• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
Are you really saving money if the stuff you buy at SDM is more expensive than at a supermarket or department store though?

God, I don't know how the extreme couponing people do it, because this stuff can be a pain.
(I suppose that's precisely why they don't let you buy giftcards with points).

SDM's sale prices are pretty good as far as I can tell. When it lines up with a bonus points/redemption day, then it's a great deal. At regular price, things will probably be a bit cheaper at Walmart or something.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
They're also giving away Gravity Rush, or so I saw on RFD.

It seems Futureshop has changed their deal from Resistance to Gravity Rush, but you're paying $50 more in the end if you go with Best Buy (well if you are a Tsilion member), you're paying for either the game, or the starter kit, plus some change.

krae_man

I've heard that all games at HMV are 50% - 75% off. Can anyone confirm?

All the HMV's near me don't have any video games left.

Also they all seem to have decided to mix DVD's and Blurays on the shelves. Oh my god It's the stupidest decision ever.

Doel

All the HMV's near me don't have any video games left.

Also they all seem to have decided to mix DVD's and Blurays on the shelves. Oh my god It's the stupidest decision ever.

Ah, I haven't been to an HMV in a while. I'm going to guess that they haven't ordered any new game stock recently, they don't even have games on their site. Probably no point in going.

My dusty wii is also thanks to optimum points. Mom used points on a bonus day plus a wii sale day to get me it for free. She came up with it before I told her rfders were doing it lol

I requested a $50 off Vita code from Tsilon.ca but I'm not going to use it, does anyone want it? needs to be redeemed at FutureShop.ca

Edit: sent!

Jumped on that Futureshop deal where you buy a 3DS and get a Mario game for free. I chose 3dLand.

Also got a few of those codes courtesy of TheKyle and preordered a bunch of 3DS games for 19.99...

>_< Teh savings, it hurts.

Signed up for tsilon and now have access to the codes meself...

iphys

Are you really saving money if the stuff you buy at SDM is more expensive than at a supermarket or department store though?

God, I don't know how the extreme couponing people do it, because this stuff can be a pain.
(I suppose that's precisely why they don't let you buy giftcards with points).

Their sale prices on food beat the sale prices at the grocery store most of the time, and I can often find $50 of food on sale to do the 20x, so not only am I getting my food potentially cheaper than the grocery store in the first place, I'm also earning points for free loot. Also, you can earn the 20x on the value of coupons, so you should definitely try to use those on 20x: one of the best ones I know of is brandsaver.ca frequently puts duracell charger coupons up for $5 and Shoppers puts Duracell mini chargers with 2AA batteries on sale for $7.99 a lot, so if you can get one on a bonus point day it's the cheapest nimh batteries you'll ever find and you're getting Optimum points.

Also, just to clarify: the 50,000 point redemption is regularly $85, but $100 on a Bonus redemption day, and $125 at the Mega redemption. I think people were coming up with the $115 value based on Mega redemption and the fact that you're only earning 45800 points on the Vita when it's on sale for $229.99, but those 45800 points can't by themselves be redeemed for $115 on Mega redemption. If you're trying to get the 50,000 points you should buy the Vita plus $20.01+ worth of stuff at the same time, and then you can wait and redeem for $125 of stuff at the Mega redemption.

Dreavus

Step 1) Sign up for a Shoppers Optimum card if you don't already have one.

Step 2) Saturday June 16 is a bonus points day. Purchasing a Vita at $230 will net you 46,000 Shoppers Optimum points. Try to spend an extra $20 on this day so you have over 50,000 points.

Step 3) Wait until a bonus redemption day. Redeeming those 50,000 points will give you $115 to spend in-store.

How it works:

Normally, Shoppers give you 10 points for every $1 you spend. On bonus points day, you get 20x the points.

You have to redeem the points in certain sized "chunks". See the table on the right side here

Normally, Shoppers gives you $85 for 50,000 points. On bonus redemption day, you get $115 for 50,000 points.

Oh god not another one of these sales. I ALMOST bought a 3DS last time (actually found myself in the store) but ultimately didn't because the game selection wasn't to my liking.

As for a Vita... Gaaahhhhh!

iphys

Yeah, their 3DS game selection has never been great, but even if you can't count on buying the games there they have other stuff.

I bought $56 of tax-free food on sale today and earned myself another 12,200 points. They gave me 1000 product bonus points for something, and I don't even know what it was, lol.

Damn it. Stumbled into Pharmaprix only to see the discount and 20x points. I was hoping to wait on the crystal white Vita but ~$170 was just too much of a deal.

Thanks GAF! Just got back from shoppers drug mart, and for the same price as a vita ($249.99) I got the vita, carrying case, then redeemed the points and got a 16gb card and $25 in groceries. Good deal! :)

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Anyone know when that BestBuy Portable Gaming Sale ends? Page doesn't say anything.

EDIT: The same deals are going on at Futureshop and they end the 21st, from my understanding. Do you guys think it's worth it to pull the trigger on a 3DS now or wait until the near future for a better deal? I'm heavily conflicted at the moment.

Quick

Banned
Got some extra codes for Where's My Water? from Starbucks. I gave them to some friends, but still had 4 codes left.

The app is 99 cents, works for iPhone, iPod, and iPad. I'll send it to the first 4 people who quote this.

I'd post this in the FREE to a good home thread, but I figured I'd narrow it down to Canadians, since it only works in Canada.

bkw

Got some extra codes for Where's My Water? from Starbucks. I gave them to some friends, but still had 4 codes left.

The app is 99 cents, works for iPhone, iPod, and iPad. I'll send it to the first 4 people who quote this.

I'd post this in the FREE to a good home thread, but I figured I'd narrow it down to Canadians, since it only works in Canada.
Me please? Totally forgot to check Starbucks for this.

I'm Canadian! I want that game!

Please.

lupinko

I want one too!

RS4-

If only they announced that it'd be like Guild Wars then I'd go to EB right now to buy a copy.

As it stands right now, I'm not going to okay monthly for it.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
They announced the first 15 levels are free, and then they said they were interested in free to play options.

They're going to have to do it eventually. It just depends on how much face they want to save before it happens.

If that isn't a bomba, I don't know what is.

Course, wait a couple of more months and it'll probably be free 2 play.

Still waiting for the CE to drop to something more realistic.

Looks like the "free until level 15" is starting in July. There are probably exclusive items available for those who buy the client and/or early adopters.

Seems like the game should've just been KotOR 3 instead of a full-fledged MMO.

Vamphuntr

This might be a dumb question but anyone knows where to buy 3DS point cards? I'm seeing XBL, PSN and Wii cards everywhere but I'm not seeing 3DS cards >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom