• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryehn

pVh1D.png

And the link to the whole flyer.

http://www.ebgames.ca/gs/landing/flyer/powersale/2012/july/

Not bad, but I've bought/played most of the stuff I was interested in already. Might check out AssCreedRev, maybe Binary Domain and FFXIII-2 too.

SickBoy

Guess I'll probably add to the backlog with Dead Island coming in at $20 for the GOTY edition. (Did that game come remotely close to any GOTY recognition?)

soultron

Banned

And enclose gigantic images in quote tags if necessary for them to be seen and not linked.

Guess I'll probably add to the backlog with Dead Island coming in at $20 for the GOTY edition. (Did that game come remotely close to any GOTY recognition?)

Where are you seeing this? The GOTY Edition is $30 and it just came out on 26/06, no reason for it to be discounted already.

EDIT: Holy shit I just saw it. Great deal. Definitely picking that up.

God of War Origins for $20 is nice. I might even jump on Red Faction: Armageddon but for some reason I have a feeling that it's going to be coming to PS+ at some point.

It should be another few weeks before it hits $29.99.

Yay :)

I'm trying to take games off my backlog, but dark souls for 20 is proving hard to resist. My only concern is that I won't have the time or patience like I did with demons souls to deal with dark souls. Demons souls is probably in my top 5 games in this gen, but I don't know if my bladder can take anymore...

soultron

Banned
Yay :)

I'm trying to take games off my backlog, but dark souls for 20 is proving hard to resist. My only concern is that I won't have the time or patience like I did with demons souls to deal with dark souls. Demons souls is probably in my top 5 games in this gen, but I don't know if my bladder can take anymore...

Wait until Prepare to Die Edition comes out. The new content will be in the console re-release as well. c:

SickBoy

Where are you seeing this? The GOTY Edition is $30 and it just came out on 26/06, no reason for it to be discounted already.

EDIT: Holy shit I just saw it. Great deal. Definitely picking that up.

It's funny, I was at the mall waiting for my car (getting serviced) and I popped into EB. Saw the GOTY and thought "hey, the complete edition's out and it's only $30! Tempting!" Then a little later I saw the flyer. Very nice.

I don't get the sense that it's the greatest game ever, but I've heard a lot of good things.

soultron

Banned
It's funny, I was at the mall waiting for my car (getting serviced) and I popped into EB. Saw the GOTY and thought "hey, the complete edition's out and it's only $30! Tempting!" Then a little later I saw the flyer. Very nice.

I don't get the sense that it's the greatest game ever, but I've heard a lot of good things.

I was waiting for the GOTY edition. I figured $30 was a great price and was going to pick it up for that much, but haven't had a chance to get out and grab it yet. This is the extra push I needed.

So I'm trying to buy some Atlus RPGs off of PSN, but it keeps giving me an error when I go to buy anything. Is there a place online where I can buy PSN cards digitally and have the code emailed to me? Any discounts would be icing on the cake. This is the Canadian deals thread, so keep in mind that I'm in Canada...

firehawk12

Subete no aware
So I'm trying to buy some Atlus RPGs off of PSN, but it keeps giving me an error when I go to buy anything. Is there a place online where I can buy PSN cards digitally and have the code emailed to me? Any discounts would be icing on the cake. This is the Canadian deals thread, so keep in mind that I'm in Canada...
I don't think anyone "official" does that here. Chances are you'll have to go to a store and buy a card.

MarkusRJR

Team Ico Collection will finally be mine. Maybe Sonic Generations on 360 too. Is there a sale on Wii Points cards or am I insane? I'm on my phone so I can't see it too clearly.

I'm pretty sure I've seen here on Gaf that Best Buy emails psn codes and they either send to Canada or there are instructions for Canadians. Just search for that thread.

Well, in which case, you're losing out on whatever the exchange rate is nowdays, if they still give you 50 dollars regardless of currency.

Paying 50 USD for 50 CAD just to save a trip to the store seems kind of silly anyway.

That is true. With that said: besides electronic stores, Gas Stations an Shoppers Drug Mart also carries PSN card so it won't be any harm going to the store and buying it. DyslexicAlucard, there is hardly ever a discount on PSN card.

You can also order it from Best buy Canada so save the trip. Not sure if they email the code or ship it, but whatever they do it will be better than waiting around if too lazy to go to nearest store.

I'd just like to thank whoever it was that gave the heads up about the June 29th deal of the day on tdrewards.com as I was one of the winners of that draw.

Really nice to get a Vita + game (even if it's a game I don't want) + starter kit for $164.99 + tax.

I can't imagine what I'll even be using it for until AC Liberation comes out... but it was too good a deal to pass up lol

Team Ico Collection will finally be mine. Maybe Sonic Generations on 360 too. Is there a sale on Wii Points cards or am I insane? I'm on my phone so I can't see it too clearly.

There's an image of a Wii Points card in the flyer, but I'm not sure why -- I asked the manager of my local EB Games about it yesterday, and he said that there weren't any sales on cards other than the iTunes ones.

zroid

Banned
I'm positive that you can.

Are you sure? You can redeem US game codes, but my understanding is the codes on the money cards will only convert to the currency specified. Our Canadian PSN uses Canadian dollars so... I don't think it works?

Have you done this personally?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Just tweeted a few minutes ago by @FS_Gamer (Future Shop).

Hi everyone,

Here is the first look at the FS Exclusive Borderlands 2 Steelbook! This is easily one of my favorite gaming Steelbooks thus far, and I can't wait for this game to come out.

This will be available as a pre-order bonus only. All customers who have already pre-ordered this game will receive this Steelbook, as well as the Borderlands 2 Premiere Club access :smileyhappy:

SO EPIC!!!!!!!!!

Steebook - Outside

original

Steelbook - Inside

original

Fuzzy

By all costumers, I wonder if that means people who pre-ordered during the E3/tsilon deals are included. lol
If not then try to get one of the new tsilon perks coming soon and place another order and cancel the old one.

New Perks are coming soon.

-$50 Cinema now gift cards are back
-$20 off Ass Creed 3 preorder
-$20 off Borderlands 2 Preorders
-$30 off Borderlands 2 Collectors edition preorders

Luigi87

Have a question:
I know one can not use a gift card to buy another gift card, does this also hold true for point cards (IE: PSN, XBLA, etc), as in are they also treated as gift cards?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Have a question:
I know one can not use a gift card to buy another gift card, does this also hold true for point cards (IE: PSN, XBLA, etc), as in are they also treated as gift cards?
You should be able to buy those money cards with gift cards. At least at FS/BB anyway.

Fuzzy

Have a question:
I don't think so since I've had no problem cashing in BB RZ certificates for PSN cards in the past and they don't let you buy gift cards with those.

By all costumers, I wonder if that means people who pre-ordered during the E3/tsilon deals are included. lol

I wouldn't count on it. Too many times I have had to email FS and ask for pre-order items. I have given up on them because it's not worth it.

They pull the bullshit answer every time. Something about how we made our orders before the promotion went live. It punishes the people who pre-ordered months in advance and gives priority to those who waited.

Looks like Best Buy threw a couple more games into their sale. Seeing Soul Calibur V for $20 and Lollipop Chainsaw for $40 now. Could be something else I missed too.

I was just checking out the newest tsilon.ca perks.

Borderlands2 $20 off pre-order. One code per member.

Assassins Creed 3 $20 off pre-order. One code per winner. (<----is that a typo?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom