• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I hope FS has enough 3ds xls to meet the demand. Between Red Flag, cheap ass and here there are a lot of people doing this deal. Get there early and do an instore pickup if you can.

Dundas, being the flag ship store, will almost always have stock way over what they need. They have literally towers of 3DS systems at the launch in March 2011. I doubt it'll be a problem for downtown Toronto at least.

Lothars

I hope FS has enough 3ds xls to meet the demand. Between Red Flag, cheap ass and here there are a lot of people doing this deal. Get there early and do an instore pickup if you can.
I'm going to be there when they first open tomorrow to make sure I can get in on the deal.

Palehorse

I just grabbed Max Payne 3 at Walmart in langford so now my haul includes Halo Anniversary and ACR bought for $60 total. I could have gotten it for $50 but I found out about the click coupon too late for Halo.

Still need to throw in Batman and SML3d

zroid

Banned
I have two copies of Tintin (360/Wii)

Will it works?

not at the same time, no

I'm not too worried about supply. 3DS isn't such a hot ticket item that they're going to be running out of them on launch day, probably. I'll definitely go before noon though, anyway.

Which colour are you guys getting? I'm still undecided, but leaning towards "Mega Man Blue"

Palehorse

I'm definitely a red and black man. Uhhh that doesnt sound right.

I'm also going to show up nice and early. Don't want to run around picking up games just to miss out.

zroid

Banned
Probably not (at least, they're not supposed to do it). Maybe you should use one of the Tintins for NSMB2, and get another game for the XL :)

Max Payne 3 from Wal-Mart, perhaps?

Socreges

Banned
Couple Qs

When does the trade 5/3DSXL promo expire?
What's the current trade-in value of a 3DS?

I'm not too interested in upgrading to the XL, but right now might be the cheapest I can acquire it for a very long time (promo + 3DS value).

Couple Qs

When does the trade 5/3DSXL promo expire?
What's the current trade-in value of a 3DS?

I'm not too interested in upgrading to the XL, but right now might be the cheapest I can acquire it for a very long time (promo + 3DS value).

Next Thursday is the last day.
A 3DS is $60 at EB. :lol

zroid

Banned
I don't think $100 is too high. It might not be so low that even someone who didn't really want a 3DS will feel like they have to snatch it up (this is me and the XL right now...), but anyone who's been looking for a deal would likely be getting one for 100 bucks.

Unless they're in the loop about this FS trade-in thing, of course :p

sikkinixx

It;s going to be a fuck show tomorrow trying to trade in one game to get Mario. Ugh. Fucking hoarders are gonna be out in force and ruin the trade-in system again.

Socreges

Banned
Done. Essentially getting a NSMB2 3DSXL bundle, GTAIV LCS, and a one-day rental of Star Fox 3DS for just over $100 - - then $0 if I can get a decent return on my 3DS.

Thank you, Canadian Gaming Deals-GAF.

DJ_Lae

I had little luck with Staples and Future Shop's used selection, so my trade in deal isn't really much of a deal as I'm tapping into some of my own games. Still, I don't plan on replaying them immediately so some (like ME3) will likely see a big price drop soon.

-Max Payne 3 (I'll probably buy another copy at Walmart tomorrow for myself, twenty bucks is a great deal and the Uptown Walmart had a shit-ton of them)
-Mass Effect 3
-Tintin
-Saints Row the Third
-Assassin's Creed Revelations (used the coupon on this)

That leaves me to find something for NSMB...I'll probably just nab another Max Payne 3 and trade it in the next day or later on or something.

Socreges

Banned
I had little luck with Staples and Future Shop's used selection, so my trade in deal isn't really much of a deal as I'm tapping into some of my own games. Still, I don't plan on replaying them immediately so some (like ME3) will likely see a big price drop soon.

-Max Payne 3 (I'll probably buy another copy at Walmart tomorrow for myself, twenty bucks is a great deal and the Uptown Walmart had a shit-ton of them)
-Mass Effect 3
-Tintin
-Saints Row the Third
-Assassin's Creed Revelations (used the coupon on this)

That leaves me to find something for NSMB...I'll probably just nab another Max Payne 3 and trade it in the next day or later on or something.
You don't even have to wait a day. MP3 can be used twice as long as they're in separate transactions. ie, one for Mario, another for the XL.

DJ_Lae

You don't even have to wait a day. MP3 can be used twice as long as they're in separate transactions. ie, one for Mario, another for the XL.

I know, but I'd feel like an RFDer doing that, even though I know it's within their trade-in policy.

Socreges

Banned
I know, but I'd feel like an RFDer doing that, even though I know it's within their trade-in policy.
The guy at FS suggested I do that. I don't see the point in waiting a day, but if it helps your conscience. ;)

Had there not been 40 MP3 copies at Walmart and if it weren't Future Shop on the other end, I might have felt guilty.

isny

napkin dispenser
Where in Ottawa will everyone be at tomorrow morning? Anyone else heading out to the Merivale Future Shop?

zroid

Banned
The guy at FS suggested I do that. I don't see the point in waiting a day, but if it helps your conscience. ;)

Had there not been 40 MP3 copies at Walmart and if it weren't Future Shop on the other end, I might have felt guilty.
I was actually planning to go to two separate Future Shops because I have two copies of Champion Jockey, but I guess if they're cool with it, I'll do both together. They're only about a 10 minute drive apart, but saved time is saved time (and saved gas)!

TheExodu5

Banned
Where in Ottawa will everyone be at tomorrow morning? Anyone else heading out to the Merivale Future Shop?

I was going to go to Gloucester...but I could just as easily go to Merivale.

edit: yeah actually, I think I'll go to Merivale, since BestBuy is just next door. I'll be able to do my trade for NSMB2 there.

Palehorse

I see a few Victoria posts in here. How many fellow GAFers live in the best Victoria in the world? (sorry Australia)

And who is showing up at opening time tomorrow at Uptown FS?

Sora_N

Okay just got home.

Starfox ($10) Amazon
MLB ($25) TRU sale (also grabbed DK, about 25 each)
TinTin Xbox (20) Staples
TinTin Wii (20) Staples)
Resident Evil Revelations (10) trading with someone on craigslist for my extra KH3D which I got for $10 w/ Crush 3D

Total will be $85 before taxes. If the CL trade doesn't work I'll trade in my Mario Kart 7.

DJ_Lae

I see a few Victoria posts in here. How many fellow GAFers live in the best Victoria in the world? (sorry Australia)

And who is showing up at opening time tomorrow at Uptown FS?

I'll probably be there, as I have no idea how many XLs they'll actually have. I think I want red.

Though I won't be in Victoria much longer (boo) as I got a job in Edmonton. That's a pretty rough move, I'm going to miss Victoria a lot.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm hoping the Futureshop north of the Junction will be less busy. Of course I'm only picking up NSMB2, so I'm not showing up that early.

isny

napkin dispenser
I was going to go to Gloucester...but I could just as easily go to Merivale.

edit: yeah actually, I think I'll go to Merivale, since BestBuy is just next door. I'll be able to do my trade for NSMB2 there.

I'll be there around 9, so just text me when you get there and you can join me in line. All we'll be missing is Stump =p

Updated trade-in list!

Champion Jockey Wii $10
Halo Anniversary $15
Assassin's Creed Revelations 360 $15
Mass Effect 3 PS3 $15

Getting Super Mario 3D Land via trade tomorrow with someone on Kijiji!

Total = $55!

Don't have to give up Kirby or Mario Kart 7! :D

Darko

the wii hunting game is $12 at RCSS :)

cabelas-dangerous-hunts-2011-wii-boxart.jpg

isny

napkin dispenser
Stump, y u no come to Fan Expo next Sunday? Do Christopher Llyod, Levar Burton, Billy West, etc. not interest you?

krae_man

I'm just going to go to Walmart. I can't be bothered to go all around town to find games to exploit a trade in program(and fight with other people to do it).

Walmart opens earlier anyway. Sadly though, I'm going to have to wait until Monday or Tuesday to play NSMBII as I did the $10 off Bestbuy preorder thing.

Edit: Hey, I just looked it up and I got 800 rewards zone points too. Awesome.

Socreges

Banned
I'm just going to go to Walmart. I can't be bothered to go all around town to find games to exploit a trade in program(and fight with other people to do it).

Walmart opens earlier anyway.
That's why you check stock online or call first. I ended up only having to go to Walmart and FS at one mall complex.

Darko

By this I mean Max Payne 3.

Got my haul, thanks again for all of the tips and help everyone =)

Max Payne 3 $20, Jockey $10, Capcom Digital $20, TinTin $20, Assassins Creed $15 - Total cost was about $95 =D

AwVYgl.jpg
where did you get tintin and capcom from... need two more.

IceCold

Uncharted 3 is $20 now (on amazon, futureshop, etc.). I know the GOTY edition is releasing soon but I don't know if the price hike + extra features are worth it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom