• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
Stumpokapow said:

Replaying Link's Awakening now, but it's my first time playing the DX version and having access to the camera shop. Pretty cool little feature! Wish the 3DS would use the "print" feature to export to an image, but oh well.[/QUOTE]

Yay, someone knows where my avatar is from! I really wish the 3DS just had a screenshot feature. When you hit the home button, it already takes an image of the paused game or app, so it should be doable.

[QUOTE=firehawk12]It was already like 15 dollars during that VIP sale yesterday. :lol:[/QUOTE]

Missed it :(

I love my CCPro, I use it whenever possible. But the accessory alone sells for $20-$25, which is ridiculous. If the MHT bundle goes down to $15, I'd probably buy another one and trade-in the game for $5 or whatever :lol

Takao

Banned
Revan said:
My 20GB PS3 died on me last weekend (YLOD), so I was in EB Games tonight looking for a new one. The guy behind the counter said that there was a new PS3 SKU next week with a street date of August 16th 2011. After talking with him for a couple of minutes he showed me the email.

The email said this:

"New PS3 SKU/Bundle. It is highly confidential and cannot be discussed with customers until the street date of August 16th, 2011"

Then it repeated it in french.

But that is all it said - if it wasn't for the fact that I was in the store with cameras on me I'd have snapped a pic of the screen.

So GAF - has anyone heard anything about this ANYWHERE? I want to replace my PS3 but this has second guessing it now.

I would have created a thread for this but being a noob doesn't let me do so.

This thread will explain what that means. Any expected price drop, and/or formal announcement of this revision is expected for Sony's Gamescom panel this week. I'd simply hold off on buying a PS3 until that's over.

Quick

Banned
Revan said:
My 20GB PS3 died on me last weekend (YLOD), so I was in EB Games tonight looking for a new one. The guy behind the counter said that there was a new PS3 SKU next week with a street date of August 16th 2011. After talking with him for a couple of minutes he showed me the email.

The email said this:

"New PS3 SKU/Bundle. It is highly confidential and cannot be discussed with customers until the street date of August 16th, 2011"

Then it repeated it in french.

But that is all it said - if it wasn't for the fact that I was in the store with cameras on me I'd have snapped a pic of the screen.

So GAF - has anyone heard anything about this ANYWHERE? I want to replace my PS3 but this has second guessing it now.

I would have created a thread for this but being a noob doesn't let me do so.

August 16th isn't too far away. I'm sure it's not that much of a wait. And Takao's link explains everything.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Most likely the PS3 without component video-out in HD, not sure if you'd want to buy that revision.

Anyways, my fellow Canadians, as we know the street date for the crested red 3DS is September 9th, if you were lucky enough to buy a 3DS in the last 30 days, and get it price protected at Best Buy, you know have another 30 days to return it.

I've heard from a few people that the crested red 3DS is made out of sturdier materials than its earlier counterparts.

I'm suggesting if you have the window, go return whatever 3DS you have now and try to get a hold of the crested red version, hoho.

I am certain that the 3DS games are attributed to your account

Much love,

SMT! <3

Ondore

So should I take it as obvious that we've all set our 3DS eShop provinces to Alberta to save 7-10% in sales tax?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
SMT said:
I am certain that the 3DS games are attributed to your account

Much love,

SMT! <3
They're not at the moment; You have to wait until Nintendo patches in 3DS to 3DS system transfers, since content (and presumably Ambassador status, if you care about that) is tied to the console.

Takao

Banned
Isn't it sketchy to have you 3DS shop info be sealed as Alberta, and your Club Nintendo (which is linked) info to be located in Ontario?

Kak.efes

Nobiru said:
So what do people recommend for some good console and PC headphones?

What's your price range? Can't go wrong with the HD 558's. Those are an excellent pair of cans for that price. I ordered a pair for my sister.

Bruiserk said:
Futureshop is having a big sale on right now for only 14 hours, here is the web link to the e-mail.

http://recp.mkt41.net/servlet/MailView?m=36920183&r=ODU3MzkwMjUxNwS2&j=MTA5MjU4Njk3S0&mt=1

50% off of some really good headphones, I'd snatch those up if I were you!

As Canadians we get royally screwed on headphone prices. As a PSA:

Check this deal out

It looks like there are some really good deals on decent wired headphones. Earlier this year I bought a pair of 595s for $149 from a US store, when they retailed for $279 in Canada. Deals like this don't happen in Canada that often...

nomoment

Nobiru said:
So what do people recommend for some good console and PC headphones?
If you travel a lot or like noise-isolating headphones, any of the Shure in-ear headphones are a great value for 50% off.

If you want a full-sized headset, any of the Sennheiser headphones are great value.

You know what i'm really looking for inregards to deals? I want one of those PS3 wireless keyboards that plug into the top of the controller. I know you can get them on ebay for around 25 bucks. But it would be nice to walk into the store and just grab one for 20 brand spanking new. Anyone ever see deals for them?

nomoment

MercuryLS said:
Should I get this:

Shure SE215 or the SE210 or the Sennheiser HD 558?
Depends what you need them for. Travelling, or mostly listening at home?

If travelling, get the Shures. If you need a good, reliable pair of headphones for home, get the Senns.

MercuryLS

Banned
nomoment said:
Depends what you need them for. Travelling, or mostly listening at home?

If travelling, get the Shures. If you need a good, reliable pair of headphones for home, get the Senns.

I think I'm going to go with in-ear headphones, are shures the brand to go with? I've heard good things of Klipsch S4I.

Ondore

Takao said:
Isn't it sketchy to have you 3DS shop info be sealed as Alberta, and your Club Nintendo (which is linked) info to be located in Ontario?

If anyone asks, my brother (who lives in Alberta) bought it for me.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Takao said:
Yes, you're all going to jail for doing this.

nomoment

MercuryLS said:
I think I'm going to go with in-ear headphones, are shures the brand to go with? I've heard good things of Klipsch S4I.
Might just be personal preference. I have friends that like Klipsch brand headphones too.

Shure's only weakness is lack of bass. It's not a big issue for me, but it might be for you if you love bass heavy music. Shure's strength is definitely the clarity of sound. Vocals and individual instruments become more recognizable than listening to them on speakers.

Neki

Fuzzy said:
Sold out online and it's an online only sale so everyone else is out of luck.
really? I just did instore pick up at that price. >_>

I was thinking about buying either the sound canceling sony headphones at 35 dollars, or the Klipsch In-Ear Headphones at 35 dollars, not sure which one I should try. I've never tried sound cancelling headphones, so I was considering those ones

DJ_Lae

Damn, is the sale broken or did I miss the LotR deal? It's supposed to be $60 but is still showing up as $75 when I dump it in my cart.

The headphone sale is annoying as my last pair of earbuds died a month ago and I was forced to buy some crappy ones for $30 as they were all any store really had at a decent price. Now I could get something much nicer for only a little more. Oh well.

Also talked down the price of a D630 Samsung TV (46") on VIP day, so I'm hoping it doesn't fall below $750 any time soon or I'll just feel annoyed with myself.

Ulchie

Banned
Fuzzy said:
Didn't even check and it looks like you can. Never mind about my previous post.
Yep. THANK YOU ALL. I totally would have missed the Metroid Other M for $10 deal cause I didn't realize I could instore pickup. I also purchased an HD558. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sennheiser headphones, but my previous pair broke 3 times on me before I got my current model, so I got one for backup. For that price, I'll basically never find it brand new again so it was a no brainer considering the current one will die eventually. Fantastic deal.

For anyone that hasn't tried them, they are the most comfortable headphones EVER. SOO good.

CAW

To whomever got these http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...ophile-headphones-hd-558-hd-558/10169245.aspx for $125, congrats!

I've been wanting those for so long but I missed the sale last night. I'm guessing sales like that don't happen too often.

Those same headphones go for about $169 on amazon.COM but they won't ship them to Canada. And on amazon.CA they go for $269. I've yet to find a Canadian site or store that has them for under $200.

So yeah, totally bummed out that I missed that sale.

CAW said:
To whomever got these http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...ophile-headphones-hd-558-hd-558/10169245.aspx for $125, congrats!

I've been wanting those for so long but I missed the sale last night. I'm guessing sales like that don't happen too often.

Those same headphones go for about $169 on amazon.COM but they won't ship them to Canada. And on amazon.CA they go for $269. I've yet to find a Canadian site or store that has them for under $200.

Can you have them shipped to a US address? That's what I did with the 595s.

Mikey Jr.

CAW said:

http://www.gamesforcanada.com/main-page.php

Grabbed the 54" VT25.

I hope I don't end up with buyer's remorse =(

I would have preferred to get one of the 2011 Panny's instead, but we get raped here on TV prices compared to the US. It was the best deal I've seen in Canada so far on panny's 3D line. Wanted an ST30 but the cheapest I've seen them around these parts is $1699. At 1499 plus a free pair of glasses, I couldn't pass on the VT25.

Also grabbed a pair of Sennheiser RS 170. Was considering the HD 558, but I need wireless.

CAW

PalaceBrother said:
Can you have them shipped to a US address? That's what I did with the 595s.
Yep, I just spoke with an online friend I've known for years who will help me out. Ironically enough, I also live in a border town but I don't know anyone on the other side of the bridge.

Mikey Jr. said:
Ah, interesting, thanks!

PalaceBrother said:
Oooohh....good catch, sorry. They look identical to my 595s.
I wonder what the actual difference is (other than price) between the 555, 558 and 595. I'll have to check that out.

I think I'm going to head to Futureshop tomorrow and look at the 3DS for $169. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll have an in store sale on the 558. Probably nothing like that online sale, geez. $124 off the regular price! That was insane.

Luigi87 said:
Taken from The Old Republic thread

Barnes & Noble in the US has Star Wars The Complete Collection Blu-Ray for $69.99 USD

Changing my order to there from Amazon.ca ($99.99 CAD, and in Ontario final total being $112 CAD), it is looking like my final total is $79.47 USD.

That's a damned good deal. I'm still iffy about the collection though. Did they include the original theatrical cuts that were on the previous issue of DVDs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom