• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sora_N

FS is having a deal for Vita next week.
Trade 5 + 100$
Get: Vita + Madden vita + 50$ gift card

Also T2 get Madden PS3/360 and 10$ coupon off a 20$ games in Sept.
T1 get Madden Vita and 10$ coupon off a 20$ games in Sept.
T2 get Guild WRs 2

Lots of Vita games for 20$ :
Hot Shots Golf, Resistance, MK, Lumines, Rayman, Dungeon Hunter ,Asphalt

Amazon.ca has Hot Shots Golf for Vita priced at 19.99$ right now.

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0050SW4OC/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB&pf_rd_s=center-3&pf_rd_r=05A18WAJWEZ059H14VX8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1375922682&pf_rd_i=915398

The Vita deal is ok, I don't want Madden though. I wish you didn't have to pay $100.

Basically you could get 5 x $20 games = 100 + 100 = $200 roughly (I didn't include taxes)

The Vita is worth $250 + $50 gift card = 300.

If my math is correct, you have to spend about 200 to get a $100 bonus, good if you wanted a Vita for $200 lol or if you can find some $10 games.

I'll just...wait for a price drop, I'm not dying to play any of the games out right now, except Ragnarok, but I can wait.

Sora_N

I'd post it in the freebie thread but as with copies of Sin & Punishment 2 I gave away the other year I'd sooner send it to a Canadian (plus as long as it remains light packet it's cheaper for me).

I have a spare 360 copy of Episodes of Liberty City if anyone wants it. I ended up buying Max Payne 3 twice, once to trade in and the second time because I realized I wanted to play it anyway. Both purchases were the bundle pack.

Though given how many people here took advantage of Max Payne 3 for their XLs, I'm sure the same number now have the Episodes disc too.

Did the PS3 version come with it too? I wouldn't mind the Episodes for PS3. :(

Reposting since it was kind of buried in my last post (being hidden and all):

Future Shop
Guild Wars 2 $59.99 ($10 September credit, Trade 2)
Turtle Beach 360 Headset $79.99
250GB 360 bundle with Batman AA and AC2 $249.99
3DS with Steel Diver $169.99
Turtle Beach PS3 Headset $59.99
PS3 with RE6 and inFamous $249.99
Madden 13 $59.99 PS3/360, $39.99 Vita ($10 September credit, Trade 2 for PS3/360, Trade 1 for Vita)
PSVita with Madden 13 and $50 GC $249.99 (Trade 5 plus $99.99)
$19.99 Vita games: Lumines, Dungeon Hunter, Rayman, Resistance, Shinobido 2, Mortal Kombat, Asphalt, Hot Shots)

Best Buy
Madden 13 $59.99 ($10 credit, Trade 2)
PSVita with Madden 13 $249.99
Kinect $109.99
Guild Wars 2 $59.99 (Trade 2)
XBL 12-month $39.99
Max Payne, Skyrim, Spec Ops $39.99
MW3, Saints Row 3, Batman AC GOTY, Forza 4, Lego Batman 2 $29.99 (Lego Batman 2 3DS/Vita/Wii $19.99)
Halo Anniversary, Dead Island GOTY, AC Revelations, Just Dance 3 $19.99
250GB 360 bundle with MW3 $249.99
320GB HDD with Lego Star Wars $99.99
Turtle Beach X12/P11 Headset $39.99

I'm glad there is a trade 2 for Guild Wars 2 but I haven't been able to find much information on how it will look on a 47" HDTV.

Magnus

Not a gaming deal, but instead a movie one for Canada GAF!

Working with Universal Pictures Canada right now. Looking to give away tickets (as in, totally free) to advanced screenings of Pitch Perfect (due out October 5). Right now, the screening I have tickets for is in Halifax on Sept 12 at the Empire Park Lane theatre, 7pm.

MV5BMTcyMTMzNzE5N15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNzg5NjM5Nw@@._V1._SY317_.jpg

Please don't repost this anywhere (just reaching out to you here on GAF guys, and your friends, family and acquaintances), but absolutely DO let me know if you or anyone you know would be interested in passes (each pass admits 2). Obviously the more excitable the crowd, the better. Target demographic is 14-25 females, but anyone who's super enthusiastic is welcome. There's no NDA on this; everyone is encouraged to see it, tweet/post about it afterward and spread the word. You know how it goes.

PM me, and I can arrange to have a bunch of passes sent to you at your place of business for you to distribute as you see fit.

Mods, if this is inappropriate in any way (me listing this here), please let me know and I'll remove this. It's just free passes for word of mouth screenings, and figured I'd let GAF know!

Future screenings in other Canadian cities to come. I can continue posting here about them as I learn more!

Magnus

I would like to know more.

(just not about that particular movie)

Haha, awesome. Whatever Universal's got coming out this winter (Les Miserables is the big one, I believe) may become available in the fall. I'll always post what I know!

Magnus

Hoping for Vancouver but interested! :)

Can't tell if you guys are speaking to me, but if so, yeah, there'll be screenings in Sept. in Vancouver for sure. PM me thy addresses/areas so I can determine the closest ones to you (there are a number in Vancouver), and I can do my best to send you some.

Thanks!

Futureshop just gave me a $10 certificate for not giving me AR cards with my Kingdom Hearts 3D. Thing is, I bought it in store and got my AR cards in the case.

I have until September 15th to use it.

GG-Duo

Question for anyone that submitted for the $20 Nintendo rebate for buying a 3DS in the spring: did you get your cheque yet? They said 6-8 weeks after the May 31st deadline, but it's coming up on 12 weeks this Thursday and I still haven't received mine. Every time I've done rebates in the past they've always taken longer than expected, but now I'm starting to wonder if my cheque got lost or something.

Yes, same goes for me. I sent them an email a few weeks ago, and they replied that "it should arrive in the next week", but I still didn't get it.

I sent them another email last week and have not heard back from them. I'll probably send another email later this week.

zroid

Banned
I wonder if Future Shop will do a trade 1 deal, since the MSRP is $39.99, just like 3DS and Vita games...

If that happens then I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with my $20 off coupon for getting the XL.

Maybe LBP Vita... which itself could qualify for a trade 1 :/

Oh, and I got the KH $10 thing too. Even though I returned the one I pre-ordered online...

Firestorm

My bet is Future Shop keeps AC Revelations and Halo Anniversary on their qualifying list allowing people to grab the games from Best Buy and getting Guild Wars 2 for $40. Im content with the $45 I paid for the digital version so I can get the Headstart though. Need to get the name Firestorm...

If that happens then I don't know what the hell I'm going to do with my $20 off coupon for getting the XL.

Maybe LBP Vita... which itself could qualify for a trade 1 :/

Oh, and I got the KH $10 thing too. Even though I returned the one I pre-ordered online...

Go with The Last Story, I'll be doing that, doesn't seem like FS will have any trade-in deals. :(

I'm being offered $23 an hour to do OT next week...so I'm going to have to back out unless we do this later in the evening.

The earliest I'd be able to meet up would be 9:30pm =(

What, what? o_O

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Futureshop just gave me a $10 certificate for not giving me AR cards with my Kingdom Hearts 3D. Thing is, I bought it in store and got my AR cards in the case.

I have until September 15th to use it.
Same, too bad we can't combine it with the $20 off any $39.99 game in September coupon that we have on our receipts from before. Oh well, I'll probably use the $20 one and the $5 gift card I got from the tsilon Toronto meetup last month and get Kirby Collection for $15. I have no idea if I'll be using the $10 e-cert.

DJ_Lae

Is that e-coupon good for games that are $19.99? I can't remember if the fine print said games over $19.99 or games $19.99 or over. Future Shop's coupons are generally the latter but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to devalue the coupon by effectively limiting you to $25 games.

DJ_Lae

Want to get dat Lumines for $9.99! D:

Yeah, I was planning on using it for exactly the same thing.

Checked the text again and it might not work unless they made a typo - ."...a $10 e-certificate to use on your next gaming purchase over $19.99"

Kazerei

Banned
Is that e-coupon good for games that are $19.99? I can't remember if the fine print said games over $19.99 or games $19.99 or over. Future Shop's coupons are generally the latter but I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to devalue the coupon by effectively limiting you to $25 games.

Last week I was able to use a $10 off receipt on Hot Shots Golf, and got it for $9.99+tax.

Not sure about the online coupon though.

zroid

Banned
I have to think the e-cert would work the same way as the receipt coupons and it was just a very slight typo, but you never know. We'll find out soon enough, I suppose.

Hieberrr

DEAR NEOGAF, I GOTS A VACATION FROM SEP 11 TO SEP 27

FIND ME A BITCHIN ALL INCLUSIVE DEAL. GO.

Should've gone earlier :( I would have suggested Varadero, Cuba (Tryp Peninsula). I just came back from there (1 week) and it was amazing. Lovely beach, amazing buffet (basa fish is to die for), very nice people throughout the whole country, a trip to downtown Varadero (for like 10 pesos via cab), a trip to Havana (for 100 pesos via cab -- gotta ask one of the resort employees if they have a "friend"), and yeah. If you go with a significant other or family, then it's great!

Look around for Varadero. I know there are more lively resorts for couples or for young travellers. The one I went to was more family-oriented.

Pitch Perfect
I really hope there's one in Toronto. I'd be so down for this :)

theRizzle

Should've gone earlier :( I would have suggested Varadero, Cuba (Tryp Peninsula). I just came back from there (1 week) and it was amazing. Lovely beach, amazing buffet (basa fish is to die for), very nice people throughout the whole country, a trip to downtown Varadero (for like 10 pesos via cab), a trip to Havana (for 100 pesos via cab -- gotta ask one of the resort employees if they have a "friend"), and yeah. If you go with a significant other or family, then it's great!

Look around for Varadero. I know there are more lively resorts for couples or for young travellers. The one I went to was more family-oriented.

Sounds like you got lucky. Both times I have been to Cuba the food was TERRIBLE.

Varadero is cool if you like the resort thing, but I spent 2 of my 7 nights in Havana last time and I will never go back to a resort. I had waaaaaay more fun in Havana than in Varadero.

Also Onion, if you do end up staying in Varadero and want to see Havana, you might want to consider the bus. I think it was 30 pesos per person from the Varadero bus station to Havana. And if you need a ride back, go to the big bus terminal in Havana and talk to some of the guys standing around outside. The Cab wanted 100 pesos but we found a guy to take three of us for 60 in his own car, and we got to stop for beers along the way. :D

Hieberrr

Sounds like you got lucky. Both times I have been to Cuba the food was TERRIBLE.

Varadero is cool if you like the resort thing, but I spent 2 of my 7 nights in Havana last time and I will never go back to a resort. I had waaaaaay more fun in Havana than in Varadero.

Also Onion, if you do end up staying in Varadero and want to see Havana, you might want to consider the bus. I think it was 30 pesos per person from the Varadero bus station to Havana. And if you need a ride back, go to the big bus terminal in Havana and talk to some of the guys standing around outside. The Cab wanted 100 pesos but we found a guy to take three of us for 60 in his own car, and we got to stop for beers along the way. :D

Havana was beautiful! I wish I could've stayed there for longer than I did. Being with a family (and a little brother of 11), it was basically just sight seeing. :(

Sounds like your trip was awesome :D

Cheerilee

Hey do you guys know a good place to buy a desktop computer? I have a friend who's looking for one.

Build your own computer using parts from NCIX, or elsewhere, or using deals found elsewhere and price-matched on NCIX. If you're worried that you're not skilled enough to build your own computer, NCIX can assemble the parts for you for something like $50. You'll most likely still end up with more power for the money than you'd get buying a pre-built computer anywhere else.

Check this thread for help figuring out which parts to get and how best to spend your money.
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=455869

todog

I will be on vacation in Canada (Calgary first and BC area later) a week from now and I am considering to upgrade my imported 3DS (US NTSC) to a 3DS XL when I am there.

What store do you think is my best option. I am not looking for special deals or something just a store where I can buy a 3DS XL (and trade-in my 3DS for that matter) but only after opening and trying it out in the store since I preferably don't want to be stuck with an imperfect unit (dead pixels, scratched screens). That is very important to me because I can't exchange the handheld later when I am back home in Europe.

Can I do that in any Best Buy, Futureshop or am I limited to Gamestop and the likes?

Thanks!

lupinko

I will be on vacation in Canada (Calgary first and BC area later) a week from now and I am considering to upgrade my imported 3DS (US NTSC) to a 3DS XL when I am there.

What store do you think is my best option. I do not look for special deals or something just a store where I can buy a 3DS XL (and trade-in my 3DS for that matter) but only after opening and trying it out in the store since I preferably don't want to be stuck with an imperfect unit (dead pixels, scratched screens). That is very important to me because I can't exchange the handheld later when I am back home in Europe.

Can I do that in any Best Buy, Futureshop or am I limited to Gamestop and the likes?

Thanks!

I don't know about EBgamestop but for Best Buy and Futureshop, you can return open box game hardware within 14 days or a month or something. But regardless you can return open box game hardware
not software tho for obvious reasons.

Build your own computer using parts from NCIX, or elsewhere, or using deals found elsewhere and price-matched on NCIX. If you're worried that you're not skilled enough to build your own computer, NCIX can assemble the parts for you for something like $50. You'll most likely still end up with more power for the money than you'd get buying a pre-built computer anywhere else.

Check this thread for help figuring out which parts to get and how best to spend your money.

Follow this advice. Also, use shopbot.ca in conjunction with ncix's pricematching and you'll probably end up knocking another $50-$100 off the total.

This. Definitely. You won't regret it.

iphys

What store do you think is my best option. I am not looking for special deals or something just a store where I can buy a 3DS XL (and trade-in my 3DS for that matter) but only after opening and trying it out in the store since I preferably don't want to be stuck with an imperfect unit (dead pixels, scratched screens). That is very important to me because I can't exchange the handheld later when I am back home in Europe.

Thanks!

EB Games is the only place I know doing trade-ins for 3DS systems, but they'll only give you $60 for it. You're probably going to want to do a system transfer anyway, so trading in is not really convenient since you need wi-fi and like half an hour to do it. I would just buy it anywhere and sell the 3DS to someone yourself.

todog

EB Games is the only place I know doing trade-ins for 3DS systems, but they'll only give you $60 for it. You're probably going to want to do a system transfer anyway, so trading in is not really convenient since you need wi-fi and like half an hour to do it. I would just buy it anywhere and sell the 3DS to someone yourself.

Thank you! Yeah, I will probably do just that and sell my "old" 3DS when I am back from my vacation. Hopefully, I can find a buyer for a region-locked (thanks Nintendo!) NTSC 3DS in Europe.

Do you know if the employees in Best Buy or Futureshop (or any other stores?) let me open a newly bought 3DS XL to check for dead pixels and scratched screens so that just in case I could have it exchanged right then and there?

@lupinko
Thanks for your help! If possible I won't be leaving the store until I have a mint system :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom