• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhead

Redarse
Thank you! Yeah, I will probably do just that and sell my "old" 3DS when I am back from my vacation. Hopefully, I can find a buyer for a region-locked (thanks Nintendo!) NTSC 3DS in Europe.

Do you know if the employees in Best Buy or Futureshop (or any other stores?) let me open a newly bought 3DS XL to check for dead pixels and scratched screens so that just in case I could have it exchanged right then and there?

@lupinko
Thanks for your help! If possible I won't be leaving the store until I have a mint system :)

Uh, why not sell it in Canada?

Look around for Varadero. I know there are more lively resorts for couples or for young travellers. The one I went to was more family-oriented.

Yeah I'm trying to find one more singles oriented. I've seen a couple on red tag deals ti veradero and some place in the Dominican republic, so that's the area of the world I'm aiming for. I would like to find a place that has younger people so I can make some temp friends and head into places together, not super interested in getting robbed... The resorts listed on red tags are getting mixed reviews... So I'm not sure who to trust.

zroid

Banned
FYI

Hyrule Historia is up for pre-order from Chapters and it's about $4 cheaper than Amazon.

ALSO, don't forget if you spend over $30 you can get $5 off with the AUG2012 coupon.

Luigi87

FYI

Hyrule Historia is up for pre-order from Chapters and it's about $4 cheaper than Amazon.

Ugh, was going to bite on this, but due to the price, it doesn't qualify for free shipping... Which puts it more expensive than Amazon for me x.x
Edit: Wait... Shipping to store. They allow that for pre-orders? =O

zroid

Banned
hmm, I dunno about shipping to store, never tried that. If you have something else you want to order that costs around $7, I would add that to cart and apply the $5 coupon. You'll get free shipping and pay $25 total. Still cheaper!

I lumped in the new Mistborn book, whose paperback releases this October! HYPE :p

Luigi87

hmm, I dunno about shipping to store, never tried that. If you have something else you want to order that costs around $7, I would add that to cart and apply the $5 coupon. You'll get free shipping and pay $25 total. Still cheaper!

I lumped in the new Mistborn book, whose paperback releases this October! HYPE :p

omfg XD
I literally just added the first Mistborn book to my cart when I read you suggestion (before you editted), as a friend of mine strongly suggested the series.

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Which one of you is responsible for UOttawa Anime's list 2012?

Sounds like you got lucky. Both times I have been to Cuba the food was TERRIBLE.

Varadero is cool if you like the resort thing, but I spent 2 of my 7 nights in Havana last time and I will never go back to a resort. I had waaaaaay more fun in Havana than in Varadero.

Also Onion, if you do end up staying in Varadero and want to see Havana, you might want to consider the bus. I think it was 30 pesos per person from the Varadero bus station to Havana. And if you need a ride back, go to the big bus terminal in Havana and talk to some of the guys standing around outside. The Cab wanted 100 pesos but we found a guy to take three of us for 60 in his own car, and we got to stop for beers along the way. :D

+1 for havana...if i got back i will just go directly to havana...veradero was ok and i found the food to be just average...this was at a big 5 star resort too

Chatin

Did anyone get their The Last Story preorders from BestBuy.ca? Curious if their "Out of Stock" is having received too low of quantities or not having received any at all.

wingz

Did anyone get their The Last Story preorders from BestBuy.ca? Curious if their "Out of Stock" is having received too low of quantities or not having received any at all.

I went to one of their locations earlier this week, and they said they won't receive any copies until the end of next week, but there website is saying they should be in stock tomorrow.

Went to FanExpo today, always shocked at the prices of games there. And Im not just referring to that American dealer, but also A&C Games. Christ almighty they gouge their prices on used games.

Cactus

Banned
Went to FanExpo today, always shocked at the prices of games there. And Im not just referring to that American dealer, but also A&C Games. Christ almighty they gouge their prices on used games.

A&C has ridiculously high prices at their retail location as well, although the worst I've ever seen was Pokemon Ruby selling for $49.99 at VG+ in North York.

Stage On

I went to one of their locations earlier this week, and they said they won't receive any copies until the end of next week, but there website is saying they should be in stock tomorrow.

The website is now saying some of the stores in my area have stock so hopefully that means my online order will ship tomorrow.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm thinking that they'll most probably have it by tomorrow, but its funny that even Wal-mart had copies on their shelf earlier this week. I don't know why it's taking so long for FS/BB.
EB had copies early this week too. I just wanted to get it before I moved back for school.

zroid

Banned

bloody hell

If they don't receive them by tomorrow, I might complain. I am going to get a $10 coupon out of this or an altercation may ensue!

--

EDIT:

Christ.

Temporarily out of stock: usually ships in 6-7 business days. {0} units available for backorder.

Did you guys know SEARS are clearing their gaming business"apparently" and selling PS3s and 360s for 99$ ?
I just knew from RFD but I have no idea about stock in Calgary (where I live), GTA looks like it was cleaned by hoarders as RFD reporters said. lol

kitzkozan

I'm going to check my Sears tomorrow. Hopefully I can get a cheap PSP or (sigh) Vita.

Seems Vita were going for 117$ so good luck with that. :p I think I'm gonna replace my fragile 360 (still have mine from 2006 with the 20GB disk drive) and get the holiday bundle for 199$.

zroid

Banned
TLS is "out of stock" now online, but apparently available in (some) stores. Assumed this just meant out for those who intend to place new orders, but it says that on my order page too.

Has the status changed to "preparing order" or something for anyone?

---

oh also, can confirm finally that the recent $10 off coupon that a bunch of us got works for $19.99 games. Just used it for a Lumines ISPU.

Kazerei

Banned
$19.99 Vita games: Lumines, Dungeon Hunter, Rayman, Resistance, Shinobido 2, Mortal Kombat, Asphalt, Hot Shots)

Not sure if this is new, but Future Shop marked down some other Vita games too. Gravity Rush, Metal Gear Solid HD Collection, and Virtua Tennis 4 are $29.99 now.

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I guess I was a little late to the party at my Sears. I talked to the sales rep in the electronic department and my Sears got rid of their video game section back in January haha.

He said that the smaller town Sears locations are sending their stock to the bigger locations.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I guess I was a little late to the party at my Sears. I talked to the sales rep in the electronic department and my Sears got rid of their video game section back in January haha.

He said that the smaller town Sears locations are sending their stock to the bigger locations.
Yeah, they're getting out of the game.

Hopefully when Target comes here, we'll have more opportunities for price wars and whatnot.

Having only Walmart, FS/BB, and EB (which never puts anything on sale) gives everyone very little incentive to try to push lower game prices.

Yeah, they're getting out of the game.

Hopefully when Target comes here, we'll have more opportunities for price wars and whatnot.

Having only Walmart, FS/BB, and EB (which never puts anything on sale) gives everyone very little incentive to try to push lower game prices.

Yeah totally. Our best bet now is to get the game on release, after that you're usually screwed with full priced game. Still FS is making life easier for me lol

SMT

this show is not Breaking Bad why is it not Breaking Bad? it should be Breaking Bad dammit Breaking Bad
Did any of you folks order Dark Souls; Prepare to Die Edition on PC from Futureshop with the Tsilion $20 coupon code?

It seems the price is still 59.99 - the copies have not shipped yet - nor have I gotten a discount---

DJ_Lae

oh also, can confirm finally that the recent $10 off coupon that a bunch of us got works for $19.99 games. Just used it for a Lumines ISPU.

Same. Can't aruge with $10 Lumines!

(well, I can, sort of, I'd rather have a digital version of that, but it's ten bucks)

zroid

Banned
IS THIS REAL LIFE

jGZGsKHMpIMsG.png

my card's still not charged, but things are finally looking positive...

Sora_N

Anyone know when the last time EB had a trade 3 get it free deal? I haven't seen them FOREVER. I need to trade in some games but I'm not sure if I should just do their trade 5 get $20 more deal or wait instead. The deal ends tomorrow.

zroid

Banned
If I remember correctly, you used a tsilon code, right? I hope waiting that extra week or so didn't knock you too far down the priority list, if they didn't get enough copies in to meet demand D:

Well, it seems pretty unlikely that they would fill up ALL allocated pre-orders as early as 2 months prior to release.

DJ_Lae

If I remember correctly, you used a tsilon code, right? I hope waiting that extra week or so didn't knock you too far down the priority list, if they didn't get enough copies in to meet demand D:

Well, it seems pretty unlikely that they would fill up ALL allocated pre-orders as early as 2 months prior to release.

I hope not.

I mean, I already have a sealed copy sitting on my kitchen table as I apparently made an EB order earlier in the year and forgot to cancel it, but maybe that's a mixed blessing.

Though a $30 discount is a good chunk of change.

Kazerei

Banned
PS Vita games at Future Shop - price roundup!

* = on sale this week only

$19.99
Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Little Deviants
Lumines Electronic Symphony
*MLB 12: The Show
Modnation Racers
Mortal Kombat
Rayman Origins