• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mikey Jr.

Firestorm said:
Oops! Please correct the errors below to continue.

Currently Killzone 3: Helghast Edition is not available for purchase and has been removed from your cart.

=[

Too bad. 30 bucks is a crazy deal.

Lostconfused said:
Well took forever but I got my Catherine LE. Now to let it sit unopened for a week since I already started playing Yakuza 3.

Oh!! I'm still waiting for mine! VGP better not fail me!

In the meantime, I just started Mass Effect 1. Seemed like we're sorta in the same boat lol!

TheExodu5

Banned
3 copies of Killzone 3 Helgaft edition at EB Games - Billings Bridge. There's a Catherine PS3 Love is Over edition as well.

Also, there are a bunch of games that have the "play for 7 days, get full trade-in credit" deal. Among them is Portal 2 PS3, which is crazy. Buy Portal 2 PS3 -> redeem code for Steam -> trade-in. Free copy of Portal 2 PC!

radiantdreamer said:
Oh!! I'm still waiting for mine! VGP better not fail me!

In the meantime, I just started Mass Effect 1. Seemed like we're sorta in the same boat lol!
Well they also managed to send me what appear to be brand new copies of Ar Tonelico 1 and 2 that I ordered at the same time. Found that a bit surprising.

Stoffinator

Maddog said:
Bought a Helghast Edition. Now I'm at the "Why the hell did I buy this?" stage.

Because the head is cool. Who doesn't like head?

I was kind of down that it wasn't a hard head, but a soft one. Oh well, cause you don't want to be banging people with a hard head.

This isn't strictly a Canadian deal related question, but is anybody getting the Resistance 3 Doomsday bundle?

It seems like a great deal, even if I won't ever use the sharpshooter. Is there anywhere else to get a decently priced move bundle?

WEGGLES

Maddog said:
Bought a Helghast Edition. Now I'm at the "Why the hell did I buy this?" stage.
Give you about tree fiddeh for it.

Wish I didn't miss this deal. Been wanting to play #3. (Perhaps, should play 2 first...)

Vamphuntr

I got the Free Identity Theft Protection offer for the Canadian PSN. Sure took a while to get the email. Deadline to get the free protection is October the 3rd.

Sony Computer Entertainment and Sony Network Entertainment have made arrangements with CSIdentity to offer Global ID Protector to eligible PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders in Canada who are concerned about identity theft.

Global ID Protector is a premium identity protection service that uses a proprietary technology which proactively detects stolen personally identifiable information to help keep your identity safe. The service also provides identity theft insurance coverage and restoration assistance from expert fraud investigators should your identity become compromised.

Sony has arranged, at no charge to eligible PlayStation Network and Qriocity account holders, for twelve months of this service to be provided by CSIdentity to those who choose to enroll. In order to be eligible, account holders must be residents of Canada with active accounts as of April 20, 2011.

If interested, please submit your email address by 03/10/2011 at 11:59:59 PM CST at:
http://www.playstation.ca/identity-theft-protection/. Please note, you must enter the same email address used to register your Playstation Network or Qriocity account. Once your email address is validated you will be sent your Global ID Protector activation code.

Stoffinator

Vamphuntr said:
I got the Free Identity Theft Protection offer for the Canadian PSN. Sure took a while to get the email. Deadline to get the free protection is October the 3rd.

I got that a few days ago. Took their sweet time with it, also funny they mention Qrocity being we don't even get that here.

Stoffinator said:
I got that a few days ago. Took their sweet time with it, also funny they mention Qrocity being we don't even get that here.

You're able to login to Qrocity online using your PSN infos, end view and edit your account among other things.

How long does that protection thing last? I'm a bit dubious about it because it sounds like once Sony's coverage expires we could just end up getting hounded by the protection company to re-up.

Aske

Crazymoogle said:
How long does that protection thing last? I'm a bit dubious about it because it sounds like once Sony's coverage expires we could just end up getting hounded by the protection company to re-up.

I had the same thought. I wanted much more info than Sony gave in the email. Still time for me to sign up...but I probably won't.

Quick

Banned
Not a gaming question, but I figured I'd ask here.

How long does it take (roughly) for Threadless orders to be delivered to Canada? Specifically Toronto. My order says "1-3 weeks" shipping with "0-3 days" of processing. Is it as good as Amazon with shipping times (earlier than what they say), or am I really going to wait 3 weeks?

sikkinixx

Quick said:
Not a gaming question, but I figured I'd ask here.

How long does it take (roughly) for Threadless orders to be delivered to Canada? Specifically Toronto. My order says "1-3 weeks" shipping with "0-3 days" of processing. Is it as good as Amazon with shipping times (earlier than what they say), or am I really going to wait 3 weeks?

I'm in Vancouver, and I usually have to wait almost 3 weeks before I see anything. They send it USPS, which is slow as fuck most times.

Quick

Banned
sikkinixx said:
I'm in Vancouver, and I usually have to wait almost 3 weeks before I see anything. They send it USPS, which is slow as fuck most times.

Do they charge you any customs fees? I didn't see anything for it listed on the shipping options, but I'd like to be sure.

Maddog

Quick said:
Do they charge you any customs fees? I didn't see anything for it listed on the shipping options, but I'd like to be sure.

I ordered two shirts and didn't get dinged anything.

Its a little sad a lot of times no one even reposts the deals that are on RFD here, its more of a talk about some of the deals, than find out about deals thread now :p. I dont really mind, its only a few more clicks for me to check it out myself, but I was used to it being brough over here from RFD for me every week :p

I will copy and paste them for everyone ! I would repost the pics of the FS, BB and WM flyers, but its from some guys imageshack there, so im not sure if thats a polite thing to do. They are on page 6 and 7 --here-- though

as per RFD:

Bestbuy
3DS - $169.99

PS3 Greatest Hits - 2 for $40 - $29.99 each
PS3 bluray remote control with Tears of the Sun bluray - $24.99
PS3 160GB with Infamous - $299.99
Tiger Woods PS Move Bundle - $99.99

Xbox 360 250GB with Gears of War Triple Pack - $299.99
Xbox 360 Wireless Controller - $59.99 - Buy 2, save $20

Cars 2 - $44.99
Age of Empire Online - $19.99 (Exclusive Greek Starter Pack)

Deus Ex, Madden 12, Driver - 800 RWZ Points Pre-order

GTA Complete Edition, Red Dead Redemption, AC: Brotherhood, Brink, Hunted, Wipeout WIi, Epic Mickey - $19.99

Socom 4, LA Noire, GT5, Dirt 3, KIllzone 3, LBP2, PGA Tour 12 - $39.99

Futureshop
3DS - $169.99

El Shaddai - $49.99 - Trade in 2 games, get it for free.
Trade in any MP3 player and get $40 off an iPod touch. Plus, get additional savings when you trade in your old iPod. See futureshop.ca/flip

PS3 160GB with MGS4 - $299.99
Socom 4, LBP2, Killzone 3, GT5 - $39.99
Logitech Driving Force GT - $129.99
PS Move Sharpshooter & Nav Controller - $49.99
PS3 Bluray remote control - $19.99
PS3 bluetooth headset (10114324) - $19.99

Xbox 4GB Kinect Bundle with Bioshock 2 - $299.99
TB Ear Force PX5 - $219.99

Deus Ex - $59.99 - Pre-order bonus- Free upgrade to Augmented Edition
Madden 12 - $59.99 - Pre-order bonus - NFL all star team included

WOW Battle Chest, Lich King - $19.99 each
WOW Cataclysm - $29.99

Walmart
LA Noire, PGA Tour 12 - $39.83
Lego Indiana Jone 2 DS, Resident Evil 4 Wii, Prototype, GTA4, Cabela's Outdoor Adventure, Devil May Cry - $19

EB Games/Gamestop

pictures:
weeklyad_august12a.jpg

weeklyad_august12b.jpg

Some pretty decent deals for sure.

Firestorm

Sorry, I stopped buying games for the most part so I haven't been checking deals =[ Only got Pokemon Black and Portal 2 this year.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
I guess my big reason to mostly steer clear of the thread is the fact that I already bought my year's games during the Future Shop E3 sale.

GBONZZZZ

Mikey Jr. said:
You may want to wait for gamescom. Unless you absolutely have to have it this week.

Yeah, his birthday is this weekend... Is there something rumored to take place at gamescom? If it's a price drop, depending on when it is I have 30 days to do a price match!

I usually post something if it's a price error or a really good deal. Otherwise, I'll answer questions if someone's looking for a deal on a specific product.

Also, it's summer.

Magnus

$150 for a collector's edition? Jesus Christ. I wished that trend was confined to the ridiculous Halo/CoD sets.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Nobiru said:
Its a little sad a lot of times no one even reposts the deals that are on RFD here, its more of a talk about some of the deals, than find out about deals thread now :p. I dont really mind, its only a few more clicks for me to check it out myself, but I was used to it being brough over here from RFD for me every week :p
I was lazy. Sue me. :p

Future Shop online sale starts tomorrow night but the gaming deals don't look good.

header_en.jpg

SAVE up to $30 on select gaming accessories
SAVE up to $30 on select games

Mikey Jr.

GBONZZZZ said:
Yeah, his birthday is this weekend... Is there something rumored to take place at gamescom? If it's a price drop, depending on when it is I have 30 days to do a price match!

There are rumours that it can be a price drop anywhere from 50 bucks to a 100.

And yeah, it depends on when the price drop takes effect for sure. Don't kick yourself in the ass though when it does drop, because you were warned, haha.

As for deals, I think those deals posted above are probably the best ones you'll get before the weekend.

Nobiru said:
I will copy and paste them for everyone ! I would repost the pics of the FS, BB and WM flyers, but its from some guys imageshack there, so im not sure if thats a polite thing to do.

I never check RFD, so thanks for posting them here.

vulva

Firestorm, know of any dell.ca coupons? I'm probably gonna be ordering an m11x in the next day or so. If I can save some chedd, I'd be quite happy.

Kazerei

Banned
snorggy said:
any idea what games will be getting what discount? Would be interested in grabbing Halo Reach if it was $30 off :D

The Kinect games might be $30 off ... >_>

Kind of makes me sad that the Monster Hunter Tri BUNDLE is there. Seriously people, you get one of the best controllers ever, and one of the best Wii games ever! It went down to $29.99 last year, so I'd expect that price or possibly lower.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
yQswU.gif

Replaying Link's Awakening now, but it's my first time playing the DX version and having access to the camera shop. Pretty cool little feature! Wish the 3DS would use the "print" feature to export to an image, but oh well.

SickBoy

Just curious about the ID theft email. Has anyone signed up for it, and if so, how long did the followup email take? Sony is nearing a very angry phone call :)

I don't know if I should blame Hotmail, but I never got a "your account may be hacked email," or the "sign up for ID theft protection" email.... nor have I seen the "we see you've signed up for ID theft protection email."

Hasn't been 72 hours yet since I entered my email address, but I have had a few issues with Sony customer service this gen, so this will be the straw that breaks the camel's back if I have to call someone to jump through hoops for this service.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kazerei said:
The Kinect games might be $30 off ... >_>

Kind of makes me sad that the Monster Hunter Tri BUNDLE is there. Seriously people, you get one of the best controllers ever, and one of the best Wii games ever! It went down to $29.99 last year, so I'd expect that price or possibly lower.
It was already like 15 dollars during that VIP sale yesterday. :lol:

Revan

My 20GB PS3 died on me last weekend (YLOD), so I was in EB Games tonight looking for a new one. The guy behind the counter said that there was a new PS3 SKU next week with a street date of August 16th 2011. After talking with him for a couple of minutes he showed me the email.

The email said this:

"New PS3 SKU/Bundle. It is highly confidential and cannot be discussed with customers until the street date of August 16th, 2011"

Then it repeated it in french.

But that is all it said - if it wasn't for the fact that I was in the store with cameras on me I'd have snapped a pic of the screen.

So GAF - has anyone heard anything about this ANYWHERE? I want to replace my PS3 but this has second guessing it now.

I would have created a thread for this but being a noob doesn't let me do so.

bryehn

Revan said:
My 20GB PS3 died on me last weekend (YLOD), so I was in EB Games tonight looking for a new one. The guy behind the counter said that there was a new PS3 SKU next week with a street date of August 16th 2011. After talking with him for a couple of minutes he showed me the email.

The email said this:

"New PS3 SKU/Bundle. It is highly confidential and cannot be discussed with customers until the street date of August 16th, 2011"

Then it repeated it in french.

But that is all it said - if it wasn't for the fact that I was in the store with cameras on me I'd have snapped a pic of the screen.

So GAF - has anyone heard anything about this ANYWHERE? I want to replace my PS3 but this has second guessing it now.

I would have created a thread for this but being a noob doesn't let me do so.

Why the fuck would you care if the cameras were on you? Did you force the EB clerk to show you the screen at knifepoint or what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom