• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I don't know about you but getting kicked in the balls sounds a hell of a lot worse than getting punched in the face unless Mike Tyson is doing the punching and a small child is doing the kicking. :p
Well yeah, you could lose some teeth or break your nose or something... you don't know!

I've been looking at the whole thing with android phones and iPhones. And really unless Apple does something absolutely revolutionary (like a more open system, hahaha), I'm starting to lean away from my iPhone. I'd probably instead get a iTouch and use it strictly as a gaming device, and fully switch over to Android.

TheExodu5

Banned
The main thing holding me on the iPhone is AirVideo. It's such a great media streamer. I really need to test out Android equivalents to see if they hold up.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
GMG25-LABOR-DAYGO - 25% off at GMG, which brings it to $37.50
Ooh, thanks!

Does GMG charge your card and give you the code immediately or could I cancel and potentially get a better deal if one pops up in the next few weeks?

If you're willing to wait, Future Shop will likely have a Trade-2 promotion. It'll come with a steelbook too.

FS.ca is also offering a $10 credit on any online pre-orders.
Certainly considered it, but I'd be missing out on the pre-order bonuses (namely Mechromancer DLC) and it'd probably come out to the same amount when/if I bought 2 15$ games to trade in at FS.

Omzz

Ended up trading 5 games for the iPod Touch 8GB at Futureshop.

Just bought three Lego Batman 2 on Wii, PSV, and 3DS + Street Fighter x Tekken on both 360 and PS3. Each game was $19.99 at Best Buy, so just ended up doing that lol.

btkadams

Ended up trading 5 games for the iPod Touch 8GB at Futureshop.

Just bought three Lego Batman 2 on Wii, PSV, and 3DS + Street Fighter x Tekken on both 360 and PS3. Each game was $19.99 at Best Buy, so just ended up doing that lol.
Isn't the iPod touch getting a new model in a week or two?

Omzz

Yeah it's coming soon. Didn't really want to get the new iPod since it would probably be expensive when it releases. I just settled for this one since I want to just use it for music and facetime. It has what I need.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Picked up a Samsung Q with WIND this weekend. Pretty nice budget DROID and WIND is having their 'Back to School' sale right now, so $29 for unlimited talk / text / data is lovely.. and the WIND tab covers phone cost. We already have a phone with WIND with voicemail, but really needed a second.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I'm looking forward to the my wallet being stolen from me by one of the big three carriers. I'm sure I'll feel the same that I feel after a Steam sale. lol

FS and BB have online Labour Day sales today and tomorrow. BB: 10% off used games, 15% off accessories, 25% off used games.

FS: 15% off accessories, 20% off used games.

iphys

Hmmm, I wasn't going to bite on Kirby's Dream Collection for $35 at BB, but for $30 at FS, I'm really tempted. The only Kirby games I've got are Nightmare in Dreamland and that 3DS ambassador one (which I found too dreadful to play), and I almost feel like that's enough Kirby for one lifetime though, so I'm still debating whether to get this.

Ondore

Is the "no instore pickup on preorders" a hard rule for all game preorders, or just for the less expensive ones? Tried it with Pokemon White 2 and Kirby Collection, no dice on either.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Kirby for 30 bucks seems to be a no brainer. I hope this is a new trend - I'd almost rather have 10 dollars off immediately rather than have some coupon that I have to use at some point in the future. (Or BestBuy dollars that only work in store).

Is the "no instore pickup on preorders" a hard rule for all game preorders, or just for the less expensive ones? Tried it with Pokemon White 2 and Kirby Collection, no dice on either.
All preorders. I don't know why they don't change that policy, but there ya go.

I was having the same feelings a while back, once I found out Wind coverage was poor. :(
Yep. lol
Oligopolies rule! Thanks CRTC!

Liquidus

Aggressively Stupid
I ended up pre ordering another copy of Resident Evil 6 Anthology since it's $10 off with a steel book case. I'm afraid Futureshop is going to cancel my $59.99 order placed for the same game from the summer.

Pretty boring labour day sales as usual.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I'm not bothering with Kirby at $30 because I still have my $20 coupon on my Sleeping Dogs receipt for any $40 game in September.

iphys

Okay, I broke down and bought Kirby, but now I'm regretting it after looking at my backloggery. I hope all the games are short and sweet.

Ondore

Okay, I broke down and bought Kirby, but now I'm regretting it after looking at my backloggery. I hope all the games are short and sweet.

I beat Dream Land 1 in a couple of hours when I bought it on 3DS about a year ago, but I don't know what they're doing with the challenge mode. And Superstar is about a 10 hour game.

Also, ordering White 2 with the pre-order (and a gift card) was a shitshow... but I got it through. No cash layout for a game I was buying anyway? Booyah.

TheExodu5

Banned
Better send such links through PMs. CD Key reselling sites are banned here. Not because they're illegal or anything, but they can potentially be flagged and removed from your Steam account (usually not, but it has happened).

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Better send such links through PMs. CD Key reselling sites are banned here. Not because they're illegal or anything, but they can potentially be flagged and removed from your Steam account (usually not, but it has happened).

Yeah, I'll remove it and just mention it was on RFD. Research further if interested.

I ended up pre ordering another copy of Resident Evil 6 Anthology since it's $10 off with a steel book case. I'm afraid Futureshop is going to cancel my $59.99 order placed for the same game from the summer.

Pretty boring labour day sales as usual.

There hasn't been a good labour day sale that I can remember. Hopefully Canadian Thanksgiving gives us something good.

Hey, just curious on the state of Netflix in Canada and if anyone loves the service etc. Last I read 2012 was supposed to edge near the US in selection...

Anyone a current subscriber and want to throw two cents in for me?

Hey, just curious on the state of Netflix in Canada and if anyone loves the service etc. Last I read 2012 was supposed to edge near the US in selection...

Anyone a current subscriber and want to throw two cents in for me?

I've been a subscriber for a long time now. The selection has gotten WAAAY better.. however it's not even remotely close to the US selection yet. I still think it's well worth the money but it probably depends on the person. It just happens to have a lot of stuff I like.

I've been a subscriber for a long time now. The selection has gotten WAAAY better.. however it's not even remotely close to the US selection yet. I still think it's well worth the money but it probably depends on the person. It just happens to have a lot of stuff I like.

Okay, well I'm not too picky on stuff I want, need a lot of background noise and stuff and TV shows mainly.

I'll grab a free trial and go from there :x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom