• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

It's funny, because of all the extra trades I never had to pay tax or anything on the XL. But they way he did it was basically refunding the entire thing and redoing the transaction, then the trade credit. Same crazy shit. I guess I ended up with the tax as credit.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone know why Futureshop/BestBuy hasn't started selling The Last Story yet? They're listing this Friday as the date, but I have a feeling it'll go even later.

Sulla1980

Picked up my 3ds xl yesterday! Had to run around town a lot to find some trade in games.

I already had Silent Hill: Downpour.

Picked up:
Max Payne 3 (Walmart) - $20
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Staples) - $20
Tintin (Staples) - $20
Champion Jockey PS3 (EB) - $14.

I had pretty good luck (in London, Ont). Found the last Max Payne 3 at Walmart, and the only Champion Jockey in EB. I had to search a few Staples for one that had more than a few token games.

The Futureshop guys who did the trade in were cool about it, though it took forever. Pretty happy to have picked up this system for $75.

Sulla1980

lmao you guys are on-the-ball with these trade-in deals. props!

You know, at first I was like, "Nope. Not driving around looking for trade-ins." But then it just crept into my head. Everyone here and on RFD having such a great time, who was I to miss out?! Extreme peer pressure.

Anyway, if my son likes it - and if the 3d doesn't make him go blind - it will be worth it.

Sora_N

Picked up my 3ds xl yesterday! Had to run around town a lot to find some trade in games.

I already had Silent Hill: Downpour.

Picked up:
Max Payne 3 (Walmart) - $20
Assassin's Creed Revelations (Staples) - $20
Tintin (Staples) - $20
Champion Jockey PS3 (EB) - $14.

I had pretty good luck (in London, Ont). Found the last Max Payne 3 at Walmart, and the only Champion Jockey in EB. I had to search a few Staples for one that had more than a few token games.

The Futureshop guys who did the trade in were cool about it, though it took forever. Pretty happy to have picked up this system for $75.

My guy was cool about it too, he asked me why everyone had TinTin lol. I told him it was from Staples, it didn't matter anyways. Someone else might've told him.

It was funny, when I was like uhh I want to do a trade, one guy told my guy "ok it's your turn" lol. I asked him if it was annoying to do trades and he said yeah. You have to get some codes, and then some overrides or something.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You know, at first I was like, "Nope. Not driving around looking for trade-ins." But then it just crept into my head. Everyone here and on RFD having such a great time, who was I to miss out?! Extreme peer pressure.

Anyway, if my son likes it - and if the 3d doesn't make him go blind - it will be worth it.
Yeah, total peer pressure. lol At least it looks good, even if the speakers are crap.

I know, it's incredibly frustrating :/

If I hadn't pre-ordered it for $24.99 during the FS E3 sale, I'd have rushed to EB by now.
Yeah, I have it ordered for 30 bucks. lol

Sora_N

So the FS deal was $30? Ugh I feel so bummed that I missed it but I'm picking up the game early for the bonus, too good to pass up.

DJ_Lae

If I hadn't pre-ordered it for $24.99 during the FS E3 sale, I'd have rushed to EB by now.

Yeah I stacked tsilon and another coupon to get mine for $20, though I have a copy that came in the mail yesterday as apparently I had preordered one from EB's site ages ago and then forgot about it.

Not sure if I should tear it open and play it and then return the Future Shop copy to EB. I think I'll just hang onto it for another week and see.

My friend can't find a FS with a 3DS XL in stock within the city limits right now. He finally decided to go for the deal.

Edit: Is Max Payne 3 still $20 at Wal-Mart?

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
My friend can't find a FS with a 3DS XL in stock within the city limits right now. He finally decided to go for the deal.

Edit: Is Max Payne 3 still $20 at Wal-Mart?

Dixie & Dundas has Blue units in stock (Vaughan & Brampton have both colours, but of course much further out), and you get without 20 minutes walking via TTC (80 bus that circles around Sherway is probably an easy bet, or just walk from Kipling which will take a while longer). Of course, if he has a car, less of an issue.

He should call stores and confirm they're not stocked though. Dundas & Yonge FS weren't showing any stock on launch day, but they had hundreds if not a thousand in.

And Max Payne was $20 only on the weekend sadly.

Torontonians looking for a regular 3DS, I noticed Sears @ the Eaton Centre has them on sale for $129.99 (black only, I think), and DSi XL's for $99.99 (burgundy).

TheExodu5

Banned
For the new page

Reminder: Ottawa Meet-Up

Where: The Works in the Glebe
When: 6:30PM, August 27th

Confirmed attendees: TheExodu5, Stumpokapow, isny, Chairman Yang

If you're interested in joining us, please let me know.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Don't know if anyone in this thread cares but Redline (Blu-ray) is $12.99 at Amazon.ca

Great anime flick.

What else can throw in to make it free shipping?

What else can throw in to make it free shipping?

I've got the same question. Anyone know of any other good Amazon deals right now?

As a side note, I wish anime stuff wasn't so expensive. I'd be a lot more willing to get into it if some blu-ray's didnt cost 50+ dollars. Is this just a Canadian thing or is it this expensive in the US too?

wingz

Just have a general question for tsilon users. How much work/time would it take to get $20 off codes of certain games like Borderlands. I tried going to the site and I'm totally lost...

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Hyrule Historia EXCLUSivE COMIC by Zelda Manga creator ;0

Yeah added with red line

zroid

Banned
Just have a general question for tsilon users. How much work/time would it take to get $20 off codes of certain games like Borderlands. I tried going to the site and I'm totally lost...

once you gain access by solving the colour key riddle things, it's just a matter of answering a bunch of trivia until you hit level 10. it doesn't take that long. most of the standard perks like $20 off Borderlands are accessible at level 10.

Don't know if anyone in this thread cares but Redline (Blu-ray) is $12.99 at Amazon.ca

Great anime flick.

Oh, wow. Great price. Wish I had something else to order for shipping filler...

iphys

Question for anyone that submitted for the $20 Nintendo rebate for buying a 3DS in the spring: did you get your cheque yet? They said 6-8 weeks after the May 31st deadline, but it's coming up on 12 weeks this Thursday and I still haven't received mine. Every time I've done rebates in the past they've always taken longer than expected, but now I'm starting to wonder if my cheque got lost or something.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
If you need an invite code then PM me. I'm pretty sure that bypasses all of the other things you have to go through to join the site. Once in you'll have to reach level 10 (there are a bunch of gaming trivia to get you there) to gain access to the whole site. Saying all that, the $20 off Borderland coupons are long gone but other perks will be added soon.

Check out the thread here once you're in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460186

wingz

once you gain access by solving the colour key riddle things, it's just a matter of answering a bunch of trivia until you hit level 10. it doesn't take that long. most of the standard perks like $20 off Borderlands are accessible at level 10.

If you need an invite code then PM me. I'm pretty sure that bypasses all of the other things you have to go through to join the site. Once in you'll have to reach level 10 (there are a bunch of gaming trivia to get you there) to gain access to the whole site. Saying all that, the $20 off Borderland coupons are long gone but other perks will be added soon.

Check out the thread here once you're in.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=460186

Thanks for the info. Gotta subscribe to the other thread.

No matter how I try I still never understand tsilon. If anyone could run it by me that would be great. Yes I know there is a thread, but all the things you need to do just to sign up don't make sense to me...

KarmaCow

No matter how I try I still never understand tsilon. If anyone could run it by me that would be great. Yes I know there is a thread, but all the things you need to do just to sign up don't make sense to me...

They added an invite system so if you want skip past the cryptic registration process just ask for an invite in the tsilon thread.

SMT

They added an invite system so if you want skip past the cryptic registration process just ask for an invite in the tsilon thread.

Woah, woah, we had to suffer to get the perks, this isn't fair. Underlings gotta suffer too.

You damn kids got it easy today.

Sajjaja

Woah, woah, we had to suffer to get the perks, this isn't fair. Underlings gotta suffer too.

You damn kids got it easy today.

The suffering I faced to get it...... TF2 server was down for months and I couldn't do that sound challenge so I had to wait....... Only learn that the password for orange was Sandvich......

DJ_Lae

I'd post it in the freebie thread but as with copies of Sin & Punishment 2 I gave away the other year I'd sooner send it to a Canadian (plus as long as it remains light packet it's cheaper for me).

I have a spare 360 copy of Episodes of Liberty City if anyone wants it. I ended up buying Max Payne 3 twice, once to trade in and the second time because I realized I wanted to play it anyway. Both purchases were the bundle pack.

Though given how many people here took advantage of Max Payne 3 for their XLs, I'm sure the same number now have the Episodes disc too.

wingz

I'd post it in the freebie thread but as with copies of Sin & Punishment 2 I gave away the other year I'd sooner send it to a Canadian (plus as long as it remains light packet it's cheaper for me).

I have a spare 360 copy of Episodes of Liberty City if anyone wants it. I ended up buying Max Payne 3 twice, once to trade in and the second time because I realized I wanted to play it anyway. Both purchases were the bundle pack.

Though given how many people here took advantage of Max Payne 3 for their XLs, I'm sure the same number now have the Episodes disc too.

Sure I'll take it. Thanks!

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace

If you still have the Episodes of Liberty City, I'd take it off of your hands!

EDIT: Or not. wingz you might want to PM DJ_Lae your address instead of keeping it out in the wild in this thread.

Ondore

Question for anyone that submitted for the $20 Nintendo rebate for buying a 3DS in the spring: did you get your cheque yet? They said 6-8 weeks after the May 31st deadline, but it's coming up on 12 weeks this Thursday and I still haven't received mine. Every time I've done rebates in the past they've always taken longer than expected, but now I'm starting to wonder if my cheque got lost or something.

I got mine in... May? You should have had it by now.

FS is having a deal for Vita next week.
Trade 5 + 100$
Get: Vita + Madden vita + 50$ gift card

Also T2 get Madden PS3/360 and 10$ coupon off a 20$ games in Sept.
T1 get Madden Vita and 10$ coupon off a 20$ games in Sept.
T2 get Guild WRs 2

Lots of Vita games for 20$ :
Hot Shots Golf, Resistance, MK, Lumines, Rayman, Dungeon Hunter ,Asphalt

Amazon.ca has Hot Shots Golf for Vita priced at 19.99$ right now.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0050SW4OC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=05A18WAJWEZ059H14VX8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1375922682&pf_rd_i=915398

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom