• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socreges

Banned
Where can I get SMG2 for a reasonable price? Not even looking to trade-in - would just like to finish it (was playing on ex-roommate's copy).

The only game I'm wary to trade in is RE revelations. The games Im trading are Withcer 2, Dragons Dogma, Gravity Rush, ME3 and RE REv. I have Zelda SS but I dunno If I should hold on to it seeing as I havent really put much time into it.

TheExodu5

Banned
I'll be getting NSMB2 at BestBuy since they're taking Xenoblade, and FS isn't (I stupidly bought the NA version even though I owned the European import...time to fix that mistake).

iphys

Are you sure you want a Kindle? I went with a Kobo, since the Kindle isn't supported that well in Canada. Anyway, I noticed Shoppers Drug Mart now sells the Kindle and the Sony ereader, so I would probably buy one there on a 20x day if I were going to get one. The next 20x is supposedly September 1st.

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to reliable credit card info for a first timer?

I'm looking for a card to make online purchases that I cannot currently make through my debit card/Paypal like FutureShop/Amazon and then be able pay it off immediately to avoid any credit charges. Any suggestions?

I was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction to reliable credit card info for a first timer?

I'm looking for a card to make online purchases that I cannot currently make through my debit card/Paypal like FutureShop/Amazon and then be able pay it off immediately to avoid any credit charges. Any suggestions?

What bank are you with? TD just introduced a visa/debit card where you can make online purchases but it comes out of your debit account instead of credit.

Tagg9

I just went to Future Shop to try to get a $15 qualifier used game for NSMB2. They didn't have Halo Anniversary, but they did have Mass Effect 3 used for $25 ($15 after Click coupon). I couldn't remember if ME3 qualified, though, so I checked it on my cell phone. As I was doing so, an employee came by and removed that game, as well as AC:R.

30 seconds too late, haha. I walked out in despair.

Most signs point that the new Kindles will be coming out shortly. Wait for a few more weeks before pulling the trigger, if you can. I'm waiting as well.

Had no idea. I'll just use my iPad even though it's not ideal for reading on the subway and see what happens. My year old Kindle died on me a few days ago.

isny

napkin dispenser
Picked up a copy of Championship Jockey Wii at EB (Rideau Centre, Ottawa) to turd-flip for NSMB2. Went out to FutureShop only to realize the game isn't out yet, d'oh.

And you didn't pick me up one? =p

Did they still have a few copies left?

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
And you didn't pick me up one? =p

Did they still have a few copies left?

Going forward if you ever need me to pick you anything up, send a PM hahaha.

I can't tell if I got the last copy. There was a copy on the shelf, which I picked up (it was "new")--but when I checked out I got a sealed copy. I didn't see if the guy shrinkwrapped it for me or got it out of the back stock, I was watching the Persona 4 Arena trailer when he did it. Normally they don't shrinkwrap stuff unless you ask, so presumably the display copy is still there.

TheExodu5

Banned
I guess I'll head to Futureshop when it opens on Sunday, just in case.

Ottawa GAF - so we've decided on the 27th or 28th for a meet. Does anyone have anywhere in mind? I can offer rides if you can get to somewhere semi-accessible (like Hurdman).

Maybe The Works? Or Clocktower?

Yawnier

Banned
Where can I get SMG2 for a reasonable price? Not even looking to trade-in - would just like to finish it (was playing on ex-roommate's copy).

My local Costco had copies of Super Mario Galaxy 2 for $30. Haven't seen any other stores carry SMG2 at that low of a price anywhere else.

TheExodu5

Banned
27th is better for me personally, not sure about others.

The Works would be great, ideally the Glebe location. Clocktower is fine too, Market or Glebe.

Alright, so tentatively, The Works in the Glebe on the 27th. Say, 6:30PM? And if we change our minds, Clocktower is literally across the street.

therapist

So far ive got 80$ worth of games , 4 of them.
Missing 1 for the trade 5 deal...halo anniv or wtv even if i need to spend 30$ on one i dont care its still less than half price.

Does that void the tax as well?

Ive got gravity rush - i bought MK for 18.99 price match , traded that for gravity rush.
Starfox 3ds was 10$ at amazon during that weird sale.
I bought F1 2011 vita today to trade in , it was 19.99 after a coupon i got after trading in for kingdom heats 3ds.
Kid Icarus i paid 30 for...i kinda wanna keep that one.

Also im curious , for kid icarus would they not accept it without the stand and the extra box that goes with it?
That would be silly but i wanna be sure.

Got back and I got:

Champion Jockey Wii $10
Hallo Anniversary $15 after the Click coupon
AssCreed Rev 360 $15 after the KH coupon

I'm getting 3D Land via a trade with someone in town on Sunday.

I'll give up my copy of Kirby (worth it), I didn't want to give up MK7 as the save would go with it.

So the XL will be mine for $40! :D

Socreges

Banned
So far ive got 80$ worth of games , 4 of them.
Missing 1 for the trade 5 deal...halo anniv or wtv even if i need to spend 30$ on one i dont care its still less than half price.

Does that void the tax as well?

Ive got gravity rush - i bought MK for 18.99 price match , traded that for gravity rush.
Starfox 3ds was 10$ at amazon during that weird sale.
I bought F1 2011 vita today to trade in , it was 19.99 after a coupon i got after trading in for kingdom heats 3ds.
Kid Icarus i paid 30 for...i kinda wanna keep that one.

Also im curious , for kid icarus would they not accept it without the stand and the extra box that goes with it?
That would be silly but i wanna be sure.
Max Payne 3 is $20 at Walmart right now. Including the MP3/LCS bundle. I just went to buy it for $30....lucked out.

Lothars

Max Payne 3 is $20 at Walmart right now. Including the MP3/LCS bundle. I just went to buy it for $30....lucked out.
excellent, I am going to go and buy that. Thanks for the tip.

that's my game number 5 than if they let me trade in a ps3 and 360 copy of mass effect that i just bought for 15 each if not than I have mlb the show and twisted metal, I can use.

Socreges

Banned

that's my game number 5 than if they let me trade in a ps3 and 360 copy of mass effect that i just bought for 15 each if not than I have mlb the show and twisted metal, I can use.
Nice to contribute something after leeching info off you guys for years. YMMV though. Dunno if it's a Canada-wide price.

zroid

Banned

FWIW, they say you can't trade two of the same game "regardless of console".

isny

napkin dispenser
So Championship Jockey, Halo Anniversary, Assassins Creed and Max Payne 3. That's four out of five titles. Is there another one on the trade in list I can get for $20-$30? Too bad they won't take KH =(

elty

Can't find Championship Jockey... anyone has one suggestion? Already took most of the other.

P.S. is the Click magazine available at every FS?

Can't find Championship Jockey... anyone has one suggestion? Already took most of the other.

P.S. is the Click magazine available at every FS?

Everyone I've been to has had one, rather at the register or the clearance table.

So Championship Jockey, Halo Anniversary, Assassins Creed and Max Payne 3. That's four out of five titles. Is there another one on the trade in list I can get for $20-$30? Too bad they won't take KH =(

Mario 3d Land is $30 used at Futureshop, $20 with the click coupon.

elty

Everyone I've been to has had one, rather at the register or the clearance table.

Arrr I never ask the register... I guess I will!

P.S. is there a list of the game list somewhere so I can print and check?

P.P.S Ninja Gaiden 3 is $30 at BB new

isny

napkin dispenser

Will try to find this, thanks, otherwise, F1 2011 for the Vita is $29.99 new so I'll probably just bite and buy that. (Which will bring my total cost to $100 taxes in for a 3DS XL which will be covered by selling my 3DS on ebay once the ambassador stuff is transferred over!)

Thanks to everyone who contributed =)

Wooo, got my Champion Jockey (EB at Billings in Ottawa). Good luck everybody! And thanks for the heads up!

Any left when you bought yours?

zroid

Banned
I can't believe I'm doing this, if you'd asked me a week ago I'd have said maybe I'll get an XL some time in 2013.

But if all goes according to plan, I'll have my 5 games for $81. I'm probably going to hang on to my Aqua Blue 3DS.

I can't believe I'm doing this, if you'd asked me a week ago I'd have said maybe I'll get an XL some time in 2013.

But if all goes according to plan, I'll have my 5 games for $81. I'm probably going to hang on to my Aqua Blue 3DS.

Same thing with me. Wasn't planning in getting the XL, but this FS deal is too good. I already had five games, so why not get one for free.

Sora_N

I have Mario Kart 7, Starfox, AC Rev (Xbox, getting it tomorrow instore pick up at FS, gonna use the click coupon). Missing 2 games.

Doesn't look like I can find the jockey game, and I'm not sure if I can go to WM.

zroid

Banned
ACRev would've been nice but the closest FS to me with a used X360 copy in stock is 90km away. :/

Sucks that the PS3 version isn't on the list. I can easily replace it with a $20 game though so I'll live with the extra $5 expenditure.

EDIT: on second thought, I might be able to get Mass Effect 3, which is also $24.99 (-10 with coupon)... hmmm

Sora_N

I could use my KH3D credit to buy Batman AC NEW (Xbox) for 20 bucks, and then use the click coupon to buy the PS3 version used for 35-10 = 25, or MW3 for the same price.

Starfox (10), Mk7 (20), ACR (15), Batman (20) + 25 = 90 bucks for an XL lol, not bad still.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom