• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
How do you go about asking Best Buy for Pre-Order DLC for a game that has been released for a month?
Why do people keep suggesting this on RFD?

snorggy

Popped by the Rogers on Jasper Ave in edmonton. It wasn't completely barren for selection, but a used copy of Darkness II was $59.99 (?!?) and I had a hard time finding a 2nd game to offset that ridiculousness so I walked out with nothing.

isny

napkin dispenser

Vamphuntr

I think this is an Canadian XBL offer (prizes valued in CDN$). I got this in my email box and was shocked at how utterly horrible it is. Buy as many gold memberships as you can to get more chance to win? Turn auto renew on for more entries? Dreadful. MS has no shame.

Q9hol.png

Got my 15 off coupon from eb games apology team. Now the question is, what do i get? I've been meaning to preorder dragons dogma, but I have future shop money to spend... Also i already have a dummy preorder up for darksiders 2. Can you swap a preorder from a store to online?

kurahadol

Stopped off at Rogers and lucked into Skyrim and Resistance 3 as a BOGO for $30, pretty pumped.

The rest of the selection was pretty picked over, had FFXIII-2 and Darkness 2 at 59.99, but didn't really seem worth it.

schlew

Best Buy Reward Zone question: I currently have 873 pending points. What should my certificate preference be if I want access to the full amount? Is that even possible? The wording on the site seems to be that no matter what I'll always have 400 points sitting there. Thanks in advance.

zroid

Banned
Best Buy Reward Zone question: I currently have 873 pending points. What should my certificate preference be if I want access to the full amount? Is that even possible? The wording on the site seems to be that no matter what I'll always have 400 points sitting there. Thanks in advance.

Hmm, not entirely sure what you mean, but...

Either way though, there are three thresholds (400, 800, 1600), and depending on which you choose, the system will simply wait until you reach it before issuing any certificates. It doesn't matter how many points you actually have at the time you pass the threshold; your certificates will be issued in the highest possible multiple of 400.

eg: your setting is for 800; you sit at 500 and have 800 points pending. when those 800 are accrued, you'll have 1300 points, and will receive a $10 certificate (800 pts) + a $5 certificate (400 pts), and have 100 left over.

If you set your threshold at either 400 or 800, you'll be issued a $10 certificate when you get those points, and have 73 left over.

schlew

Either way though, there are three thresholds (400, 800, 1600), and depending on which you choose, the system will simply wait until you reach it before issuing any certificates. It doesn't matter how many points you actually have at the time you pass the threshold; your certificates will be issued in the highest possible multiple of 400.

eg: your setting is for 800; you sit at 500 and have 800 points pending. when those 800 are accrued, you'll have 1300 points, and will receive a $10 certificate (800 pts) + a $5 certificate (400 pts), and have 100 left over.

If you set your threshold at either 400 or 800, you'll be issued a $10 certificate when you get those points, and have 73 left over.

Awesome, thanks a ton.

Firestorm

Superstore
Apparently no tax and 320GB PS3 with Uncharted 3 is $250 today ($50 off) making for a pretty great deal if you want one. They also have Heavy Rain for $30. Today only I think.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Yeah, I have mine set at $20 (1600 points) because it's just not worth my time of going into the store for anything less than that. Plus, getting a $20 certificate is perfect for picking up a PSN card if I don't want any other game before the certificate expires.

zroid

Banned
Yeah, I have mine set at $20 (1600 points) because it's just not worth my time of going into the store for anything less than that. Plus, getting a $20 certificate is perfect for picking up a PSN card if I don't want any other game before the certificate expires.

indeed, they expire too quickly to make it worthwhile for anything less. occasionally if there's something i want, and i have >1200, then i'll temporarily switch it down to 800.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Honestly, I've been doing the "buy something then return it immediately after to get a gift card" thing with the points.

I don't mind them expiring, but not being able to use them online is really dumb.

Leeness

Does Best Buy's shipping tracking ever work? Haha. I don't think I've ever seen it working from the site.

Which company do they use, so maybe I can go track it myself with the tracking code they gave me? I've tried UPS, Canada Post, Purolator and DHL so far and none seem to track with my code, so... eh. Fedex is ~down~ so I wouldn't be surprised if all the fail is amassed together.

I just want to know where my Frozen Planet is. D:

I was at walmart today and seems they are bundling MLB the show with the Vita for 250 dollars. Not a super deal but better than a Vita by itself right?

First time pre-ordering a game that's being sent directly to my house. Are the deliveries usually on time?

I pre-ordered Diablo 3:CE from Best Buy, and was wondering when it usually comes around.

First time pre-ordering a game that's being sent directly to my house. Are the deliveries usually on time?

I pre-ordered Diablo 3:CE from Best Buy, and was wondering when it usually comes around.

lol

It could be any time between 7 am and 6 pm. Depends on the courier schedule in your area.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone seen a copy of Mass Effect 1 anywhere in Toronto? Some reason its become a rarity.

I was looking for it as well, but I wanted a new copy - I just ended up ordering it off of amazon for about $25.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Went to my local Rogers at BCC. Pretty close to cleaned out. Nabbed LA Noire and Fable III out of impulse. They still had a copy of Mass Effect 3 left for PS3, lol.

zroid

Banned
The Best Buy $10 off any $30+ game coupon is back.

download coupon here

- expires April 29th.
- valid in-store only
- cannot be used on discounted games
- can be used for price matches (if it works the same way as last time)

Lambtron

Unconfirmed Member
Superstore
Apparently no tax and 320GB PS3 with Uncharted 3 is $250 today ($50 off) making for a pretty great deal if you want one. They also have Heavy Rain for $30. Today only I think.
Thanks for the heads up on the no tax deal. The 3DS was on sale for $149.99, too, so I was able to snag one for my wife. Couldn't get one when they were $129.99 at Wal-Mart, but this was pretty close to the same amount when all was said and done.

i-Lo

Wow, it looks like TW2EE's (for 360) price went up by $10. Amazon, BB and FS had it at $50 before and now it looks all of them went the GS's route.

zroid

Banned
Just got this email too. Does $29.99 work? Or is it really a $34.99 and up coupon?

PRETTY sure it has to be actually $30+

It's devious really since there are so few games priced between $30 and $39.99. In most cases, this is really more of a $10 off $40 coupon.

Last time they had this deal, I managed to price match a game I wanted such that it ended up being *just* over $30, so I got lucky. Probably won't happen again.

Firestorm

The Best Buy $10 off any $30+ game coupon is back.

download coupon here

- expires April 29th.
- valid in-store only
- cannot be used on discounted games
- can be used for price matches (if it works the same way as last time)

Yeah, it came up as $0 off and the woman insisted it was a US coupon because the URL says bestbuy.com -.- Wasn't willing to argue with her today. Hopefully it starts working. I have no idea why I don't get these emails I swear I was signed up for them...

Yeah, it came up as $0 off and the woman insisted it was a US coupon because the URL says bestbuy.com -.- Wasn't willing to argue with her today. Hopefully it starts working. I have no idea why I don't get these emails I swear I was signed up for them...

It was doing the same thing for me as well, however they eventually got the service desk people to do something and they gave me my $10 off. Hopefully they figure their shit out for you guys who haven't used it yet, cause I kinda got the feeling like they just gave it to me and the coupon never actually worked.

zroid

Banned

It was doing the same thing for me as well, however they eventually got the service desk people to do something and they gave me my $10 off. Hopefully they figure their shit out for you guys who haven't used it yet, cause I kinda got the feeling like they just gave it to me and the coupon never actually worked.

Nice work, Best Buy.

Wow, it looks like TW2EE's (for 360) price went up by $10. Amazon, BB and FS had it at $50 before and now it looks all of them went the GS's route.

???

nooo, I was gonna buy witcher 2 today for the 360

fml!

Ooooohhhhhhhhh.....

Thats a really fucked up way of shortening Witcher 2, haha. Never seen it, and it was confusing as fuck, haha. Dont shorten games that are basically just 1 word !! :p

krae_man

Has anyone here upgraded their PS3 hard drive? If I do a back up, take the old hard drive out, put the bigger one in, then do a restore will it restore everything fine, or am I going to have to deactivate my system, put the new hard drive in and reactivate it and redownload everything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom