• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

therapist

hmm this trade 5 deal is interesting , i need that list , but doubtful it will change much anyways.

Kid icarus, starfox , unit 13...not sure what else i have might need to buy some

For me: Dragons Dogma, Witcher 2, ME3, Gravity Rush and RE Revelations. I dont wanna trade in the last two so Im hoping theyll add Thearythm and something else this week.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If we go for a second XL, it'll be Galaxy 2 (cheap to rebuy), Return to Dream Land (cheap), NSMB Wii (easy to find and rebuy), Arkham City, Saints Row 3 (both cheaper on Steam sales).

Neki

If we go for a second XL, it'll be Galaxy 2 (cheap to rebuy), Return to Dream Land (cheap), NSMB Wii (easy to find and rebuy), Arkham City, Saints Row 3 (both cheaper on Steam sales).

I kinda want to do this, give up Galaxy 2, Return to Dreamland and NSMB Wii lol. I'd have to find other games too though, I have Tales of Grace F hm, but I really wish I kept Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, I didn't think it'd hold this much value this long. lol.

I kinda want to do this, give up Galaxy 2, Return to Dreamland and NSMB Wii lol. I'd have to find other games too though, I have Tales of Grace F hm, but I really wish I kept Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3, I didn't think it'd hold this much value this long. lol.

Is this the same NSMB that was packaged with the red wii? Cuz I have that, but it came in a cardboard sleeve.

ponpo

( ≖‿≖)
So, isny says he's good for a meet from the 20th until the end of the month, after 5PM.

Anyone else interested in an Ottawa meet-up, persumably with myself, isny, and Stumpokapow?

Possibly me?

Also seconding wish for a trade 5 for vita deal

Anyone have any idea where I could buy a Rock Band/Guitar Hero/Band Hero bundle, preferably new and under $150? I know I'm a few years late to the whole music game thing, but I only played one of the games for the first time this past weekend, and I want to play more...except, as far as I can tell, nowhere even carries them anymore.

Oh, and I should add that I live in Ottawa.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Anyone have any idea where I could buy a Rock Band/Guitar Hero/Band Hero bundle, preferably new and under $150? I know I'm a few years late to the whole music game thing, but I only played one of the games for the first time this past weekend, and I want to play more...except, as far as I can tell, nowhere even carries them anymore.

Game Centre (Toronto) has a bunch of titles (DJ Hero, Rock Band, Guitar Hero) for $20 for DJ Hero to something like $50 for the RB/GH sets. Really they shouldn't be too expensive to find anywhere. Under $100 easily. Cheapest guitar only bundle at EBgames is Aerosmith for $19.99. I'm guessing you can find a lot of used set instruments store to store.

Trogdor1123

Game Centre (Toronto) has a bunch of titles (DJ Hero, Rock Band, Guitar Hero) for $20 for DJ Hero to something like $50 for the RB/GH sets. Really they shouldn't be too expensive to find anywhere. Under $100 easily. Cheapest guitar only bundle at EBgames is Aerosmith for $19.99. I'm guessing you can find a lot of used set instruments store to store.

Id love to find a Rockband set, my drum set from RB2 died on me some time ago and i never bought a new one.

J-Man

My 60GB PS3 died a half a year ago, and I've since replaced it with a slim which is malfunctioning now, so I went to play PS2 games and realized I gave away the system. I'd like to replace it, and I can't seem to find anywhere online which sells any PS2s either...

Anyone know of any online retailers that still sell PS2s? Or anyone in the Ottawa area spot any PS2s sold at retailers? If not, I guess I'll have to go to ebay and bet on a used system.

I never expected to see the ps2 not being stocked anymore for some reason, especially when I searched online and saw they even released a Toy Story 3 bundle just over a year ago.

sikkinixx

Oh, and I should add that I live in Ottawa.

Thrift stores. No joke. I went to a bunch this weekend and saw a ton of sets, all for under $20.

zroid

Banned
I hope HSG Vita stays on the FS qualifier list for NSMB2. There's a $14.99 used copy at a nearby EB with Future Shop's name on it.

Sora_N

I want to buy Pokemon Black/White for the DS. Is it one of those evergreen titles that never goes on sale?

Pokemon games go on sale once or twice a year at Toys 'R Us, they've been on sale at least once already this year (when I picked up my White). Not sure about other stores.

Lothars

This isn't a Canada-specific deal, but I'm Canadian, so f those other guys.

Asura's Wrath for 360 (new) is $19.95 + $5 shipping from eStarland (I can vouch for them).

PS3 version not on sale unfortunately.
Sweet, thanks so much for letting me know about it.

I ordered hopefully they come through.

Sora_N

Anyone use Gamebot before? I ordered Yakuza 3 on July 29th, still waiting. Took 6-7 business days for Gamebot to send out the mailer, now I'm just waiting for the seller to ship. What's the average wait? It's my first time, so just curious.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Is Rayman Origins still going for $9 at Walmart? I hope I didn't miss out.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Where is the best place to buy handhelds? I'm probably buying an XL on Sunday and I'm worried about dead pixels/other defects.

I bought my original 3DS from Best Buy around launch, no dead pixels or anything so far.

Quadratic

Any nation wide chain should have a great return policy. Personally I have mine pre-ordered via Futureshop. They included a $20 code for a future purchase.

This isn't a Canada-specific deal, but I'm Canadian, so f those other guys.

Asura's Wrath for 360 (new) is $19.95 + $5 shipping from eStarland (I can vouch for them).

PS3 version not on sale unfortunately.

Thanks for this, after hearing all the praise from GiantBomb I've been looking for a deal on the game for awhile.

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn.

I'm at work.

Oh well, $19.99 ain't bad either.

You live in Montreal? I could buy a copy for you and then you can give me the $10 back, if it's possible for me to go out as I'm at home. :)

nope it's just the current trade in list and I will update it tonight once it's updated.

You mean the list of eligible titles in the trade-in lists? Or does it come with all the values and such?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom