• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
While those games aren't cheaper that's not the whole list either. Thanks to Lone_Prodigy's post a couple of pages back I was able to get in my order for Batman AC GotY for $30 this morning before it sold out online.

How did you use the post? As proof? I'd love to get Abyss at $20, where did LP see that Abyss was $20?

Ondore

I was at Best Buy in Dartmouth when it opened and they had most of the original selection - but of course, no Tales. Sent it to @GameDealsCanada straight away.

Even called Best Buy CS and their exact words were "We escalated it to have it removed from the list". Asked about Binary Domain, because I checked the site at the store and it looked similar to Tales of the Abyss, and it was mentioned to.

Bad form, Best Buy.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Picked up Arkham City GOTY on 360 and MK7 just now. MK7 wasn't on the shelf, but they had 'em all in the back. Weird.

I tried to get this site added at the first page but he wanted to keep the link list short so here are all the flyer deals from Trendy Gamers:

EB Games

Battleship – $39.99 (save $20)

Men In Black 3: The Game – $39.99 (save $20)

Super Smash Bros. Brawl – $29.99 (save $20)

Def Jam Rapstar – $9.99 (save $10)

Def Jam Rapstar with Mic – $19.99 (save $10)

World of Warcraft: Cataclysm – $34.99 (save $10)

Starcraft 2: Wings of Liberty – $49.99 (save $10)

Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning – $39.99 (save $20, starts July 2nd)

Mortal Kombat Komplete Edition – $39.99 (save $10, starts July 2nd)

Trade in any game worth $8 or more, it gets bumped to $25 when trading towards consoles

Wal-Mart

PS3 320GB Move Bundle – $299.99 (save $50)

Skylander’s Starter Kit – $59.99 (save $10)

Xbox 360 250GB Summer Value Bundle – $299.99

London Drugs

2 for $60 on the Jak and Daxter Collection, Ico Collection, Uncharted Dual Pack, God of War Origins, Resistance Dual Pack

Future Shop

Free copies of Bioshock 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum GOTY, Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 with the Xbox 360 250GB Console – $299.99

Free copies of Uncharted Golden Abyss and Modnation Racers Road Trip with the PlayStation Vita – $249.99

Free copy of Just Dance 3 and sports kit with Nintendo Wii purchase – $149.99

Free copy of Call of Duty: Black Ops and bluetooth headset with PS3 160GB Modern Warfare 3 Bundle – $299.99

Metal Gear Solid 4, Prince of Persia, Call of Duty: World at War – $9.99 each (save $5)

The Darkness 2, Ace Combat: Assault Horizon – $19.99 each (save $20)

Max Payne 3, Dirt Showdown – $39.99 each (save $20)

Star Wars: The Old Republic – $19.99 (save $20)

Disgaea 3: Absence of Detention, Virtua Tennis 4, Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus, Dynasty Warriors Next, Shinobido 2 – $29.99 each (save $10)

Up to 30% off all Turtle Beach Headsets

Get $10 towards any game in August with The Secret World or Theatrhythm Final Fantasy purchase or trade in 2 games from this list to get either free

Best Buy

Free copies of Assassin’s Creed Brotherhood and The Darkness 2 with the Xbox 360 250GB Summer Value Bundle – $299.99

Free copies of Soul Calibur V and Little Big Planet GOTY with the PS3 320GB Modern Warfare 3 Bundle – $299.99

Get 3 figures free with a Skylander’s Starter Kit – $69.99

Xbox 360 Controller – $39.99 (save $20)

PS3 Dualshock 3 – $39.99 (save $15)

Xbox 360 250GB HDD – $99.99 (save $50)

Turtle Beach X12, P11 – $39.99 each (save $20)

Turtle Beach X32 – $79.99 (save $20)

Sizzlin’ Summer Sale:

$19.99 (save up to $20)

Assassin’s Creed: Revelations

Grand Theft Auto: Episodes From Liberty City

Final Fantasy XIII-2

Red Dead Redemption GOTY

Soul Calibur V

The Darkness 2

Dark Souls

Metal Gear Solid 3D: Snake Eater

$29.99 (save up to $30)

Modern Warfare 3

Just Dance 3

Batman: Arkham City GOTY

Metal Gear Solid HD Collection

Mario Kart 7

Super Mario 3D Land

Kid Icarus: Uprising

The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D

Uncharted 3

Gran Turismo 5 XL Edition

SSX

The Sims 3: Showtime

Mario and Sonic at the London Olympics

$39.99 (save up to $20)

Max Payne 3

Skyrim

Lollipop Chainsaw

Battlefield 3

Starcraft 2

Mass Effect 3

Prototype 2

Game of Thrones

soultron

Banned
Where's the best place to get a 3DS today in Toronto? I work on the west end of the Bloor-Yonge line.

Should I wait for any sales starting this weekend or anything like that?

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Picked up Mass Effect 3 today for $39.

I was debating rebuying ME1 again, but meh.

Subliminal messaging: Clicking on the free uncharted/modnation offer on the FS vita page redirects you to buying an xbox 360 instead, lol

(Would've preferred the gift card + code for cheap vita =( )

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Where's the best place to get a 3DS today in Toronto? I work on the west end of the Bloor-Yonge line.

Should I wait for any sales starting this weekend or anything like that?

No system sales this week from what I've seen, so any shop will do. If you don't need it THIS weekend, we'll probably start seeing some more sales as the XL approaches. p.s. purple is the best color, buy that one.

zroid

Banned
yonge and dundas best buy has like no 3ds games on sale left in stock aside from a single copy of mario kart and tons of MGS snake eaters

amazed that all it took was $10 off to get these things to fly off the shelves.

every time I've been in a Best Buy, there've always been dozens of copies of Mario Kart and 3D Land sitting there.

btkadams

really? man, i was planning on hitting up best buy in a couple hours when i'm done work. i want to get kid icarus and red dead.

iphys

Just got back from Shoppers. They had Mario Kart 7 and Zelda OoT 3D for $32, Tetris Axis for $10 (that might be just my location, because that's a lot more than the 20% off they advertised), and Zelda Skyward Sword for $40. Coupled with the 18500 bonus points for spending $75 that goes till Monday, those are crazy good deals. I didn't see Wii Fit Plus with balance board, but they did show it in the flyer, so I imagine that should be $80.

Maximus

Just grabbed Tales of the Abyss and Binary Domain from BB in Red Deer AB. Both were marked as on sale for $19.99. Was there yesterday and both were marked as regular price, so may be worthwhile to check again.

nemesun

Just grabbed Tales of the Abyss and Binary Domain from BB in Red Deer AB. Both were marked as on sale for $19.99. Was there yesterday and both were marked as regular price, so may be worthwhile to check again.
Lucky git, at my local BB Tales was priced at $29.99. Nonetheless, I picked up BB, FF13-x2 for $20.

zroid

Banned
I think I might grab a Vita charging cradle at 15% off. Barely a few days in, and I'm already getting annoyed at having to plug in the cable manually every time.

And yes, happy Canada Day :)

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I think I might grab a Vita charging cradle at 15% off. Barely a few days in, and I'm already getting annoyed at having to plug in the cable manually every time.

And yes, happy Canada Day :)
Online Quantity: 14

I'm going to a bbq today and it'll probably be sold out by the time I get home. :(

iphys

Regular Best Buy online-only Canada Day sale starts today. Runs from 5pm EDT today until 10am EDT Tuesday July 3rd.

10% off select games
25% off select Used Games
15% off select accessories (could be pretty good if you need a controller since those are already on sale if it counts towards them)

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/online-only-sale.aspx?CMP=EMC-ALL-120630-Canada_Day

BTW Happy Canada Day!

I'm not sure if I can find anything to get: they've had me pre-ordering everything so religiously the past year. I don't think they usually include anything that's already on sale in the flyer, and they've been taking away the $5 pre-order discounts during recent online sales, so probably no chance to double-up on sales, except maybe games that have the 800 RZ pre-order bonus like New Super Mario Bros. 2.

Why on earth would you buy Binary Domain when you could get yourself a hammock?

Because after buying all the stands/accessories you need to mount the hammock, it would end up costing about as much as binary domain plus the console you want to play it on (which most people would already have).

I'm totally considering a hammock, still.

iphys

The online sale does stack with the 800 RZ points on New SMB 2, and probably the rest of the 800 RZ pre-order games as well. I notice they're still advertising the buy 1 get 1 25% off for 3DS games, but it doesn't stack with the online sale: that deal was actually better than the online sale, especially since the $5 off on pre-orders was valid for it.

So what bank can earn me 5-8% annually? I'm sick of coast crapital and how Shitty its returns are. I'm thinking cibc or td, probably doesn't matter at this point in time...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom