• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazerei

Banned
I saw a copy of Rayman Origins Vita at Future Shop in Waterloo near Conestoga Mall, and the tag said $19.99. Great deal if you've got a $10 off receipt.

Cheerilee

Where is the best place to buy handhelds? I'm probably buying an XL on Sunday and I'm worried about dead pixels/other defects.

Any nation wide chain should have a great return policy. Personally I have mine pre-ordered via Futureshop. They included a $20 code for a future purchase.

IIRC, most of the big chains actually have policies against allowing returns for small amounts of dead pixels.

AFAIK, Costco has the best "return for any reason" warranties. You can get similar from other major stores by buying the store's "extended" warranty though.

zroid

Banned
I keep thinking they're going to stop with all their clearance sales, but some how they keep going. $19.97 Return to Dream Land too today. ;)

ooohhh maaaaan, thanks for mentioning this a while ago. I wasn't really planning to hunt down a copy, but I happened to be passing a Staples on my way home and decided to take a peek.

They had one left, and the price wasn't marked anywhere. Under any other circumstances, probably wouldn't have even bothered to check the price if you hadn't said you picked it up for 20 :p

isny

napkin dispenser
Hyrule Historia is being released in N/A? Wow, that's completely unexpected. Dunno if I want to spend $30 on it though >.<

My 60GB PS3 died a half a year ago, and I've since replaced it with a slim which is malfunctioning now, so I went to play PS2 games and realized I gave away the system. I'd like to replace it, and I can't seem to find anywhere online which sells any PS2s either...

Anyone know of any online retailers that still sell PS2s? Or anyone in the Ottawa area spot any PS2s sold at retailers? If not, I guess I'll have to go to ebay and bet on a used system.

I never expected to see the ps2 not being stocked anymore for some reason, especially when I searched online and saw they even released a Toy Story 3 bundle just over a year ago.

I sold one a few weeks ago to Chumleighs, on Bank. I bought it brand new back in January from Microplay, do if you go there and they have a slim for sale, it might be the same one.

J-Man

I sold one a few weeks ago to Chumleighs, on Bank. I bought it brand new back in January from Microplay, do if you go there and they have a slim for sale, it might be the same one.

Thanks, I live a couple of blocks from there so I'll check it out. I was hoping for new, so near new is good enough.

zroid

Banned
Guh, I guess I may as well get my pre-order in with amazon. I'll just cancel it later when it's available from chapters.

I don't understand this stuff. Say I buy a game tomorrow after the new list is up for a cheaper price at EB. Would the list change again before Saturday or not?

I'm just going by the Sleeping Dogs list, most titles I'd assume will carry over to NSMB2 and the XL.

Just as a notice to keep an eye for it, so you'll know where to find it if it's eligible for said games. :)

We won't find out for both until tomorrow.

Store Locator.

I'm confused. :(

So the list will be updated at 12:00 AM today? I preordered the game through BestBuy for $30+tax but if I can get it for cheaper, then I'm gonna go with it. :p So I can find a game for like $15 at EB tomorrow and give it in Sunday for NSMB2?

I also have MW3 for PS3 that I got for $30, but I don't know if I should give it or not.

Also, what's the chance that Uncharted 3 still stays on the list?

zroid

Banned
I'm confused. :(

So the list will be updated at 12:00 AM today? I preordered the game through BestBuy for $30+tax but if I can get it for cheaper, then I'm gonna go with it. :p So I can find a game for like $15 at EB tomorrow and give it in Sunday for NSMB2?

I also have MW3 for PS3 that I got for $30, but I don't know if I should give it or not.

Also, what's the chance that Uncharted 3 still stays on the list?

It would probably be safest to wait until Sunday to see what qualifies then. It's really anyone's guess right now how proactive FS will be in updating the list.

Usually it hasn't been so hard to take advantage, but NSMB2 is going to be a pretty high demand title, and the 5 for 3DS XL is quite a deal. They might make an extra effort this time, we'll find out soon I guess.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Flyers August 17-23 from CAG.

Best Buy

New Super Mario Bros. 2 [3DS] (+ Free Nintendo Figurine [Aug. 19 Only]) - $39.99 - [Trade 1 Get It Free]
Nintendo 3DS XL (+ SteelDiver Game) - $199.99
Transformers: Fall of Cybertron [PS3/360] (Pre-Order Bonus - 5 Transformers More Than Meets The Eye Episodes) - $59.99 - [Trade 2 Get It Free]
Xbox 360 250GB (+ Assassin's Creed: Brotherhood) - $249.99
Darksiders 2 [PS3/360] - $59.99, PC - $49.99
Sleeping Dogs [PS3/360] - $59.99
PS Vita (+ Uncharted: Golden Abyss) - $249.99
PS3 320GB Call of Duty MW3 Bundle (+ Little Big Planet 2) - $299.99

Pre-Orders (Get 800 Reward Zone Points with Pre-Order)

Madden 13 [PS3/360] (+ Bonus Exclusive NFL Legends Bill Walsh and Jerry Rice) - Avail. Aug. 28
Guild Wars 2 [PC] (+ Receive 1 Day Head Start Access) - Avail. Aug. 28
NHL 13 [PS3/360] (+ Bonus Official Reebok 20K Boost Pack) - Avail. Sept. 11
Borderlands 2 [PS3/360] (+ Bonus Membership To The Premiere Club) - Avail. Sept. 18

Futureshop

Persona 4 Arena [PS3/360] - $59.99
Darksiders 2 [PS3/360] - $59.99
Sleeping Dogs [PS3/360] - $59.99
Dead Island GOTY [PS3/360] - $19.99
Halo Combat Evolved Anniversary [360] - $29.99
Risen 2 Dark Waters Special Edition [PS3/360] - $49.99
Buy two Nintento Selects games, get one FREE (10 titles to choose from)
3DS XL (+ $20 towards any game in September when you buy it between Aug. 19 - 23) - $199.99 (Trade in 5 select games, get it free)
New Super Mario Bros. 2 [3DS] (+ Steelbook) - $39.99 (Trade in 1 select game, get it free)
Xbox 360 250GB Summer Value Bundle (INCLUDES: Gears of War 2, Halo Reach, Fable 3, Final Fantasy 13-2 and 3 Months Xbox Live) - $249.99
PS Vita (+ Uncharted: Golden Abyss) - $249.99

Pre-Orders

Transformers: Fall of Cybertron [PS3/360] - $59.99 (+ $10 Towards any game in Sept.) - Trade 2 Select Games Get it Free.
Borderlands 2 [PS3/360] (+ Bonus Steelbook) - Avail. Sept. 18
Madden 13 [PS3/360] (+ NFL Legends DLC) - Avail. Aug. 28
NHL 13 [PS3/360] (+ Reebok 20K Boost Pack) - Avail. Sept. 11

WalMart

3DS XL - $199
The Legend Of Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D [3DS] - $29.83
New Super Mario Bros. 2 [3DS] - $38.83
PS Vita (+ $50 WalMart Gift Card) - $249

Toys-R-Us

Skylanders Starter Pack [PS3/360/Wii/3DS] - $49.97
Skylander Figures - Buy 1 Get 1 40% Off
3DS XL - $199.99
PS Vita (+ 8GB Memory Card and 1 of any 4 games) - $249.99

The Best Buy trade-in list has been updated. Still waiting on Future Shop to update their list.

NSMB 2 is trade 2. Wasn't planning on picking it up there anyways but that is interesting.

Didn't the flyer that leaked say 1?

Hmm. Almost tempted to do the trade 5 deal and then use my EB credit for the XL for a Wii U. Does EB take Wii U preorders yet?

Fuzzy

It must be getting hammered, because the flyer is timing out for me when I try to access it.
FSzw3.png

suikodan

TI5 get 3DS games are up.

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/cate...spx?path=cb8953c32d74b1f39e3f640a2828c302en01

Looks the same as before for the most part, I noticed SSX was taken off...was hoping to pawn that off.

I'm happy about the list. I've been hunting for eligible games online, so far I could buy:

Mario 3D - 25$
Skyrim - 25$
NHL 12 = 25$
Ninja Gaiden 3 = 30$
and I'll try to find those cheap Wii games so I'll add 30$ maximum.

135$ for a new 3DS XL, not bad...

I'm happy about the list. I've been hunting for eligible games online, so far I could buy:

Mario 3D - 25$
Skyrim - 25$
NHL 12 = 25$
Ninja Gaiden 3 = 30$

There's Jockey Champion for Wii (on the list) for $9 at EB if your location actually has it in stock (Mississauga does).

So $115 for a new 3DS XL ;P

If I decide to go with Futureshop I have this to trade so far:

Kid Icarus (Don't like it)
Persona 4: Arena (Yeah, this just wasn't for me)
Dragon's Dogma (Done and Done)

I need two more and I don't want to trade away my Modern Warfare 3.

hyduK

Banned

Mario 3D - 25$
Skyrim - 25$
NHL 12 = 25$
Ninja Gaiden 3 = 30$

Yeah. Right now I think I'm going with:

Skyrim (just bought it during the Steam sale, no reason to have two)
Zelda SS - Never gonna finish it anyway.
SFXT - Barely even played it.
Batman AA - Got my moneys worth

5th game is between SMG2/ME3/Witcher 2...I'm thinking either ME3 or Witcher 2 since I just built a PC and can likely pick those up cheap during a steam sale soon.

schlew

The flyer definitely says one for NSMB2. Pretty sure they have to honour that.

Does it change if they put up an ad correction at the door?

If they do indeed honour the trade 1 deal, my local EB does have Champion Jockey. Got it put aside and I'll be picking it up tonight. Had NSMB2 paid off at EB, but this is too crazy to pass up.

Sora_N

I'm tempted to get an XL even though I don't need one. -_- I guess I won't try to trade for it, too much work since I have to buy 3 more games to do it.

Fuzzy

Does it change if they put up an ad correction at the door?
I'm pretty sure it does. Saying that, I don't think they've ever made it so you have to trade 2 games for a 3DS game before so I'm guessing the site is just wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom