• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

btkadams

has sony said whether or not psn will reflect the new prices for all of these vita games? i'm interested in picking up unit 13, but i think i would prefer digital.

wingz

So, I went to a Future Shop, where they had copies of TLS in stock, but they weren't on the show floor. That's because it was sealed in a box that said do not sell before 8/28. The CSR that was helping me was a cool dude actually checked the release date was suppose to be last week.

IS THIS REAL LIFE

jGZGsKHMpIMsG.png

my card's still not charged, but things are finally looking positive...

FutureShop just charged my card so it looks like it's finally going to get sent out early next week.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
PS Vita games at Future Shop - price roundup!

* = on sale this week only

$19.99
Asphalt Injection
Dungeon Hunter Alliance
Hot Shots Golf: World Invitational
LEGO Harry Potter: Years 5-7
Little Deviants
Lumines Electronic Symphony
*MLB 12: The Show
Modnation Racers
Mortal Kombat
Rayman Origins
Reality Fighters
Resistance: Burning Skies
Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
*Touch My Katamari
WipEout 2048

$29.99
F1 2011
*Gravity Rush
*LEGO Batman 2: DC Super Heroes
*Metal Gear Solid HD Collection
Michael Jackson The Experience
MMA Supremacy
Ridge Racer
*Virtua Tennis 4 World Tour Edition
*Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3
Unit 13

How is the Katamari game?

For what it's worth, the Katamari game is 25 bucks on PSN, so you're only saving a few bucks depending on the tax you get charged.

Did you guys know SEARS are clearing their gaming business"apparently" and selling PS3s and 360s for 99$ ?
I just knew from RFD but I have no idea about stock in Calgary (where I live), GTA looks like it was cleaned by hoarders as RFD reporters said. lol

I just checked the Sears at St. Laurent in Ottawa. They didn't have much in the way of selection, and what they did have didn't look like it had been marked down significantly -- i.e. 250GB 360s for $199, a couple of games. Nothing earth-shattering.

How is the Katamari game?

For what it's worth, the Katamari game is 25 bucks on PSN, so you're only saving a few bucks depending on the tax you get charged.

It's good. If you like Katamari it's worth a roll.

It's pretty much what you'd expect except that you can expand your Katamari really wide or narrow depending on what you are trying to pick up or avoid. It's actually a pretty helpful mechanic in an otherwise solid addition to the franchise.

The only downside to it, and every Katamari game is the length. If you want, you can sit down and play the game start to finish in one sitting, but it's all about high scores and unlocking everything, and that can take quite some time. Just depends what you want out of the game in terms of it's value.

I think I'm gonna have to stop and grab MK, Rayman and Lumines after work as I have a long road trip coming up at the end of next week. Any reason I should not buy any of those games?

Sora_N

Anyone use Gamebot before? It's been 25 days. I've already emailed them too. I will most likely never use this site again at this point. Not sure what I can do right now either.

RS4-

MK has no online play, only local wifi if that matters to you.

I wish there was a coupon, so I could make Wipeout a 9.99 game. I thought any game purchase from FS gave you a $10 coupon. I didn't get one from my Persona 4 purchase :(

btkadams

It's pretty much what you'd expect except that you can expand your Katamari really wide or narrow depending on what you are trying to pick up or avoid. It's actually a pretty helpful mechanic in an otherwise solid addition to the franchise.

The only downside to it, and every Katamari game is the length. If you want, you can sit down and play the game start to finish in one sitting, but it's all about high scores and unlocking everything, and that can take quite some time. Just depends what you want out of the game in terms of it's value.

I think I'm gonna have to stop and grab MK, Rayman and Lumines after work as I have a long road trip coming up at the end of next week. Any reason I should not buy any of those games?
i'm not a fighting game person, so i have no real opinion on mk. rayman and lumines are fantastic though. i own rayman on ps3 and it was still awesome to play on vita.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
MK has no online play, only local wifi if that matters to you.

I wish there was a coupon, so I could make Wipeout a 9.99 game. I thought any game purchase from FS gave you a $10 coupon. I didn't get one from my Persona 4 purchase :(
Only select games unfortunately. I'd pick up Katamari for 10 bucks for sure anyway.

I think I'm going to wait on Katamari since the price isn't that different from the PSN price.

Lumines is fun, but I gave up after hitting a wall. At least you can continue when you "die" so you can see all the skins.

Rayman is pretty much like the console versions, so if you want a portable version of it, then it's great.

Anyone use Gamebot before? It's been 25 days. I've already emailed them too. I will most likely never use this site again at this point. Not sure what I can do right now either.
You could dispute the charge?

Sajjaja

I tried them at the recommendation of another GAFFER and it took 5 days to even process the order even though they said 1 biz day. They didn't even remember respond to my emails. I filed a dispute and a few days after they gave me my money back. Never again.

Sora_N

I tried them at the recommendation of another GAFFER and it took 5 days to even process the order even though they said 1 biz day. They didn't even remember respond to my emails. I filed a dispute and a few days after they gave me my money back. Never again.

The only reason why I even bothered was the Yakuza 3 copy for $10, but I could easily have paid for a copy at double the price and have it come within 2 weeks....and that I didn't look up information on the site beforehand (for once). Lesson learned I guess.

dammit what is with ebay?!
I put up my 3DS XL for auction, and TWICE the winning bidders are newbie zero feedback morons who don't intend to pay. This is seriously lowering my odds to sell this thing at a reasonable price.

Is there any way to restrict bidders to only those with positive feedback?

zroid

Banned
dammit what is with ebay?!
I put up my 3DS XL for auction, and TWICE the winning bidders are newbie zero feedback morons who don't intend to pay. This is seriously lowering my odds to sell this thing at a reasonable price.

Is there any way to restrict bidders to only those with positive feedback?

:\

So how do you sell items on eBay? I've only used Kijiji.

Do you have to pay to ship the item? Do you have to pay for postage? Is there anyway to get the money physically? I guess I could just receive it via PayPal and put it in my bank account, but still I'd prefer if I didn't have to link those two accounts for safety reasons.

I want to sell my original 3DS.

Edit: By the way, has anyone seen new copies of Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise in Montreal?

Or have an unopened copy? I would love to have it for $10, if you're not in Montreal, you could ship it to me and I can pay via PayPal. :)

Same with Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow, apparently people found it at RCSS for $2.50. o_O (fucking Montreal doesn't have RCSS), I'll take it for $5 if anyone's willing to find it and buy it at that price. :)

firehawk12

Subete no aware
You charge the buying what it costs you to ship. Most people charge over just to cover themselves.

I think you can still do cheques or money orders, but that all depends on whether or not the buyer is willing to do that since PayPal gives them a lot of protection.

Chatin

If they were aware they were getting limited stock, and they already had a number of preorders, it seems common sense would dictate the preorders get filled before any stock is shipped to any store. At least some of the FS orders are being filled. Seems BestBuy is a different case.

iphys

So how do you sell items on eBay? I've only used Kijiji.

Do you have to pay to ship the item? Do you have to pay for postage? Is there anyway to get the money physically? I guess I could just receive it via PayPal and put it in my bank account, but still I'd prefer if I didn't have to link those two accounts for safety reasons.

I want to sell my original 3DS.

Edit: By the way, has anyone seen new copies of Viva Pinata: Pocket Paradise in Montreal?

Or have an unopened copy? I would love to have it for $10, if you're not in Montreal, you could ship it to me and I can pay via PayPal. :)

Same with Blue Dragon: Awakened Shadow, apparently people found it at RCSS for $2.50. o_O (fucking Montreal doesn't have RCSS), I'll take it for $5 if anyone's willing to find it and buy it at that price. :)

First you should have a buying history, because it doesn't look trustworthy if you're selling and have 0 feedback, and then you should establish a selling history selling small items first. It's really not a good idea to sell a big item as your first thing, because a lot of people just won't take the chance in bidding and you'll get a lot less for it than it's worth. People are going to want to pay via PayPal for convenience and safety. If you don't have a selling history, PayPal will hold the funds for a few weeks before you can use them.

zroid

Banned
Last Story shipped yesterday, it turns out. FS just didn't update the order status till now.

Tracking shows Canada Post picked up the item on the 24th, so looks like I'll be getting it on Monday! ^_^

I found from inside sources that it's pretty common for FS/BB to not order enough to fill preorders. It usually happens when there's a high demand (relative to what they planned on ordering). I'm guessing they're just terrible at predicting how much stock they need.

I tried to price match TLS with your posts and it was a no go. :/

Don't they take receipts? Maybe if somehow you take a photo of yours and upload it? I guess you'll receive it when the package arrives; the online receipts "would be easily faked". :/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Last Story shipped yesterday, it turns out. FS just didn't update the order status till now.

Tracking shows Canada Post picked up the item on the 24th, so looks like I'll be getting it on Monday! ^_^
Mine too!

I found from inside sources that it's pretty common for FS/BB to not order enough to fill preorders. It usually happens when there's a high demand (relative to what they planned on ordering). I'm guessing they're just terrible at predicting how much stock they need.
See, that would be fine if it weren't for the fact that they started taking pre-orders months in advance. You'd think they'd have some idea of the numbers anyway.

I tried to price match TLS with your posts and it was a no go. :/

Don't they take receipts? Maybe if somehow you take a photo of yours and upload it? I guess you'll receive it when the package arrives; the online receipts "would be easily faked". :/
They probably want real receipts. I've never done it that way though. Although, they probably know that any games bought online probably had the coupon/e3 deal applied to it...

Quick

Banned
Has anyone been to Fan Expo or will be going tomorrow? If so, head over and play a game of PS All-Stars Battle Royale and get a 30-day PS+ code for your trouble. Rinse, repeat a few times and next thing you know, you have 3-4 months worth of PS+ codes.

I just got myself 6 months worth. They don't expire until next August.

Has anyone been to Fan Expo or will be going tomorrow? If so, head over and play a game of PS All-Stars Battle Royale and get a 30-day PS+ code for your trouble. Rinse, repeat a few times and next thing you know, you have 3-4 months worth of PS+ codes.

I just got myself 6 months worth. They don't expire until next August.

Are they doing this tomorow?

Quick

Banned
Are they doing this tomorow?

Yep. Lines move pretty fast, too. I was waiting for about 10 minutes for the 2 times I went. My friend gave me mine, and I was lucky enough that the Sony employees changed midway through, so he wasn't notified that we had already gotten codes, and gave us another after playing.

Oh, and I won a battle, so they gave me the limited edition transparent Helghast marksman that was included in the Killzone 3 Helghast Edition. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom