• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

suikodan

Whew, what an adventure this was! My final haul

for the 3DSXL
Max Payne 3 -PS3 (29$)
Ninja Gaiden 3 - PS3 (16$ after PM at BestBuy)
Capcom Digital Collection - 360 (20$)
Champion Jockey - Wii (10$)
Tintin - Wii (20$)

for NSMB2
Champion Jockey - PS3 (15$)

What's funny is that all games are brand new from yesterday. I was supposed to buy some used games from Kijiji but the guy selling me Mario 3D Land was too hard to schedule something with and the guy selling me Skyrim PS3 told me that it was the french (PAL) version so I thought the FS guy could be picky into accepting it.

I also had a 40$ gift certificate from BestBuy so I told myself that I could go and buy NG3 and MP3 ar 30$ each and still only spend 20$ from my own pocket. I arrived at BB, picked up the games and asked the cashier to pricematch MP3 at 29$ instead of 59$. The other cashier next to us said "Lol, the Wal-Mart's price isn't 29$, it's 19$ so we'll sell the game for 16$". I knew that MP3 was 20$ at Wal-Mart but all locations were showing the 30$ price mark. So both games cost me 52$ minus 40$ of gift certificates. Wow...

Can't wait for tomorrow now. Hopefully the eShop version of NSMB2 will be on sale and eligible for the T1G1 and I'll probably search another Champion Jockey for a physical version of NSMB2 for my wife who will inherit my regular 3DS.

Tagg9

I see a few Victoria posts in here. How many fellow GAFers live in the best Victoria in the world? (sorry Australia)

And who is showing up at opening time tomorrow at Uptown FS?

Yep, I also live in Victoria. And a five minute walk from Uptown! I'm unfortunately busy all day tomorrow, but I'll be showing up later on to trade 1 for NSMB2.

Big Chungus

Updated trade-in list!

Champion Jockey Wii $10
Halo Anniversary $15
Assassin's Creed Revelations 360 $15
Mass Effect 3 PS3 $15

Getting Super Mario 3D Land via trade tomorrow with someone on Kijiji!

Total = $55!

Don't have to give up Kirby or Mario Kart 7! :D
Where did you get halo anniversary for $15?

So I just checked Future shop website and they are out of Blue 3DS XL.
Does this mean they are all on hold for in store pick up ?
Could it happen that they run OOS so early ?

zroid

Banned
I'm picturing a line of GAFfers and RFDers, copies of Champion Jockey in hand, all pulling the same scam. *cringe*

this is going to be really awkward

...on the other hand, there were only two $10 copies of Champion Jockey anywhere near the Future Shop I'm going to, and I have both of them. :|

elty

Do you need to unwrap game to do trade in? I dont want to have $100 worth of junk if they change the qualifer list.

Sora_N

Do you need to unwrap game to do trade in? I dont want to have $100 worth of junk if they change the qualifer list.

No, I never opened my Crush. The guy opened it for me, but I guess you should ASK if it qualifies first if you're worried, before they do anything.

sikkinixx

It would be humorous if stores only had like 2 of each colour per and lines of RFDers screaming at eachother to get it to sell on Craigslist

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
It would be humorous if stores only had like 2 of each colour per and lines of RFDers screaming at eachother to get it to sell on Craigslist
Even if they have enough for everyone I shudder to think how long it'll take to do all of those trade ins. Future Shop takes forever when you're trading in games. :lol

Darko

Even if they have enough for everyone I shudder to think how long it'll take to do all of those trade ins. Future Shop takes forever when you're trading in games. :lol

took me 20 mins just for sleeping dogs....

Yepper!

I managed to use another printout of the Click coupon...

... at the same FS. XD

Luckily the guy I dealt with yesterday didn't see me, he was there in the game section again, but I went to the cashier. XD

lol I did 4 in the same store.... the trick is to order in store pickup... do one at customer service and one at the regular cashier....

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
lol I did 4 in the same store.... the trick is to order in store pickup... do one at customer service and one at the regular cashier....
Why are you guys worrying so much? The coupon says 1 per customer per transaction. It doesn't say you can't do multiple transactions.

DJ_Lae

Yeah, and if the system freezes on you they have to start all over.

Trading in five games to get my Vita for $50 a couple months back took almost half an hour.

the3ye

No horses in Vancouver...but Staples had Kirby and Tintin
yeeey XL+NSMB2 for $100
blue or red, red or blue, blue or red, red or blue...

Any chances to get accessories tomorrow? I want that XL cradle....

zroid

Banned
Yeah, and if the system freezes on you they have to start all over.

Trading in five games to get my Vita for $50 a couple months back took almost half an hour.

yikes, I've only ever done Trade 1s before. Ugh.

Well, more time to froth at the mouth with dat XL box in front of me.

Spike

Why are you guys worrying so much? The coupon says 1 per customer per transaction. It doesn't say you can't do multiple transactions.

I had three games I tried to buy from the Weston FS. I asked to have each as a separate transaction. The clerk in the games department wouldn't do it. Called the manager. Still wouldn't do it. I went to the front cashiers, an the girl did it all on one bill with the discount for each title.

Sora_N

not sure how good high stock is gonna be, so im going first thing...

Most of the trade-in stuff hasn't lasted that long, I'm missing a game so I'm just gonna wait till Monday night, heh. I just hope I don't miss out, not a big deal I guess if I do miss it.

Sora_N

Do you mean you can order it as an ISPU, and then go and do the trade for it? I've never done an ISPU before.

I had to do that for Kingdom Hearts, my copy that I did ISPU WAS the only copy so thank god I did the ISPU.

I won't do ISPU until Monday, just hope my local stores still have stock and that my trade works out. If not, I'm gonna head to Wal-Mart and grab MP3 or something.

Pretty anxious about tomorrow. Im half expecting dozens of RFD'ers and other customers in the know, clogging up the sales associates and the 3DS XL's selling out within the hour. What a waste of time that'll be. (For reference, Ive never done one these types of deals).

Spike

doesnt charge your cc at all.... the just hold it for u at customer service

And then I just go in with the games and do the trade. What if they hand out all the systems before they pull the ISPU orders?

I did pick up some qualifiers from FS themselves. Should I open the packaging or just take it to them as is and save them the time of repackaging them up?

As you can no doubt tell, I've never done any trading before. Sorry for the silly questions.

And then I just go in with the games and do the trade. What if they hand out all the systems before they pull the ISPU orders?

I did pick up some qualifiers from FS themselves. Should I open the packaging or just take it to them as is and save them the time of repackaging them up?

As you can no doubt tell, I've never done any trading before. Sorry for the silly questions.

Its okay, I havent either so youre not alone.

Sora_N

-You will get an email if your ISPU is filled, don't go asking at the store unless you got confirmation email saying YOUR ORDER XXX IS FILLED.

-Don't open anything, until you're doing the trade. There's no point unless they decide not to take whatever games you have.

Spike

-You will get an email if your ISPU is filled, don't go asking at the store unless you got confirmation email saying YOUR ORDER XXX IS FILLED.

-Don't open anything, until you're doing the trade. There's no point unless they decide not to take whatever games you have.

Thanks for the explanation, Sora! Much appreciated.

Just two more questions, though:

I was planning on getting to the Weston FS at around 9am and waiting in line for it to open. Should I still go ahead and do an ISPU, and then if I am lucky enough to get a system through the above method can I cancel that order?

Sora_N

Thanks for the explanation, Sora! Much appreciated.

Just two more questions, though:

I was planning on getting to the Weston FS at around 9am and waiting in line for it to open. Should I still go ahead and do an ISPU, and then if I am lucky enough to get a system through the above method can I cancel that order?

Hmm unsure.

I usually just do ISPU when I wake up, then wait for the store to open and see if it was filled or not, usually they fill it earliest is 10-20 mins before opening.

Your ISPU is usually cancelled if you don't pick up by the end of the day...except when I tried to do it for Sleeping Dogs, I didn't pick it up and they called me to ask the next day lol. I already got mine so told them I got it already.

suikodan

Nothing till now. As far as I know. Sorry about that crappy Manitoba exception, doesn't make any sense. Could understand if it's QC but MB!

Ok ok, there is a thread elsewhere for your Quebec bashing, no need to vomit it here.

I'm really not sure how popular this will be. I would be mad arriving on site with a lot of people already on line. :p

Hmm unsure.

I usually just do ISPU when I wake up, then wait for the store to open and see if it was filled or not, usually they fill it earliest is 10-20 mins before opening.

Your ISPU is usually cancelled if you don't pick up by the end of the day...except when I tried to do it for Sleeping Dogs, I didn't pick it up and they called me to ask the next day lol. I already got mine so told them I got it already.

Aren't they supposed to hold it for you for three days? I could have sworn I read that on the "order filled" message they send out once the product is behind the counter.

isny

napkin dispenser
Aren't they supposed to hold it for you for three days? I could have sworn I remembered reading that on the order filled message they send out once the game is behind the counter.

It's a moot point as FS is not showing store stock for either 3DS XL unit.

Should I open the packaging or just take it to them as is and save them the time of repackaging them up?

I'm pretty sure you'll get bitched out if not even denied if the games are still sealed.

But it's not a safe bet, I forgot to remove this little sticker EB puts on used games case and FS CSR wasn't happy at all when he thought that I bought it just to trade it in. I shouldn't do it especially if your FS gaming staff are not so friendly. Mine seem to view trading for new stuff as a kind of fraud which is stupid but that's the case here and I just try to be careful with them.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
I was initially going to use my $10 off at Future Shop for getting Kingdom Hearts 3D on New Super Mario Bros 2, but I think I'm just going to trade in Skyrim since I don't think I'll ever have time to play it and I basically don't care to play it at this point.

I got Skyrim for$39.99 anyway so it's an equal trade.

suikodan

I'm happy to report that it's done.

The girl at the FS I went accepted all my games and an acquaintance of mine who happened to be there as well exchanged both version of Max Payne 3 without a sweat.

Can't wait to get back home to try this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom