and he told me it was for security reason. Some drivers were mugged so now they are taking precautions.

I hope Canada Post won't do this, or at least won't threaten to send my stuff to Steeles and Jane like UPS did to my brother.

Kazerei

Banned
Thanks guys.

The NHLPA ones look pretty nice too, hopefully they get posted. I'd love to have a hockey-themed shirt, but I don't have any good ideas myself. Maybe someone from the NHL OT will step up

Vamphuntr

Takao said:
I hope Canada Post won't do this, or at least won't threaten to send my stuff to Steeles and Jane like UPS did to my brother.

Canada Post will accept Cash. Just make sure you have coins because the drivers rarely have change.

Takao

Banned
Vamphuntr said:
Canada Post will accept Cash. Just make sure you have coins because the drivers rarely have change.

I have like $20 in loonies, toonies, nickels, dimes, etc. so I should be good, haha. I just hope the most basic Play-Asia shipping is done through Canada Post. They have UPS, and other carrier options, so I imagine it would be.

Vamphuntr

Takao said:
I have like $20 in loonies, toonies, nickels, dimes, etc. so I should be good, haha. I just hope the most basic Play-Asia shipping is done through Canada Post. They have UPS, and other carrier options, so I imagine it would be.

Yes the most basic one is Canada Post since I ordered from them in July and it was delivered by CP( a PS2 game worth 40$) and I didn't pay any fees.

I don't know if you guys know about this website, but I really like Game Access. They are based in Montreal and are independent. You can rent and buy games from their website, used games and new. They also have a "Deal of the Day" in which they sell a game, either used or new, at reduced price. You should check them out. What really sold me though, was they were among the very few who were selling the Limited Editions of the original BlazBlue, back in June of 2009. Amazon.ca didn't even have them I believe; I know I had a hard time finding one, and then I found this little gem. Great website.

Shinyo

Neo Member
Solune said:
So my PS3 just died today and the BestBuy deal is over 2 days ago... Any upcoming deals at all?
I'm pretty sure something will happen in a couple weeks if you can wait that long.

Mikey Jr.

Solune said:
So my PS3 just died today and the BestBuy deal is over 2 days ago... Any upcoming deals at all?

Wait for Gamescom. Rumour is that Sony might drop the price of the PS3 there, possibly by a 100 bucks. 50 at the worst.

Solune said:

Yeah, I heard the rumors that there will be a $100 price drop from Sony, sometime soon. But if you're keen on getting your PS3 fixed, there are a few "unauthorized" places that do it. Just look on craigslist or something. It'll probably be cheaper than buying a replacement, and your warranty is out already so it might be worth a shot. My friend did this, and now his PS3 is fine.

RS4-

I'm at 15 right now for the FS thing; waiting for twitter credits but did some of the 3 pt ones for the hell of it.

Anth0ny

Sup guys,

I looking to finally upgrade my 10 year old PC. I'm working with a ~$600 budget, and my only request is that it can run games on Dolphin. I'm referring to this handy guide but I really have no idea what I'm reading or what I'm looking for. Would a modest/good set-up do the job? Anyone have any recommendations? Can I pick one up at Future Shop or something?

Any help is much appreciated!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anth0ny said:
Sup guys,

I looking to finally upgrade my 10 year old PC. I'm working with a ~$600 budget, and my only request is that it can run games on Dolphin. I'm referring to this handy guide but I really have no idea what I'm reading or what I'm looking for. Would a modest/good set-up do the job? Anyone have any recommendations? Can I pick one up at Future Shop or something?

Any help is much appreciated!
This may be outdated, but it could be of help.

Also I could've swore the dude who makes that guide updates it much more often hmm.

EDIT: Here it is.

after futureshop verifies some of my twitter shit and smoe other stuff i should be at around 16 17, depending i might head to the beach and make a sandcastle :3

Takao

Banned
Onion_Relish said:
after futureshop verifies some of my twitter shit and smoe other stuff i should be at around 16 17, depending i might head to the beach and make a sandcastle :3

Once they verify my twitter jank, and my love of electronics, and things that broke I should have 20, yay!

I haven't been to FutureShop in years.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Sony started emailing offers about their identify theft protection:
http://www.playstation.ca/identity-theft-protection/main.aspx?lang=EN

It's offered by a company called "CSIdentity". I wonder if this will end up being "get a year free and then subscribe!" type service.

Kazerei said:
The bottom is a very light grey. It'll look white on a black background though.

Yeah, I guess ripping off the NHL logo could be a problem...

EDIT: Mockups done

I am going to buy this.

firehawk12 said:
Sony started emailing offers about their identify theft protection:
http://www.playstation.ca/identity-theft-protection/main.aspx?lang=EN

It's offered by a company called "CSIdentity". I wonder if this will end up being "get a year free and then subscribe!" type service.

Got one today as well. Took them long enough but this is a nice effort that they are making.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom