• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

zroid

Banned
Does it change if they put up an ad correction at the door?

If they do indeed honour the trade 1 deal, my local EB does have Champion Jockey. Got it put aside and I'll be picking it up tonight. Had NSMB2 paid off at EB, but this is too crazy to pass up.

yeah, hopefully that won't happen >_>

My closest EBs don't have Champion Jockey, although a couple do which are a bit further away -- that is, a 15 minute drive.

It's too bad Best Buy's qualifier list is so much more restrictive, I'd have liked to get that figurine :3

Kazerei

Banned
Batman Arkham City is on the list, but does it have to be the GOTY version? I have the original game and wouldn't mind trading it in.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Batman Arkham City is on the list, but does it have to be the GOTY version? I have the original game and wouldn't mind trading it in.
The UPC in their system is the GotY version but yesterday I traded in a copy of the original version and pointed out that it doesn't say GotY on the site. The guy told me to wait a minute then came back and said they'd take it.

v_au27

Neo Member
extra codes I got from the site Tsilon not sure if expired

borderlands ps3 $20
GLIST20RK9SWB9

borderlands pc $20
GLIST21SB8S3XT

cinema now $20
KIJY07057C

Fuzzy

borderlands ps3 $20
GLIST20RK9SWB9

borderlands pc $20
GLIST21SB8S3XT
For use at FutureShop.ca only for those who don't know. I think they might expire August 28th but I'm not sure.

LkPr

borderlands ps3 $20
GLIST20RK9SWB9

borderlands pc $20
GLIST21SB8S3XT

cinema now $20
KIJY07057C

Just tried the borderlands PS3 one and it didn't work... was it a one-time use only code?

Fuzzy

That's why we email tag our stuff! Do it guys!
And there are plenty of members who don't say thanks when they are hidden. If you want it to go to someone and you don't care who then there's really no point in hiding it. If you care who gets it then have them PM you and send it that way.

Damnit...Uncharted 3 and Hot Shots Golf no longer valid.
With the official price drops to $20 it was expected.

TheExodu5

Banned
Ok, so far:

Zelda Skyward Sword
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Starfox 64 3D
Uncharted Golden Abyss

I need to pick up something else cheap to avoid trading in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

And there are plenty of members who don't say thanks when they are hidden.

how_rude.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Ok, so far:

Zelda Skyward Sword
Devil May Cry HD Collection
Starfox 64 3D
Uncharted Golden Abyss

I need to pick up something else cheap to avoid trading in Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Hunt down those $19.97 Return to Dream Land, or Assassin's Creed: Revelations copies at Staples. Likewise, some people were reporting $20 copies of StarFox 64 3D at Costco, but varying from store to store.

Well my list so far to buy:

Champion Jockey $10 (EB)
Cabela Dangerous 2011 Wii $20 (hopefully they take the standalone copy) (EB)
Kirby Return to Dreamland Wii $20 (Staples)

Could try using my $10 off Futureshop coupon to grab another for cheap, any $20 games on the list at Futureshop?

Edit: Hmm! I'll try grabbing AssCreed Revelations! Thanks EM! Are both versions at that price?

Edit: FS only takes the 360 version.

Well my list so far to buy:

Champion Jockey $10 (EB)
Cabela Dangerous 2011 Wii $20 (hopefully they take the standalone copy) (EB)
Kirby Return to Dreamland Wii $20 (Staples)

Could try using my $10 off Futureshop coupon to grab another for cheap, any $20 games on the list at Futureshop?

Edit: Hmm! I'll try grabbing AssCreed Revelations! Thanks EM! Are both versions at that price?

Edit: FS only takes the 360 version.

Return to DreamLand is only $20 at Staples?!

And there are plenty of members who don't say thanks when they are hidden. If you want it to go to someone and you don't care who then there's really no point in hiding it. If you care who gets it then have them PM you and send it that way.

Well, let's just say I'd rather have some GAF member take it rather than an RFDer.

Sajjaja

Price drop on Jak and Daxter has me thinking. Is it worth $20 if I haven't played any of them before?

Was a big Crash fan(got 1 2 3 and Bash).

ElNino

Is the multiplayer in it any good, or come as close to NSMBWii?
I played it with my son and thought it was pretty good. In some ways I think it's better than NSMBWii for multi since your can't really "screw" your co-op players like you can in NSMBWii. They are very different games, but I would recommend Return to Dreamland as a fun game to play.

I had Capcom Digital Collections at my Staples for $19.97 and it still qualifies.

Fucking annoyed that Manitoba is excluded in this deal because I would have taken advantage of this.

Price Match idea:

If you've seen Kirby and/or AssCreed for $10/20 at Staples, snap and upload a photo of the price tag, or the receipt.

Stores might allow that for price matching.

TheExodu5

Banned
Thanks a ton for the heads up Lone_Prodigy.

Got Assassin's Creed Revelation 360 for $15 after using the Click Magazine coupon. Everything's a go for Sunday. Now I need to decide in between Blue and Red.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
So despite that Walmart sale for Rayman Origins being over last night, I went to Best Buy this morning hoping that the Walmart.ca site didn't update. I went in and asked for a price adjustment, they check and it was still listed as $9.86 or whatever. So I got the game for basically $8.99 plus taxes :D.

Edit: Also, I pre-ordered that Hyrule Historia book! Thanks for the link.

So despite that Walmart sale for Rayman Origins being over last night, I went to Best Buy this morning hoping that the Walmart.ca site didn't update. I went in and asked for a price adjustment, they check and it was still listed as $9.86 or whatever. So I got the game for basically $8.99 plus taxes :D.

*Claps* Really happy for you! :D

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Picked up a copy of Championship Jockey Wii at EB (Rideau Centre, Ottawa) to turd-flip for NSMB2. Went out to FutureShop only to realize the game isn't out yet, d'oh.

Nice find for $9.99. Too bad stock is almost nonexistent at EBgames around the city (Toronto). Anyone else selling it for that price?

Palehorse

The magazine should be in store. I was told there should be a stack of them, but I couldn't find one. There was one tucked away by the sales counter near the video games section.

Nicely done on the coupon in the magazine. Halo Anniversary is $25 used at FS now and is on the list for the trade in. I picked it up today to flip for the XL and missed the coupon. I'm going back for AssCreed Revel so I'll look for the coupon.

Combine those two with Arkham City, SML3D and Galaxy 2 and I will be upgrading to the XL come Sunday.

I asked the FS guy helping me if they cared that I bought a used game from them to trade back to them come Sunday. He shrugged and said nope.

I guess they get the profit on the used game and then get to resell it. Up to them whether 5 games is enough to cover their cost on the XLs.

Nicely done on the coupon in the magazine. Halo Anniversary is $25 used at FS now and is on the list for the trade in. I picked it up today to flip for the XL and missed the coupon. I'm going back for AssCreed Revel so I'll look for the coupon.

Combine those two with Arkham City, SML3D and Galaxy 2 and I will be upgrading to the XL come Sunday.

I asked the FS guy helping me if they cared that I bought a used game from them to trade back to them come Sunday. He shrugged and said nope.

I guess they get the profit on the used game and then get to resell it. Up to them whether 5 games is enough to cover their cost on the XLs.

Anyone able to scan the coupon? I don't want to buy a magazine to get it. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom