• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could use my KH3D credit to buy Batman AC NEW (Xbox) for 20 bucks, and then use the click coupon to buy the PS3 version used for 35-10 = 25, or MW3 for the same price.

Starfox (10), Mk7 (20), ACR (15), Batman (20) + 25 = 90 bucks for an XL lol, not bad still.

Where'd you get SF for $10?

zroid

Banned
Where'd you get SF for $10?

Amazon sale, I'm guessing?

To correct my earlier statement, if all goes according to plan *now*, I should have my 5 games for $76. Tomorrow will be fun. Have to drive to Newmarket from Markham (~30 minutes) to pick up two games, then head down to Aurora (~10 minutes) to pick up two more, and get the 5th from back in Markham (~10 minutes).

I might get MF3 for $15 if the printout of the Click Magazine coupon works there as well, the location I was at today didn't have the magazine but they accepted a printout.

I don't want to give up Kirby or MK7. :(

zroid

Banned
uh oh, I was kind of intending to use two on the spot T_T
maybe I'll force my mom to come along

EDIT: yep, definitely forcing my mom along

Sora_N

I might get MF3 for $15 if the printout of the Click Magazine coupon works there as well, the location I was at today didn't have the magazine but they accepted a printout.

I don't want to give up Kirby or MK7. :(

I'm only giving up MK7 cuz i bought it during BB sale + $10 nintendozone coupon, it's still sealed and I'm not gonna play it anytime soon. If I can't find 3 more games I might not do a trade for XL though, waste of effort.

What's MF3?

Are you sure MaxPayne is still for 20$ at Walmart ?
Caue their website says 30$ in store and 20$ online but it's OOS.
I may give them a visit tomorrow and see.
Thanks for Champion Jockey hint guys. I got it for 5$ used at EB : )
I was at 711 today and just stumbled by a copy of TinTin for 360 used for 15$ : )
Then on my way home stopped by FS and got AC:R for 15$ with Click coupon.
Really appreciate your help guys and seriously you should check 711 for any hidden gems.

suikodan

So far I have

Jockey game PS3/Wii (15$/10$)
Tintin Wii (can't believe it's on the list) 20$
Capcom Digital Collection (20$ at Staples, thx to whoever pointed that out earlier in this thread)

I will probably get Mario 3ds for 25$ and another game so I will get a XL and NSMB2.

So far I have

Capcom Digital Collection (20$ at Staples, thx to whoever pointed that out earlier in this thread)

I will probably get Mario 3ds for 25$ and another game so I will get a XL and NSMB2.

You can't trade two copies of the same game even if they are for different consoles. You better use one of these Jockey copies for NSMB2 at a later time i.e at a different transaction not while you're trading for the 3DS XL.

isny

napkin dispenser
WalMart Baseline in Ottawa has copies of ME3 for the 360. They had 2-3 left as of half an hour ago after I got my copy.

zroid

Banned
ive got three of my trader games in filled ISPUs, and one on hold at EB. 5th i'm picking up from a Staples clearance bin. The hunt begins!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Am I an asshole for hoping they sell out of systems before most of you guys are able to trade your games for one. :lol

BTW Future Shop is doing another online-only sale tonight. Saturday 6pm EDT to Sunday 10am EDT.

20% off all trade-in games (I guess it means used games)
15% off all accessories (doesn't say select like usual)

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-ca/online-sale.aspx?fullsite=true&CMP=EMC-ALL-120818

EDIT:
qx3oz.png

Picture shows 20% off accessories but it's listed as 15% off down below.

Samyy

Does anyone know if there's a midnight launch in Mississauga for the 3DS xl anywhere :/ only time I might be able to get one on Sunday.

Sora_N

So far I have

Where did you get Tintin for $20?

Quick

Banned
Traded in NBA 2K12, Oblivion, and Max Payne 3 for 31, got an extra $5 in trade credit at Best Buy to make it $36 and picked up a Vita+Uncharted with an 8GB card.

Good times.

isny

napkin dispenser
WalMart Baseline in Ottawa has copies of ME3 for the 360. They had 2-3 left as of half an hour ago after I got my copy.

By this I mean Max Payne 3.

Got my haul, thanks again for all of the tips and help everyone =)

Max Payne 3 $20, Jockey $10, Capcom Digital $20, TinTin $20, Assassins Creed $15 - Total cost was about $95 =D

AwVYgl.jpg

Max Payne 3 $20, Jockey $10, Capcom Digital $20, TinTin $20, Assassins Creed $15 - Total cost was about $95 =D

AwVYgl.jpg

You live in Montreal? Because those price tags are only really found here in Montreal and likely other spots in QC.

isny

napkin dispenser
You live in Montreal? Because those price tags are only really found here in Montreal and likely other spots in QC.

Ottawa, close enough to Quebec that Staples probably shares the same stock. Anytime I order from Staples online the product comes from the Montreal warehouse.

DJ_Lae

Going to see if Uptown Walmart still has some Max Paynes. I was going to buy it to play but now I'm not sure if I want to toss it towards an XL and NSMB2 along with Uncharted 3 and a few other games I already own.

I find it amusing that so many games on the list are dirt cheap used at Future Shop, like Assassin's Creed Revelations at $25.

isny

napkin dispenser
Those of you going to Stooples, they have a 32gb class 6 SD card for $15 today only, so if you're in the need for a cheap SD card just ask if they have any left. Buying this and two games at $20 each will bump you over the $50 mark which will also entitle you to a free $10 Sears GC.

SickBoy

I saw that Tintin at Staples and was a little concerned about it -- no French on the packaging suggests to me it might be a U.S. copy brought across the border... and possibly a different UPC code... knowing Future Shop that could be problematic.

(EDIT: And those price tags are in Staples across the country -- they've all stocked up with those "Bargain Games" boxes)

isny

napkin dispenser
I saw that Tintin at Staples and was a little concerned about it -- no French on the packaging suggests to me it might be a U.S. copy brought across the border... and possibly a different UPC code... knowing Future Shop that could be problematic.

(EDIT: And those price tags are in Staples across the country -- they've all stocked up with those "Bargain Games" boxes)

TinTin at Amazon.ca
TinTin at Chapters

It's the same SKU that Amazon and Chapters both have listed. AFAIK the Canadian version is the same SKU with different packaging: ala the billingual cover Chapters has on their product page versus the monolingual one Amazon (and Best Buy) have listed.

elty

So...

I got

Tintin $20
Halo Anniversary $15
F1 2011 $20 (after $10 KH coupon)
AC:R $30 (hopefully this will drop to $20 again in 60 days so I can use price protection)
Max Pryce 3 $17

No Jockey to be found from 3 EB. East Toronto always sucks for cheap game fodder.

$102 (or $92 if AC:R is back to $20) for a 3DS XL that I don't even know what game it has!

zroid

Banned

Awesome. My haul obtained as well ^_^

- Jockey $10
- Halo Anniversary $15
- Mass Effect 3 $15
- Max Payne 3 $16
- Kirby's RTD $20

$76+tax

No Jockey to be found from 3 EB. East Toronto always sucks for cheap game fodder.

I'm in Markham and managed to get two copies. Had to drive a bit for both, though. One from Richmond Hill, one from Aurora. Going to use one for the system and one for NSMB2. Might go to two different Future Shops.

Super jelly of you guys, I really wish I knew why Manitoba was excluded in this hot deal, I could have found enough fodder around here to take advantage of this.

I hope FS has enough 3ds xls to meet the demand. Between Red Flag, cheap ass and here there are a lot of people doing this deal. Get there early and do an instore pickup if you can.

I hope FS has enough 3ds xls to meet the demand. Between Red Flag, cheap ass and here there are a lot of people doing this deal. Get there early and do an instore pickup if you can.

What's the preorder cost? If I put money down today to reserve one can I get that deposit back when I do the deal tomorow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom