• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned

Sora_N

Anyone know if it's possible for me to get someone in the US to help me buy the FFXIV PC direct download from Amazon.com and use it properly?

firehawk12

Subete no aware
The list will update on Friday. Hopefully there's another FF13-2 or something equally crazy to trade in.

Anyone know if it's possible for me to get someone in the US to help me buy the FFXIV PC direct download from Amazon.com and use it properly?
During the summer sale, people said you can just add a US billing address but use the same credit card number to buy games from Amazon.com.

Sora_N

The list will update on Friday. Hopefully there's another FF13-2 or something equally crazy to trade in.

During the summer sale, people said you can just add a US billing address but use the same credit card number to buy games from Amazon.com.

Interesting, I'll try it out later tonight or tomorrow if I wanna buy it. Even the digital versions would work I assume?

So I preordered Paper Mario: Sticker Star and New Super Mario Bros. 2 online at BestBuy.ca in one order during the E3 preorder sale. Will I be getting New Super Mario Bros. 2 in a separate order for next week, or do I have to wait until Paper Mario comes out in November?

Also, when do they usually ship games that were preordered months prior? A week before release?

Sora_N

So I preordered Paper Mario: Sticker Star and New Super Mario Bros. 2 online at BestBuy.ca in one order during the E3 preorder sale. Will I be getting New Super Mario Bros. 2 in a separate order for next week, or do I have to wait until Paper Mario comes out in November?

Also, when do they usually ship games that were preordered months prior? A week before release?

I think they ship the items that come in stock first, so you'll probably get NSMB2 shipped on Monday.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
On mobile so maybe it's glitching.
I think this happened to me once too. Whatever you click ends up sending you to the catalog of all used games for sale, instead of the qualifying games.

To see qualifying games on your phone you have to use the full site.

Sora_N

Wait, so they're going to ship it on Monday? I thought they ship it so that I would get it on Monday. :(

I have no idea tbh, I haven't preordered any Nintendo sunday release games off the sites before but they usually ship on release day for Tuesday releases. I don't know if they ship on Sundays at all though.

Can see it now... because I'm on a desktop computer.

So I could buy Star Fox or MP3 for $30 (Walmart), play it for several days, and trade it in toward NSMB2.

Much chance that SF or MP3 will be removed from the list for the NSMB2 promo?

Starfox may be removed, MP3 likely won't be.

Tiktaalik

Did the Last Story get pushed back a week? Went to go pick up a copy this morning and no one had it in stock. Looking online, most stores (Amazon, Best Buy, EB Games, etc) are now saying Aug 21st.

Asked at Futureshop and they said they were getting it next Tuesday. I'm pretty sure last time I bought an XSeed game it came a week later in Canada too.

People should post cheapo games that qualify.

The trade 1 for KH 3D featured Crush 3D and Lost in Shadow, $10 if you can find them, found Crush at TRU, had no luck finding LIS at $10 though. :/

Mainly interested in getting the XL. But if I can find one cheap one as well for NSMB2, I'll grab it.

Star Fox is $20 at Sears, Kirby as stated is around $20 at Staples (any in Montreal that have it?).

Cabela 2011 Wii is $20.

isny

napkin dispenser
Anyone going to Fan Expo next weekend? I wasn't planning on it, but after checking out the guest list I've since changed my mind.

Alright...so we'll say sometime in between the 24th and the 30th?

Anything in mind? Restaurant? Billiards? There's a Barcraft going on at the Clocktower if you guys are interested in that (if all else fails, it's actually a really nice pub, with some great microbrews).

How about the night of the 27th or 28th?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Wish I could work the system like you guys do. It just seems like so much work.

It's not as easy as it once was when we had Blockbuster, who basically priced used games without knowledge of EBgames' prices and deals. I could spend $40 at Blockbuster and trade the games in for a brand new DS.

You can still work the system to score a $100 3DS XL in this deal pretty easily.. unless they just destroy the qualifying list. Staples had a lot of qualifiers on sale ($19.97, or under) lately, but yes, if you own a few already, it will obviously help.

The Trade 5 for the XL is pretty tempting, I actually have a surprising number of qualifiers this time.

Also, anyone know if Futureshop will take the Signature Edition of Assassin's Creed Revelations? There's no Eb/Gamestop logos (that version was exclusive to them) anywhere on the package and it has the same UPC as the regular game but I remember people saying Fututreshop was pretty picky about stuff like that.

It's not as easy as it once was when we had Blockbuster, who basically priced used games without knowledge of EBgames' prices and deals. I could spend $40 at Blockbuster and trade the games in for a brand new DS.

You can still work the system to score a $100 3DS XL in this deal pretty easily.. unless they just destroy the qualifying list. Staples had a lot of qualifiers on sale ($19.97, or under) lately, but yes, if you own a few already, it will obviously help.

This is the only reason I miss Blockbuster. I'm hoping once the list is up I can find qualifying ones at Staples or WalMart maybe

I was just thinking about how much I missed Blockbuster for precisely that.

TheExodu5

Banned
Hmmm...I think I'll go for that 3DS deal.

Skyward Sword
Uncharted 3
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Starfox 3D

I need something else for fodder...anything cheap on the list?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Hmmm...I think I'll go for that 3DS deal.

Skyward Sword
Uncharted 3
Uncharted Golden Abyss
Starfox 3D

I need something else for fodder...anything cheap on the list?

Return to Dream Land is $19.97 (although some have found it for $9.97) at Staples if you can find a copy. Pretty sure Arkham City was marked down at Staples similarly too.

ameratsu

I read in another thread that Sony is dropping the price of a bunch of games, including Uncharted 3, to $20. Any idea if/when I will be able to pick up UC3 for this price in Canada? Thanks.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I have the following Futureshop promo codes for anyone that is interested:

- $20 off Assassins Creed 3 PS3 pre order
- $30 off Borderlands 2 LE PS3 pre order

Both expire on August 16.

suikodan

People should post cheapo games that qualify.

The trade 1 for KH 3D featured Crush 3D and Lost in Shadow, $10 if you can find them, found Crush at TRU, had no luck finding LIS at $10 though. :/

Mainly interested in getting the XL. But if I can find one cheap one as well for NSMB2, I'll grab it.

Star Fox is $20 at Sears, Kirby as stated is around $20 at Staples (any in Montreal that have it?).

Cabela 2011 Wii is $20.

You're in Montréal? (or around) Can you confirm that Star Fox is 20$ at "all" Sears or only some? And where did you see Cabela at 20$? Is it the game only or the full package with the gun?

I think I'll be hunting as well for games, hopefully I can find all 5 of them at 25/30$ max, that would be worthwhile.

Looking at the qualifier list, I'd have to say that EB's Trade 8 for the XL was a better deal overall - easier to find worthless $8 games, and ends up being a better value than some of the more popular games they're asking for. Plus they take Vita games too.
moot now I suppose, since that deal is over.

You're in Montréal? (or around) Can you confirm that Star Fox is 20$ at "all" Sears or only some? And where did you see Cabela at 20$? Is it the game only or the full package with the gun?

I think I'll be hunting as well for games, hopefully I can find all 5 of them at 25/30$ max, that would be worthwhile.

Star Fox was at the Sears at Place Vertu, and Cabela is at EBGames (like the one at Namur/Decarie Square).

nope. Toronto. Why is it montreal only?

No no, just wondered because we could help each other; use your un-needed games to trade for an XL and I can pay you for it.

ohlawd

Hey guys, I got a simple question...

How much credit will BB, FS and EB give me if I trade in a newly released game like NSMB2 a day after it releases? I'm thinking of trading in MW3 for it (hopefully it still qualifies)

I already have the game preordered at FS for my own use. I'm even gonna use the $10 off I got from getting KH 3D. I just wanna get rid of MW3.

Sora_N

Hey guys, I got a simple question...

How much credit will BB, FS and EB give me if I trade in a newly released game like NSMB2 a day after it releases? I'm thinking of trading in MW3 for it (hopefully it still qualifies)

I already have the game preordered at FS for my own use. I'm even gonna use the $10 off I got from getting KH 3D. I just wanna get rid of MW3.

KH is only $14 at EB right now. :/ Mario games might be at least $18, maybe up to 25?

ohlawd

Sounds like in the ballpark of what I was expecting for NSMB2 trade in.

Am I right to assume MW3's trade in value would be less than I would get for NSMB2?

zroid

Banned
This isn't a Canada-specific deal, but I'm Canadian, so f those other guys.

Asura's Wrath for 360 (new) is $19.95 + $5 shipping from eStarland (I can vouch for them).

PS3 version not on sale unfortunately.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom