• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Flyer deals for next week (starts June 29). Quote to see.

Trade 2 for Secret World or FF Theatrhythm 3DS ($10 August coupon with purchase/trade)

Wow. I wonder if they caught on to all the people trading in FF13-2 for Vita games a couple of weeks ago and decided to make future 40 dollar games trade 2 instead of trade 1.

Ah well, at least I had Theatrhythm preordered at BB.

lupinko

I said gotdamn at the sales for this week
KuGsj.gif
MGS HD is a no brainer and a maybe on Arkham City GOTY (I didn't like it all that much, but all that DLC...) And hell I could use a new 360 controller. My wallet weeps...

Isn't Arkham City GOTY DLC just Harley Quinn and a movie download? I'm not sure if it has all the other DLC in it.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Isn't Arkham City GOTY DLC just Harley Quinn and a movie download? I'm not sure if it has all the other DLC in it.
No it includes all of the DLC released thus far, including Nightwing, Robin, all the pre-order costume nonsense, etc.

I do have a question though, if I buy the game on 360 and it comes with the pass that lets me unlock Catwoman, will people on other profiles on my 360 be able to access all of that or will it only be tied to the account I redeem the pass on.

AAK

tdrewardsplaystationvitapicture.png

All month, TD Rewards has been doing a Deal of the Day, where a different item is discounted heavily each day. For June 29th, they have a great deal on the PlayStation Vita. You’ll be able to pick up the PlayStation Vita, a Starter Kit, and Resistance: Burning Skies all for $164.99 (50% off).

You have to have a TD Credit Card to take advantage of this, but if you do, head over to TDRewards.com. Keep in mind that you have to hit the ‘I want one’ button on the day and it will enter you into a draw for the right to buy it.

Found this on Trendy Gamers

I have a TD credit card and I tried to check this out and navigate the site, but when I click on the Deal of the Day in the drop in tab, I can't seem to find the Vita anywhere neither a "I want one" button. It's just blank and all I see is the acoustic speaker for today's deal on the right hand side.

zroid

Banned
I have a TD credit card and I tried to check this out and navigate the site, but when I click on the Deal of the Day in the drop in tab, I can't seem to find the Vita anywhere neither a "I want one" button. It's just blank and all I see is the acoustic speaker for today's deal on the right hand side.

It says the Vita is on June 29th?

iphys

apparently, vita sold out, was about to buy it with the 50$ tsilon coupon :(

Those coupons expired yesterday anyway I think.

FYI for anyone that missed pre-ordering New Super Mario 2 during E3 it's 800 RZ points now, and I'm not sure if this is last week's deal that will be expiring tonight, but you can actually order/pre-order a 2nd 3DS game and get 25% off on it and it stacks with the $5 off on pre-orders too.

zroid

Banned
FYI for anyone that missed pre-ordering New Super Mario 2 during E3 it's 800 RZ points now, and I'm not sure if this is last week's deal that will be expiring tonight, but you can actually order/pre-order a 2nd 3DS game and get 25% off on it and it stacks with the $5 off on pre-orders too.

hopefully the 800RZ will apply retroactively. usually it does (and when it doesn't, I generally can get them to apply it for me manually)

edit: nvm, I forgot, it is supposed to qualify, says so right there: "pre-orders placed after July 22, 2010"

SickBoy

apparently, vita sold out, was about to buy it with the 50$ tsilon coupon :(

I'm betting they'll be back in stock to coincide with the return to regular price. Going out of stock made my decision easy, though. I was conflicted about whether I should buy, even at $150.

Those coupons expired yesterday anyway I think.

That's a good deal. Too bad Pokemon Black and White 2 aren't up for pre-order yet.

If you pre-order from FS you get a steelbook.

zroid

Banned
I just saw the FS flyer and noticed the top of Disgaea 3 Vita's box peeking out. Tempting...

edit: aahh, that's the one which was mistaken for BlazBlue, haha

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Damn!

Binary Domain, Dark Souls and MGS3D are all on my list ...

Vamphuntr

At what time is the sale starting online? Is it at 12 PST or ET or simply at a random time tommorrow? I really doubt they have many copies of those 3DS games (but I'm sure they still have trucks full FFXIII-2)...

Neki

At what time is the sale starting online? Is it at 12 PST or ET or simply at a random time tommorrow? I really doubt they have many copies of those 3DS games (but I'm sure they still have trucks full FFXIII-2)...

We get it, you think FFXII is overstocked.

E-DuB

Anyone have any experience buying from Think Geek? Particularly in customs and shipping charges? Few days ago I picked up the "Bag of Holding" and was puzzled that the only two shipping options to Ontario had an added cost of bare minimum $25 at the bare minium. Then when I got home this evening and saw the "Sorry, We Missed You" slip I find out that I have to pay another $28 in customs fees.

Further, anyone know of a cheaper way to get their stuff across the border? Cause frankly an extra $50 on an order coming from Ohio is a little bizarre.

Hyunkel6

Anyone have any experience buying from Think Geek? Particularly in customs and shipping charges? Few days ago I picked up the "Bag of Holding" and was puzzled that the only two shipping options to Ontario had an added cost of bare minimum $25 at the bare minium. Then when I got home this evening and saw the "Sorry, We Missed You" slip I find out that I have to pay another $28 in customs.
Two of my friends eventually stopped buying from the site because of the ridiculous shipping charges. Every item they ordered arrived in a timely manner and in excellent condition though.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Anyone have any experience buying from Think Geek? Particularly in customs and shipping charges? Few days ago I picked up the "Bag of Holding" and was puzzled that the only two shipping options to Ontario had an added cost of bare minimum $25 at the bare minium. Then when I got home this evening and saw the "Sorry, We Missed You" slip I find out that I have to pay another $28 in customs fees.

Further, anyone know of a cheaper way to get their stuff across the border? Cause frankly an extra $50 on an order coming from Ohio is a little bizarre.
http://www.gamesforcanada.com/main-page.php

You can ask goomba478 questions on his boards or use his thread at CAG.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=179597&page=530

iphys

If they ship with UPS that would explain everything. Their brokerage fees are crazy. I try to stick with USPS whenever possible, or else I get stuff shipped to my dad's place in the US.

krae_man

$28 is high. Checking the site, they seem to only ship by DHL or UPS. Never buy anything from outside Canada unless A)the store charges you the taxes upfront(like Amazon.com does) or they ship by regular mail.

With Canada post delivering it, the worst you'll get dinged with is a $5 handling fee and HST on the declared value of the package.

If they ship with UPS that would explain everything. Their brokerage fees are crazy. I try to stick with USPS whenever possible, or else I get stuff shipped to my dad's place in the US.

He chose the DHL option. I can't even find their brokerage fees chart on their site.

E-DuB

Two of my friends eventually stopped buying from the site because of the ridiculous shipping charges. Every item they ordered arrived in a timely manner and in excellent condition though.

This is the hope, right? I bought it as a present for a friend that did some work for me recently and they were talking about buying the bag. I figured it would be good compensation.

That's one avenue I was thinking as well. I remember when Gomba initially started the service during my time lurking on the Canadian CAG sub-forum and to this point they've been able to spin it off into a pretty worthwhile venture. Since I've got all these "geek points" now that might be something to look into.

If they ship with UPS that would explain everything.

They use some company called DHL. They had pick up outlets in Grand and Toys but since they went the way of the Dodo, I'm fearing what my options are. We shall find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies doods.

iphys

DHL isn't as bad as UPS I don't think, but it's definitely worse than USPS from the one experience I had with them.

Oh, and you can get charged $8 by Canada Post if it's sent USPS express, so choose the slow option.

They use some company called DHL. They had pick up outlets in Grand and Toys but since they went the way of the Dodo, I'm fearing what my options are. We shall find out tomorrow.

Thanks for the replies doods.

I bought from Karmaloop and Plndr before and they both ship DHL which I have to agree is way too fucking expensive, pretty much if the company won't ship regular mail or clear customs themselves I won't buy from them anymore because it ends up being another $20-$30 at pickup. In my city DHL uses a local company for their service so I'm sure your city will be similar and if you call DHL they know which shipper is contracted and where to pick up etc.

RS4-

DHL is dogshit. Doesn't help that if I'm not around for the package I have to go to Brampton which is like a 45 min drive.

My brother orders from Karmaloop, etc at times and yeah, fuck taxes.

I had to pay $50 in taxes for a pair of boots that were delivered by uhh, UPS I believe. A few years ago I ordered some blurays from amazon.com and UPS charged me $30 in taxes lol.

Vamphuntr

That bestbuy sale is awful. MGS 3DS is already sold out and both Tales and Binary Domain are still at full price :(. It seems RFD are ready to hoard too and complained about the prices of both.

Dark Souls is sold out too...

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Stayed up until the wee hours of the morning waiting for the sale to go live on the site. Wake up this morning to find out Tales was never put on the sales anyway. gg, Best Buy.

Vamphuntr

Stayed up until the wee hours of the morning waiting for the sale to go live on the site. Wake up this morning to find out Tales was never put on the sales anyway. gg, Best Buy.

Anyway I doubt they have much copies to sell even if they honor the deal for it. It seems like a clearance sale to me and other titles were out of stock when I woke up this morning.

zroid

Banned

sucks. you can still get it in-store, at least. it was in the flyer so they have to honour it.

oops, apparently it isn't! dammit, Best Buy

Lourio

Just a heads up, got an email from Capcom - deal lasts for 3 days.

SSF IV Arcade Edition (PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD) is $10 at the Capcom Store.
You also get FLOCK! (PC DIGITAL DOWNLOAD) for free - is it any good?

Link

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom