• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

jokkir

Anyone have the link or know the games that qualify for the trade 2, get Guild wars 2 deal?

I have no idea how to find it on the Futureshop site >__>

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Anyone have the link or know the games that qualify for the trade 2, get Guild wars 2 deal?

I have no idea how to find it on the Futureshop site >__>
It'll be in the "Trade In Games" section.

And for you guys complaining about Canada Post, please explain this one to me. lol
bqMoo.png

TheExodu5

Banned
Reminder: Ottawa Meet-Up

Where: The Works in the Glebe
When: 5:30PM, September 1st

Confirmed attendees: TheExodu5, Stumpokapow, isny, Chairman Yang

If you're interested in joining us, please let me know.

Not sure if it was posted yet but starting tomorrow until september 4 staples will be carrying the 4GB Xbox360 for $149.99

Best Buy will have it for 150$ starting August 31st with Assassin's Creed Revelations.
Also starting at the same date :

FS Trade 5 select games >>> iPod touch 4th gen 8gb

Firestorm

Best Buy will have it for 150$ starting August 31st with Assassin's Creed Revelations.
Also starting at the same date :

FS Trade 5 select games >>> iPod touch 4th gen 8gb
Hm. Wonder if they'll let us add for a 32 or 64GB? Although the new iPod Touches will probably be announced next month =/ Guess there's always the return policy.

Neki

Reminder: Ottawa Meet-Up

Where: The Works in the Glebe
When: 5:30PM, September 1st

Confirmed attendees: TheExodu5, Stumpokapow, isny, Chairman Yang

If you're interested in joining us, please let me know.

yo go get freakinchair to come to one of these

Mikey Jr.

Really offtopic here, but I want to take some vacation time. I have worked for a year, so I know I am entitled to 2 1 week vacation blocks. I want to take a week, but I just have a question.

What is considered a week? Is it 5 days or 7 days? In my job, I work 7 days in a row, then 3 days off, 7 days, then 4 days off, rotating like that.

If I ask for a week off, do I get 7 days, or 5 days?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Really offtopic here, but I want to take some vacation time. I have worked for a year, so I know I am entitled to 2 1 week vacation blocks. I want to take a week, but I just have a question.

What is considered a week? Is it 5 days or 7 days? In my job, I work 7 days in a row, then 3 days off, 7 days, then 4 days off, rotating like that.

Ask your work?

EDIT: haha at the CP shipment.

Sora_N

Probably have to ask your work, but it MAY be up to you if you want 7 days or 5 days off in the end?

Mikey Jr.

Thanks guys. I thought there was a provincial standard or something like that. Just asking here because my dispatcher is off for a few days, so I'll have to wait till he comes back I guess.

Lothars

Thanks guys. I thought there was a provincial standard or something like that. Just asking here because my dispatcher is off for a few days, so I'll have to wait till he comes back I guess.
My thought is 5 days is counted as a week but It does depend on the company how Vacation is handled since I have friends that work 1 week on and 1 week off and their Vacation is actually hours based.

seeing we're on the package delivery topic i recently ordered some headphones from amazon.ca and wanted to know how long the shipment will take.

Concord ON --> Vancouver BC

DJ_Lae

seeing we're on the package delivery topic i recently ordered some headphones from amazon.ca and wanted to know how long the shipment will take.

Concord ON --> Vancouver BC

It usually takes a week to get things from Amazon to Victoria, so you might get by with four business days.

Quadratic

Maybe with them selling out they'll put in an order for more to be made. I have one from Gamestop.com guaranteed, but I'd like to get one in Canada if possible to save shipping costs. The amazon.ca deal was the best but they sold out so quick.

I don't really see what's so special about the SE. Just a Vita case, right? $30 seems a tad steep for that.

I thought it was more than that. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/24/persona-4-golden-solid-gold-premium-edition/

I remember running around the lower mainland looking for Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis for a LONG time... and remember Disgaea 1's crazy prices on ebay before Atlus did a second run?

I don't want to go through that kind of shit again for rare games.

sikkinixx

I thought it was more than that. http://blog.us.playstation.com/2012/08/24/persona-4-golden-solid-gold-premium-edition/

I remember running around the lower mainland looking for Tactics Ogre Knights of Lodis for a LONG time... and remember Disgaea 1's crazy prices on ebay before Atlus did a second run?

I don't want to go through that kind of shit again for rare games.

God I remember buying the last copy of Disgaea from this little shit hole in North Vancouver for $70, only to have the owner CALL ME the next day asking if he could buy it back for $80.

Sora_N

God I remember buying the last copy of Disgaea from this little shit hole in North Vancouver for $70, only to have the owner CALL ME the next day asking if he could buy it back for $80.

And now it's worth $20-30 only lol.

Strange how I have 3 versions of the game. PS2, PSP, DS.

Sora_N

This is not related, but anyone know a good place to buy shoes online? I'm talking about running shoes, but possibly leather/dress shoes as well.

I have wide feet, so hard to shop for shoes. Picking the wrong shoes in the past is starting to catch up to me, my feet hurt randomly now. Anyways looking for a store that is good to buy from, maybe in Canada? Thanks :)

Magnus

Vancouver residents, educate me quickly:

How is North Vancouver perceived to those who live in Vancouver proper? Is the trek north across that bridge or whatever considered a long or annoying trip, or would people be willing to do it for a night out?

Thanks. Doing some research for something work related.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
This is not related, but anyone know a good place to buy shoes online? I'm talking about running shoes, but possibly leather/dress shoes as well.

I have wide feet, so hard to shop for shoes. Picking the wrong shoes in the past is starting to catch up to me, my feet hurt randomly now. Anyways looking for a store that is good to buy from, maybe in Canada? Thanks :)
I don't understand how people can buy shoes without trying them on first (like online). I'm super picky about the way shoes feel and I'll wear them around the store for 5-10 minutes before even thinking about buying them. Sales people get annoyed I take so long.

Sora_N

How is North Vancouver perceived to those who live in Vancouver proper? Is the trek north across that bridge or whatever considered a long or annoying trip, or would people be willing to do it for a night out?

Do you mean driving or do you mean seabus to N Van?

I don't understand how people can buy shoes without trying them on first (like online). I'm super picky about the way shoes feel and I'll wear them around the store for 5-10 minutes before even thinking about buying them. Sales people get annoyed I take so long.

I know what you mean but they're starting to sell less and less wide shoes in stores, I don't even know where to find them anymore. I tried just assuming it would work out if it felt comfortable even when I got home, but when I actually tried to break the shoes in they started breaking my foot.

For me, going up there is kind of considered a special trip. I'll never bus, and dread crossing Lions gate Bridge cause I'm probably gonna get stuck. There really isn't anything up there that Vancouver doesn't already have except for Ambleside park I guess.

So basically, long annoying trip.

Sora_N

Anyways, I don't drive. The trip to North Van via transit is either seabus (simplest and fastest way I think) or some long bus ride. I don't mind going to North Van but basically not much there that you really need to go there for. My friend lives there though. I go there at least once a year for the grouse grind too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom